2010 HYH Challenge Reveal!...Come on in! :-)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
All you ladies are so inspirational! Everyone made progress, no matter if it wasn't as spectacular as what you planned for yourself :grin: Everybody moved forward in their healthy hair journey so :congrats: :clap::trampolin :woot::happydance: I almost feel near tears because you ladies worked so hard at achieving your goals and succeeded! Divachyk, NJoy, MsCoco, Janet`, & Dee Raven, I need all of your reggies ASAP because yall's hair put all of us "regular growers" to shame :yep:
My regi was bun nonstop! I bunned every way I knew how. I didn't hide under a wig all that much, maybe once or twice the entire challenge. I'm just not that comfy in wigs yet to wear them to work which is where I spend most of my time. I don't mind wearing them on the weekends and after work hours...I've just not brought myself to showcase at work yet.

I poo and DC once weekly. I scalp massage daily for a few minutes. Moisturize seal 2x daily (morning/night). I juice my ng several times a week. During most of the challenge I was using Scurl but now I'm using Taaliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier now that it has cooled off. I was still trying to find my staples for most of the challenge so I used a combination of products, wasn't really dedicated to anything particular. Now my weekly regi goes something like -- Hair One, Roux PC, Aphogee 2 min, DC for 1 hour with AOWC and mix in 1tbsp hemp, avocado and evoo. I generate heat for my DC by putting on 4 plastic caps and covering my head with either a baseball cap or a beanie. I tried the home grown steam treatment a few times throughout the challenge for my DC. I air dry always and am now in love with the Tangle Teezer for detangling.

Wow Jahzyira! Your progress is great! Your hair has gained health and length! The fullness is great! Congrats!!! :yep:

March 2010

July 2010

December 2010.... Relaxed @ 7 months post

JJamiah

my beginning pic and my ending pic :)

Attachments

• may pic.jpg
    may pic.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_4049.jpg
    100_4049.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 110

debbiedee

I posted this on the original challenge thread. I didn't know there was a thread for reveal. So, I'll post again.

Ok...so, I said i'd do the challenge. But there was a huge setback. :perplexed Here goes...so off I went to university in september. WooHoo!!!

For the first time living independently. This resulted in consumption of a highly UNBALANCED diet, lack of care for my hair (I had the same sew-in from september to december), no daily moisturizing.

School life left me constantly stressed sooooo I wasn't suprised when I took off my sew-in after 4 months. I detangled my hair and in the process of washing and combing, balls of it literally came out. I nearly cried. My front hair is half gone...I think my hair line danced backwards. My once-full hair was soo thin and frail.

I am now nursing it back to health! Learn from this ladies!!

Before:

After:

GeauXavi

SORRY I'm sooooo late, everyone!!! But my life has been super-hectic.

here is my reveal. I took these pics before. I already revealed my straight hair in the other thread...but here are my curly pics...the first is a twist-out from july, the others are from Christmas/NYE.

Oh...and I'm also in for the HYH 2011...I just got my full sew-in last week...I'll post details in the new thread:)

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-07-24 at 13.05.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-24 at 13.05.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 173342_23411350_5434693_n.jpg
    173342_23411350_5434693_n.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

I just thought some of you might like to take a stroll down memory lane.:grin:

2010 was good to me.:grin: 2011 was my year of setbacks.:nono: 2012 I will be back on track to reaching my goals.:yep: