2011 APL Challenge

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I am very close as well. Will measure my hair during my days off at the end of the month.

g.lo

g.lo I know this is a dumb question, but did you cut up the onion and garlic and then strain it a bit? Just wondering if you still get good results even if you strain it.

And the smell evaporates... right?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

HauteHippie, sorry just saw your post!
i used to just throw a garlic bulb and small onion , plus oil in a blender and then apply on my scalp and hair length. the smell is discussting and you have to rinse very well. here is a video where i am talking about the whole experience.
you can also ude a juicer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyfJWIWoF8

TruMe

Well, after my original post (544), I have made it to APL in the back. As my hair continues to grow, I guess I will also check the progress of the rest of my hair (my hair is in layers which I like). So, I will jump in the APL for 2012 for my hair in my crown and do BSL for the back. Yeah!!!

FYI, I did the BC in May so this is really about 7 months growth.

Attachments

• HairMay11ToDec11Length.jpg
    HairMay11ToDec11Length.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 60

BlkOnyx488

Wow we haven't even made it 7 days into 2012
and Graduates are poppin up like crazy.

Congratulations Ladies see you in the BSL 2012 thread!!!

ETA: Ha ha thought I was in the 2012 APL thread lawd have mercy I am going to bed:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

texasqt

2011 is going to be my year!!!
Here are my starting pics. I hope they are large enough.

1. Current Length: Right at collar bone when hair is brought forward. In back it's above my shoulder blades.

2. Current Regimen:
a. Shampooing once a month (Aphogee Mositurizing), DCing every week (Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive Oil), blowdrying (Nioxin Thermal Bliss & IC Straightening Serum) and flat iron weekly until Spring.
d. Nightly moisturizing with Bio something from Walgreens and sealing with Castor Oil or Hot Six Oil as well as oiling scalp with 3-4 times per week.

3. Other challenges:
Castor Oil
No Cutting

Sorry I'm late with the update. I edited my regimen above to show what I stuck with. My hair has been curled instead of straight for the length check. Got to straighten it tonight. Can I claim APL???

If not, I should be there in a few months :yay:

Imani

I didn't straighten for NYE like I had planned for a final length check. But here is where I was Nov 21 last time I straightened.

That was over a month ago so by now I figure I'm grazing or pretty close. Either way, I joined the APL 2012 challenge with a goal date of April 2012 bc thats the next time I will go to the salon and get it straightened.

I also started BSL 2012 even tho its kind of a long shot. :look:

Attachments

• Nov2011.jpg
    Nov2011.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 40

clairelynette

Although I'm late with my update photos here are my results from last year. I didn't do a final relaxer until near the end of January so I wasn't able to show my final photos "on time"; especially since I took these at the beginning of Feb and am just now gettting around to posting... The images on the left in each photo are from Jan-Feb of last year and the image on the right is from Jan-Feb of this year. I trimmed about half an inch to even out my ends a bit, though if you look closely you can tell that one side is still a bit longer than the other. Not quite APL (I think it takes a a bit more time when you have a long torso) but close enough to move on to my next goal of BSL or 20", or another 4-5", of hair overall. My hair has much more manageability, resiliency, fullness, and shine than it did just a year ago and I couldn't be happier with the drastic change that I was able to achieve by just being patient and following a simple routine.

It's been great fun seeing everyone's progress and I wish everyone continued success!

P.S
If you click on the thumbnails and the pictures still aren't large enough for you I also posted them on my profile page.

Attachments

• hariprogessfront11-12.jpg
    hariprogessfront11-12.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 33
  • hairprogresspony11-12.jpg
    hairprogresspony11-12.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 33
  • hair progress feb11feb12.jpg
    hair progress feb11feb12.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 40