2011 APL Challenge

g.lo

esi.adokowa and Incognitus, i had my daughter to take a picture, while i hold my hair! it looks that i have pass APL a tad bit!:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

ignore the t-shirt ( i am bad at designing) and my bad shoulder(right on pic) is so low, need to go back to physio:perplexed

Attachments

• S1100006.jpg
    S1100006.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 72
  • S1100010.jpg
    S1100010.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 75

ebsalita

g.lo

Well done and well done to all recent graduates! I'm doing okay - I think most of the hair is pretty much there, but I don't want to claim until I'm absolutely sure (ain't no one gonna give my results the side-eye) lol!

This is fantastic to see so many others making it though... for me, it was APL that really and truly meant having "long" hair. The funny thing is, I'm close but my hair doesn't feel long anymore, yet I've never had this much hair in my life! :ohwell::grin:

E x

g.lo

g.lo

Well done and well done to all recent graduates! I'm doing okay - I think most of the hair is pretty much there, but I don't want to claim until I'm absolutely sure (ain't no one gonna give my results the side-eye) lol!

This is fantastic to see so many others making it though... for me, it was APL that really and truly meant having "long" hair. The funny thing is, I'm close but my hair doesn't feel long anymore, yet I've never had this much hair in my life! :ohwell::grin:

E x

thanks, same here APL seems to short now!!!!:lol:

iri9109

my hair is finally starting to let me be great and approach APL lol...i need to do a length check in the back, but i think im starting to graze APL...ill check again at the end of the yr but i probably wont claim it until next year

g.lo

my hair is finally starting to let me be great and approach APL lol...i need to do a length check in the back, but i think im starting to graze APL...ill check again at the end of the yr but i probably wont claim it until next year

iri9109, your hair is gorgeous:lick:

Krystle~Hime

esi.adokowa and Incognitus, i had my daughter to take a picture, while i hold my hair! it looks that i have pass APL a tad bit!:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

ignore the t-shirt ( i am bad at designing) and my bad shoulder(right on pic) is so low, need to go back to physio:perplexed
g.lo
where do you think your growth is from ?? megatek? onion and garlic oil? it looks like more than 6 inches :blush: do you apply them only on your edges or on all your scalp ?

g.lo

g.lo
where do you think your growth is from ?? megatek? onion and garlic oil? it looks like more than 6 inches :blush: do you apply them only on your edges or on all your scalp ?

Thanks Krystle~Hime, i trimmed my hair in october a good inch because of thin looking ends and honestly didn't think that i will reach APL by end of dec.
i really believe that i had a growth spurt! the only difference i have made to my reggie is i started cowashing everyday since 1 of november!! i alternate between my BFH condish and Mill creek biotin condish! i baggy at night with no products! also i DC twice a week and add ayuverdic powders in my BFH condish (Bhrami, amla and Makka). I am wondering if it is the daily cowash, time will tell!

gaby

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

g.lo, okay thanks for sharing your regimen. back on megatek/onion/garlic, for how long did you use them??? from January to nox ? because your edges really look like my mom's edges so I want so details on it.
you are telling me about cowashing, but I don't think cowashing has its part in your growth spurt. (because IMO 1st role of conditioner is to conditioning hair and ends. not stimulating scalp )

Krystle~Hime

Alright ladies....here are the pics I promised a couple of weeks ago lol.

My stubborn underarm back-fat is throwing off the APL line (ya'll know what I'm talking about...:look:....:lachen:), but bump it. Ima go ahead and claim GRAZING APL!

Next Stop: Full APL - September 2011
bride91501
what are your progress since top of July ?? maybe Ive missed it.

g.lo

g.lo, okay thanks for sharing your regimen. back on megatek/onion/garlic, for how long did you use them??? from January to nox ? because your edges really look like my mom's edges so I want so details on it.
you are telling me about cowashing, but I don't think cowashing has its part in your growth spurt. (because IMO 1st role of conditioner is to conditioning hair and ends. not stimulating scalp )

Krystle~Hime , when i cowash i do apply on my scalp as well and massage!
regarding my edges, i suffered from post partum shedding dec last year. for 2 weeks i did use megatek (3 times a week), prepoo twice a week with olive oil mixed with garlic and onion (applied on scalp as well and that miracously cut the shedding), and the rest of the time i was massaging with castor oil mixed with peppermint, rosemary and lavender.
i dropped he megatek, because of the comment from my hubby and kids that i was using horse stuff ( still have a nearly full bottle lying somewhere). i attribute the growth of my edge by daily massage and the essential oil! later on i added garlic and onion essential oil and infused the oil with nettle, horsetail, burdock root, marshmallow and seaweed powder! i haven't used the mixture for over six months now (maybe should start again).
In the past when i was relaxed, my hairdresser used to tell me that my hair grows fast, and now i start to believe it! i read a very old thread here( if i can retrieve, will post), where a lady grew her hair to WL within a year by washing/cowashing daily, and i am trying to see if it works!
I want to try the sulfur badly!

hope this help!

HauteHippie

I think I've reached APL. Who gon check me, boo?!

