2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

Ms_CoCo37

Sweet memories of the last challenge by Twana has inspired me to revive this challenge. I like the details Twana had so I copied them below:

I'm starting this thread now to give people a chance to see it and get wearing their hair down out of their system. Same rules as the previous challenges.

RULES:
  • Hide the length of your hair by wearing it in protective styles. That can be wigs, weaves, buns, braids, twists, etc.
  • You can take picture updates, but do not allow them to be publicly seen.
  • You are allowed 3 free passes to wear your hair out. That's basically a pass every two months.
  • Post your starting picture in the Starting Pictures Thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=487828

• Check in as needed. If you are struggling to find styles or losing motivation, check in so we can support each other.
  • Last but not least.....ENJOY THE LENGTH YOU RETAIN ONCE THE CHALLENGE IS OVER!!! :yep:
This challenge goes hand in hand with BSL, 2010 OCT/MegaTek, and other challenges ending in December.

This challenge will officially begin on July 31st and we will reveal on December 31st

In lieu of me listing all of the names as people join the challenge, you can just put a Thanks under this post. That way the list will remain current. (Thanks for the suggestion ShyIntellect!)

I will post a separate thread for our starting pix. With Twana's help I will post other helpful threads within this one.

Reference Threads:

(These are the threads that started it all for me)

2009 HYH Challenge:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=367811

2009 HYH Reveal:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=427120

HHJ Ladies!:grin:

Last edited:

Sapphire_chic

Definately in for this challenge :grin: I think my main styles will be twist out and braid out updos as well as some sort of rollerset updo, oh and buns with humps. This'll probably be a good opportunity to practice some side flat twists and cornrows to spice things up.
I will be buying alot of hair accessories because I need variety!

KinkyGenius

I'd like to join this challenge as well.

ETA: Would wearing a braidout be considered a protective style or would it need to be pinned up?

Last edited:

KinkyGenius

Instead of listing out the participants maybe just have those that want to be apart of the challenge "Thank" the original post. Might be easier for you, but just a suggestion!

newbeginnings2010

I'm in! I don't have much of a choice about hiding my hair because of my transitioning. I can hide for six months. I want to hold on to my relaxed ends until the VERY end! I'll be bunning 99% of the time.

NikkiQ

^^^ you and me both! :lachen:

I think it may be too shocking for me to BC too soon so I plan on doing a pretty lengthy transition.

hair4romheaven

I'm in. I BC in June so a DEC reveal is just what I need. I will be weaved up for the first half and in a wig the second half.

CurlTalk

I'm so in! I'll be doing mainly twistouts, two strand twists, braidouts and wash n gos. My hair's a bit too short for much else. Can't wait till Dec.!

OsnapCnapp!

Hey Ms Coco!!! I luv ur challenges girl! Im game so put me on the list. I get my sew-in today so I will be back later with before and after pics. I plan to stay weaved up throughout the rest of the year with occasional washes and maybe leave out 2 wks, don't know yet.

NikkiQ

I saw a few LF in the BSS yesterday that really caught my eye but I plan on having a curly install done this weekend :grin:

JJamiah

I saw a few LF in the BSS yesterday that really caught my eye but I plan on having a curly install done this weekend :grin:

I love the LF's :)

I am done purchasing any new ones until maybe Black Friday/Christmas for next year's stock :lachen:

Ms_Twana

I'd like to join this challenge as well.

ETA: Would wearing a braidout be considered a protective style or would it need to be pinned up?

Are updo's protective styles or do the ends have to be hidden? because that will be hard lol

Protective styles are basically any style that protect your ends (whether it's keeping them hidden or keeping them from rubbing on your clothes). You can get away with wearing a braidout being a protective style if it's not rubbing on your clothes. But for the purpose of this challenge, the braidout just needs to hide your real length. Does that make sense?

Miss AJ

In what cute protective styles are you naturals wearing your hair? I've got a few styles I like but I get bored easily.

Poutchi

I am sooo in. I am wet bunning using a haragami almost 99% of the time. I am also transitionning without the BC. I will have to use my first passe in Earlier August lol. But I don t plan to have my hair out after that. I am on the MT Challenge as well and trying to hit APL by end of 2010. HHJ to all
ETA: I plan to wet bun until it becomes colder where i will put braids in for 2 months. I am also contemplating doing twists with my hair and bunning them. We will see

im_kaytee

I am a new to the forum and soaking in all the new information! I know I have no pictures or anything at the time, but I was planning on doing a similar challenge (on my own), but I think if I actually start with people, I will have the strength and encouragement to not give in, therefore I would love to join the challenge, how do I join?

djkforeal

I would like to join this challenge as well. I will continue to wear my full lace wigs while keeping my hair hidden from people's eyes and the un-relenting sun :yep:. I think it's funny when people assume you are bald when you wear weaves, wigs or any type of extensions and when they see your real hair and how long it is they can't believe it and still think it's a weave :drunk:. I don't think we will ever win with some people, but let's just keep on doin' us. I think this is a great challenge to keep alive. Thanks OP.

Anew

okay okay, I always try to sign up for challenges but this is doable. I'd like to join this one