2011 APL Challenge

Evolving78

^^^i had to trim off some of my progress as well. hopefully i will make it to APL by Dec/Jan? i am rollersetting, so hopefully this will help. i plan on getting a small trim around the holidays.

HauteHippie

@shortfub78

Yeah, I hear you. Good luck! I am planning on eliminating direct heat altogether for the next few months. I'll try to hold out til summer.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

diadall

You will be APL in no time. Well is it no time yet? Why must getting to APL be a beast. I feel like I have been trying for nearly 2 years. UGH!!!!

lamaria211

4b natural current Reggie wash n DC weekly with SM organic coconut and hibiscus curl and shine shampoo I have a few natura moisturizing condish, BWC moisturizing condish, Aubrey organics rose mosqueta nourishing condish.
Using a spray made from water, glycerin, aowc, and aloe juice
Sealing with my oil stash mostly wgo, and walnut oil.
I hope to be apl by June!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

ProtectiveStyling

Just took out my 11 week old sew in. I got great growth and so far my hair doesn't look damaged at all, but I haven't washed it yet either. This was my first sew in and I was really nervous about leaving it in that long... took me 4 hours to remove. On the other hand, I've finally made APL!!! :clap::woot::woot:
:grin::grin: :dance7:

Here's a couple of pics I just took after combing out all of the shed hairs. My hair is dry and in an afro state from the combing. Good luck ladies on finishing the challenge!!! im off to the 2012 BSL Challenge:cowgirl::auto:

Attachments

• 100_1869.jpg
    100_1869.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_1874.jpg
    100_1874.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_1870.jpg
    100_1870.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 96

faithVA

Just took out my 11 week old sew in. I got great growth and so far my hair doesn't look damaged at all, but I haven't washed it yet either. This was my first sew in and I was really nervous about leaving it in that long... took me 4 hours to remove. On the other hand, I've finally made APL!!! :clap::woot::woot:
:grin::grin: :dance7:

Here's a couple of pics I just took after combing out all of the shed hairs. My hair is dry and in an afro state from the combing. Good luck ladies on finishing the challenge!!! im off to the 2012 BSL Challenge:cowgirl::auto:

Congratulations... See you in the BSL Challenge

Krystle~Hime

your hair is so thick !!! congrats on making APL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was your first sew in, can I know your thoughts about this type of protective styling?? because I think you can not taking care of your ends while you wear a weaves right ??
do you also have a pic of the style ??

@
IndifinableJoli

Krystle~Hime

trying to do a mention v_v
IndifinableJoli*

by the way, I know i'm actually APL, but it doesn't matter for me to just "touch" the line, so i'm not claiming apl till I know if I can retain it or not(2010 and 2011 was year of setbacks for me :( ) we will see at end of year ! finger crooooss :'( :'(

ProtectiveStyling

your hair is so thick !!! congrats on making APL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was your first sew in, can I know your thoughts about this type of protective styling?? because I think you can not taking care of your ends while you wear a weaves right ??
do you also have a pic of the style ??

IndifinableJoli

Thanks you guys!
I actually enjoyed wearing the sew in. I was able to retain length better than I do with my twist outs. I did A LOT of research on hair forums and youtube so that I could take care of it properly. I pretty much washed my hair and the weave with a spray bottle every two weeks and then applied some leave in conditioner or braid spray to my hair. I kept it real simple because I didn't want my hair to mat or have product buildup.

When I first started to take my sew in down, my hair felt a little dry but the more I took down, the greasier my hands got. My hair was really soft and moisturized when I was finally done. I guess I did a pretty good job.

I attached 2 pics of my sew in. If you want to see more let me know & I say go for it!:yep:

Attachments

• 100_1394-1-1.jpg
    100_1394-1-1.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_1831-1.jpg
    100_1831-1.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 56

Incognitus

Thanks you guys!
I actually enjoyed wearing the sew in. I was able to retain length better than I do with my twist outs. I did A LOT of research on hair forums and youtube so that I could take care of it properly. I pretty much washed my hair and the weave with a spray bottle every two weeks and then applied some leave in conditioner or braid spray to my hair. I kept it real simple because I didn't want my hair to mat or have product buildup.

When I first started to take my sew in down, my hair felt a little dry but the more I took down, the greasier my hands got. My hair was really soft and moisturized when I was finally done. I guess I did a pretty good job.

I attached 2 pics of my sew in. If you want to see more let me know & I say go for it!:yep:

IndifinableJoli
Yup, I'd love to see more :yep:. Also, what kind of closure did you use, or did you leave some of your hair out?

ProtectiveStyling

@IndifinableJoli
Yup, I'd love to see more :yep:. Also, what kind of closure did you use, or did you leave some of your hair out?

I left a small piece of my hair out at the top so i can do a middle part & my side edges. Here's more pics, I hope this helps because I only take pics in my bathroom when bored lol. The hair look so natural and blends in well with mines. No one could tell the difference :grin:

Attachments

• 100_1651-2.jpg
    100_1651-2.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 100B1560-2.jpg
    100B1560-2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 100B1540-1.jpg
    100B1540-1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_1645-1.jpg
    100_1645-1.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I've been a lurker in this Challenge. I may have posted some months ago (May?) that I was grazing APL. My goal for 2011 was full and healthy APL. I am marking this date as the date that I reached that goal.

Janet'

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: to all the APL challengers who have reached jumped over that difficult hurdle!!! Onwards and upwards to BSB!!!!

CurlsBazillion

In your (all of you) professional LHCF opinion, Is this APL?

Attachments

• NOVlengthcheck.jpg
    NOVlengthcheck.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Monaleezza

I have officially hit APL. :yay::woot:
After nearly a year of sew ins I've reached my goal. I thought I took pics at the hairdresser, but my camera battery died and now it's already back in a sew in.:cry::cry: And I have no evidence of how well I've done. But... I will be on route to BSL for 2012.
It's good to see it actually works.

My method was sew ins. I kept them in for 12 weeks at a time and kept my hair clean and moisturised underneath.
It meant that I could style my sew in while protecting my hair, so I really felt as though I didn't miss out of the enjoyment of hair combing/stying, which many PSs don't offer.

I've enjoyed my year and I'm amazed at the results. Roll on BSL!:dance7:

Monaleezza

Actually I have this front shot, which doesn't give the full effect, but better than nothing.
IMG_0039_2.JPG
This is the effect after the removal of my sew in.:wiggle:

Last edited:

HauteHippie

Yaaaaaay! Look at ya'll! Congratulations to those which have made it to APL!!! Well done! And Congrats to all of us for embarking on this hair journey together! Taking it one inch at a time :)

g.lo

hey guys,

please tell me i have made Apl:grin:,. anyway i was not supposed to do a length check before end of dec, but i couldn't resist, y'all underdstand!!!
this is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life!!
at one point i thought it wasn't growing anymore, and when i trimmed about an inch in october, i was a bit discouraged and kinda loosing hope to reach APL by december. it seems like the past 3 weeks i had a growth spurt, the only thing i have change in my reggy, it's that i have been cowashing daily and i my hair and scalp love it!!
i was neck length in january, still stunned!!:blush:
sorry for the mucky mirror and quality of pictures, the check wasn't planned!
it was done on dry shrunken hair.

I am doing my happy dance, :dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::band2::band2::band2::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Attachments

• S1090009.jpg
    S1090009.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 70
  • S1090008.jpg
    S1090008.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

HauteHippie

^^^^^ yaaaay! Congratulations on reaching APL and obtaining your longest length ever! 2 milestones to be Bally about!

Charla

I have officially hit APL. :yay::woot:
After nearly a year of sew ins I've reached my goal. I thought I took pics at the hairdresser, but my camera battery died and now it's already back in a sew in.:cry::cry: And I have no evidence of how well I've done. But... I will be on route to BSL for 2012.
It's good to see it actually works.

My method was sew ins. I kept them in for 12 weeks at a time and kept my hair clean and moisturised underneath.
It meant that I could style my sew in while protecting my hair, so I really felt as though I didn't miss out of the enjoyment of hair combing/stying, which many PSs don't offer.

I've enjoyed my year and I'm amazed at the results. Roll on BSL!:dance7:

Monaleezza Congrats! Can you give details of how you moisturized and cleansed your hair and scalp with the sew-in? I've never had one before, but the thought of having my hair locked away for 12 weeks has me giddy!:lachen:

esi.adokowa

hey guys,

please tell me i have made Apl:grin:,. anyway i was not supposed to do a length check before end of dec, but i couldn't resist, y'all underdstand!!!
at one point i thought it wasn't growing anymore, and when i trimmed about an each in october, i was a bit discouraged and kinda loosing hope to reach APL by december. it seems like the past 3 weeks i had a growth spurge, the only thing i have change in my reggy, it's that i have been cowashing daily and i my hair and scalp love it!!

I am doing my happy dance, :dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::band2::band2::band2::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

from what I can see of your armpits, you look way past apl to me haha! :lick::grin: go on girl!

g.lo

^^^^^ yaaaay! Congratulations on reaching APL and obtaining your longest length ever! 2 milestones to be Bally about!

from what I can see of your armpits, you look way past apl to me haha! :lick::grin: go on girl!

g.lo Maybe I'm off, but based on your armpit and t-shirt line, it looks like you're basically bsl

thank you girls!!!
I took several pictures to make sure, because I am really stunned!!!!! my eyes are still popping! I still have to digest the fact that I have reached APL, but the thought of grazing BSL make my heart :bounceline: so hard!!
i will cowash later on and have my daughter to take the pic!!

really excited

indarican

hey guys,

at one point i thought it wasn't growing anymore, and when i trimmed about an each in october, i was a bit discouraged and kinda loosing hope to reach APL by december. it seems like the past 3 weeks i had a growth spurge, the only thing i have change in my reggy, it's that i have been cowashing daily and i my hair and scalp love it!!

Congrats!!!!... I have hope of making it to apl by december!!! im nl/sl now