I kid, I kid. But, really, I think I'm scraping APL and if I'm good, I'll still be scraping after my trim in Dec. I gotta admit, I was scared I wouldn't even get close around October after cutting off a few inches. It seemed like a good idea in the summertime. I felt kinda like I was walking around with a rat tail, though. But now I want about 2 of those inches back. Oh well.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

g.lo

@ HauteHippie!:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

well done !
I think I've reached APL. Who gon check me, boo?!

I kid, I kid. But, really, I think I'm scraping APL and if I'm good, I'll still be scraping after my trim in Dec. I gotta admit, I was scared I wouldn't even get close around October after cutting off a few inches. It seemed like a good idea in the summertime. I felt kinda like I was walking around with a rat tail, though. But now I want about 2 of those inches back. Oh well.

ATLcutey20

Well I relaxed my hair the day before Thanksgiving (11wks post). This will be my last length check for 2011 since I only do length checks when I relax. I'm barely grazing APL, but that's good enough for me. :look: I'm going to move on to BSL 2012. :grin:

RegaLady

@Krystle~Hime , when i cowash i do apply on my scalp as well and massage!
regarding my edges, i suffered from post partum shedding dec last year. for 2 weeks i did use megatek (3 times a week), prepoo twice a week with olive oil mixed with garlic and onion (applied on scalp as well and that miracously cut the shedding), and the rest of the time i was massaging with castor oil mixed with peppermint, rosemary and lavender.
i dropped he megatek, because of the comment from my hubby and kids that i was using horse stuff ( still have a nearly full bottle lying somewhere). i attribute the growth of my edge by daily massage and the essential oil! later on i added garlic and onion essential oil and infused the oil with nettle, horsetail, burdock root, marshmallow and seaweed powder! i haven't used the mixture for over six months now (maybe should start again).
In the past when i was relaxed, my hairdresser used to tell me that my hair grows fast, and now i start to believe it! i read a very old thread here( if i can retrieve, will post), where a lady grew her hair to WL within a year by washing/cowashing daily, and i am trying to see if it works!
I want to try the sulfur badly!

hope this help!
g.lo
I am suffering from this now and I hate it!:nono::nono::nono: I am three months post partum and my hair is coming out it clumps. What was the most effective thing that stopped shedding?

g.lo

g.lo
I am suffering from this now and I hate it!:nono::nono::nono: I am three months post partum and my hair is coming out it clumps. What was the most effective thing that stopped shedding?

Readyone, garlic and onions that what worked the most! i did notice a big change in the amount of hair i was shedding after just one treatment.
i prepoo with a mixture of olive oil blended with fresh Garlic and onion for about an hour than rinse. i did that 2-3 times a week.
on on a daily basis i was massaging my edges with castor oil (regular one) mixed with peppermint and rosemary essential oil!

hope this help!

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Congrats to everyone who made it to APL this year! :congrats: :congrats:

I doubt my hair has grown much since my length check back in mid-November so I didn't make it to APL this year. Will probably make it around March. Onto BSL 2012!

tasha5951

Hi Ladies....

Latest Update :)

I flat ironed my hair 2 days ago. I did it myself so it's not a great flat iron job but it'll do. This is probably the last time I'll be flat ironing this year because I'm going to get my "winter sew-in" installed sometime during Christmas week.

Below are my progress pics From January & April... I'll post my pics from June and Novemer in a window below this one. My hair tends to grow then thicken, grow, then thicken...I think it just left a thickening stage and is (hopefully) moving on to some more growth.

Onto BSL!

Attachments

• Pic 1B HHJ Jan 1- 2011.jpg
    Pic 1B HHJ Jan 1- 2011.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 43
  • HHJ Pic 1 Jan 1st-2011.jpg
    HHJ Pic 1 Jan 1st-2011.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 33
  • April 23 2011 back of hair.jpg
    April 23 2011 back of hair.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 41
  • April 23 2011 front of hair.jpg
    April 23 2011 front of hair.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 32

tasha5951

Ok, here are pics from June & 2 Days ago [11/28/11]

Attachments

• P6300378.jpg
    P6300378.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 37
  • P6300380.jpg
    P6300380.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 40
  • hair2B.jpg
    hair2B.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 34
  • hair1B.jpg
    hair1B.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 37
  • hair3B.jpg
    hair3B.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 36

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hello Ladies :grin:! Well I did a length check after removing my curlformers and it appears to be APL :grin:! Now on to BSB cuz BSL is so far away since I have a long torso :lol:!

Attachments

• APL.jpg
    APL.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 40

OhTall1

So close! Here are my progress pictures for this year. A few hairs in the center look like they're close to APL, but the rest of them have a lot of catching up to do! :lol:

Attachments

• growth as of dec2010.jpg
    growth as of dec2010.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 29
  • growth as of feb2011.jpg
    growth as of feb2011.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 29
  • growth as of dec2011.jpg
    growth as of dec2011.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 38

HauteHippie

garlic and onions that what worked the most! i did notice a big change in the amount of hair i was shedding after just one treatment.
i prepoo with a mixture of olive oil blended with fresh Garlic and onion for about an hour than rinse. i did that 2-3 times a week.
on on a daily basis i was massaging my edges with castor oil (regular one) mixed with peppermint and rosemary essential oil!

hope this help!

g.lo I know this is a dumb question, but did you cut up the onion and garlic and then strain it a bit? Just wondering if you still get good results even if you strain it.

And the smell evaporates... right?