2014 Deep Condition Challenge

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Doing a DC overnight with MyHoneyChild Olive You DC. It has great slip, but it smells like perfume mixed with nail polish remover.

I thought mine went bad, but someone mentioned the smell in a YouTube review. I may have to let it go.

NaturallyATLPCH

DCed with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab under Hot Head

I hate that I have to reheat it. I really want a soft bonnet dryer so I can get some constant heat.

FemmeFatale

I'm going on a weave hiatus for the next 4 months, I just got a touchup and I just feel like it's the season to really nourish my strands instead of hiding it behind weaves most of the time. So I have a list of deep conditioners and I'm just trying to figure out a schedule for them since it's been a while since I've taken a long break.

Protein Reconstructor- Joico Kpak, my hair flourishes with this stuff
Moisturizing Deep Conditioner- ORS Replenishing Pak
Balanced (?) Deep Conditioner- SheaMoisture JBCO Hair Mask

LaBelleLL

I'm going on a weave hiatus for the next 4 months, I just got a touchup and I just feel like it's the season to really nourish my strands instead of hiding it behind weaves most of the time. So I have a list of deep conditioners and I'm just trying to figure out a schedule for them since it's been a while since I've taken a long break. Protein Reconstructor- Joico Kpak, my hair flourishes with this stuff Moisturizing Deep Conditioner- ORS Replenishing Pak Balanced (?) Deep Conditioner- SheaMoisture JBCO Hair Mask

FemmeFatale where do you get your weaves done? Have you been able to retain length and grow your hair long with use of weaves?

nmartin20

Prepooed with SM Purification Masque and Shescentit's Coconut Sorbet (during On the Run Tour). Forgot to wash my hair (cray, cray). Overnight deep conditioned with LACE Brahmi Root Hair Masque (this stuff is super, super thick.. provides great slip, light scent. I was able to detangle after washing this easily). Oiled my scalp with Hairveda's Almond Glaze...styled with LACE's Silky Aloe Curl Pudding and More Moisture Cream). Placed my hair in several medium twists. Great second use of LACE products!!

FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale where do you get your weaves done? Have you been able to retain length and grow your hair long with use of weaves?

LaBelleLL

My girlfriend does mine and I love it. I've been able to retain a good amount of length with the weaves, just as long as I don't keep it in for over 12 weeks or I risk matting/breakage. I'm grazing at MBL and I do feel like giving my hair lots of TLC this final quarter will take me there. Plus I also don't want weaves to become a crutch.

kupenda

Dc'd on clean hair overnight with camellia oil under Shea Moisture Manuka Honey dc. Hair is chunky twists. Will baggy while im getting stuff sone around the house. My hair was feeling neglected after that run in with Kinky Curky

ILuvCurls

After reading a few LHCF threads I'm experimenting with adding yogurt to my DC. It's supposed to add softness & manageability. I have a tub of Greek yogurt that I need to use up quickly, so I'm trying different combinations & will report back with my results.

Rozlewis

Dc'ing with Komaza Care Olive Moisture Mask, Porosity Control, Safflower oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus.

nmartin20

DC with LACE conditioner for about 2 hours. Now I'm setting under my steamer for 45 minutes. It's has Ben awhile since I've steamed.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im doing a protein treatment today with Nexxus Emergencee then I will follow up with Silk Elememts Mega Moisture dc. I am going to wash/condition in my braids. It is too time consuming to unbraid, detangle, wash, rebraid, etc.

xu93texas

I CW with SSI Blueberry cowash conditioner. I did a protein treatment with SSI Fortifying Masque and following up with SSI Riche Moisture Masque for 30 minutes under dryer.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

nmartin20

I CW with SSI Blueberry cowash conditioner. I did a protein treatment with SSI Fortifying Masque and following up with SSI Riche Moisture Masque for 30 minutes under dryer. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

How did your hair feel after this combination? I'm planning to use the same products soon. Thanks in advance!!

xu93texas

. How did your hair feel after this combination? I'm planning to use the same products soon. Thanks in advance!!

So far so good. My hair is soft and it was easy to detangle. I really didn't have any shedding/breakage even though I'm 3 months post. I wasn't able to follow my usual routine. I had to let it air dry b/c our power went out. I usually blow dry and wear two Celie braids under my wigs. I also used the Coco Creme leave in ( not a huge fan of this b/c it's not moisturizing to my hair)

I will be using this combo for the next few weeks and will be able to give a better review.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Last DC was 2 weeks ago, geez!

DCing with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque right now before I go back into hiding for 4 weeks plus+.