2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

VictoriousBrownFlower

I heard kiss my face upper management gel changed formulas and had to try the new one. Last time I was natural this gel was holy grail status so I was hoping the reformulation didn't change that. This is first day hair after putting it in a pineapple for a few hrs and refreshing with my q redew.

What I like about this gel is I don't have to be cautous about how much I use. With eco styler the results aren't consistant. I can have a great full wash and go one time and the next time a sparse limp one. This is my second time using the kiss my face and the results are the same as the first.

So it looks like this gel is still holy grail status. My hair and me are happy.

gemruby41

Starting length: Bsb
Goal month: Bsl by April, Mbl by December
Inches from Bsl/Mbl: 3-4 inches
Regimen: I shampoo every week or 2 with Cream of Nature detangling shampoo. Afterwards I use a Kerastase mask for 5 minutes. Garnier Sleek and shine cream is my leave in, moisturizer and heat protectant. I plan on straightening my hair twice a month on low heat with my wet/dry flatiron. I trim once a season on a beneficial day based on Morrocco Method.

Starting pic below
Do you use all your Kerastase masks for 5 minutes or do you somtimes go longer?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Do you use all your Kerastase masks for 5 minutes or do you somtimes go longer?
If I wash my hair in the sink I use the mask for 20 minutes with heat, but sink washing hurts my neck. Usually I wash it in the shower and use the mask for 5-10 minutes. The results are great either way.

trclemons

Starting length: APL

Goal month: December 2016

Inches from Bsl/Mbl: BSL (2.5 inches) & MBL (4.5 inches).

Regimen: LCO, massage scalp & baggy overnight daily; PrePoo DC & CW on Tuesdays; Alternate between PrePoo DC & CW and Oil PrePoo & Shampoo on Saturdays; Invert 1 week/month.

Starting pic: Will update when I take my hair down on Saturday.

Last edited:

fifigirl

I'm in!!!!
Starting length: Armpit Length
Goal month: July?
Inches from Bsl/Mbl: I refuse to get anal anymore about my hair so not measuring the inches anymore
Regimen: Prepooing, shampooing, deep conditioning and adding additional treatments like honey, olive oil, yogurt etc, inversions once a month, green house effect 3-5x a week, use mn/sulphur oil mix at least every other day, daily scalp massages, protective styling with braids or cornrows to be carried at least 4 -6 weeks
Starting pic: Hope this suffices as i really haven't gotten around to taking pictures of my hair

Attachments

• length.jpg
    length.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 82

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Challenger List:
Fifigirl
Froreal3
Nightingale
PianoTiles
Stephshe
Caramel74
Bronxjazzy
ClassyJSP
Ms.Tatiana
Morgandenae
Daina
Gemruby41
Trclemons
Prettymetty
SouthernStunner
Ivr
Geekyjade
Godyssey
Ethansmama
Aggie
Itsjusthair88
Scorpiolove
Sharifeh
Beauti
Karlajamaica
Mjon912

Last edited:

fifigirl

Your hair is the same length as mine @fifigirl. It's apl in front and bsb in the back.

Are you still transitioning?
I am trying to transition.....cut my hair at the back so it's apl at the back now,been braiding my hair so i don't dwell much on it as i need it to grow back asap. But i'm getting bored....I just like to see my hair straight, so thinking of exploring roller sets.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am trying to transition.....cut my hair at the back so it's apl at the back now,been braiding my hair so i don't dwell much on it as i need it to grow back asap. But i'm getting bored....I just like to see my hair straight, so thinking of exploring roller sets.
Or you could airdy in plaits/braids and lightly flatiron every couple weeks.

I bet your hair would look great with a caruso steam rollerset.

fifigirl

Or you could airdy in plaits/braids and lightly flatiron every couple weeks.

I bet your hair would look great with a caruso steam rollerset.
Amusingly i have those things at the back of my wardrobe, i have only used them twice..........I think i will try air drying in braids and then lightly flat iron...sounds like the lazy girls guide to straight hair

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Washed my hair with Redken Cleansing Cream. It's definitely not as stripping as shampoo can be, especially for a clarifier, so I like it. I also used Redken scalp exfoliator. Not sure if it did anything, but scalp and hair feel good. Still taking this Manetabolism, but I added the B-complex because I noticed increased shedding last week. I am still drinking protein and keeping up with my protein treatments. My hair is in twists right now that I hope to last two weeks. I did a quick lc of my nape and its about 11 inches, so I think it grew some from my previous small trim in October. If I can get another inch by March, I'll be very happy.

fifigirl

Here is a side view of today's flatiron. I used 375 degrees and Frizz ease straight fixation cream. My technique is improving!
Your hair's looking good!!! Cant wait to take my braids out in february and have hair straightened.

In meantime i washed my braids by spraying ACV + water mix on my scalp...Massaged it in and then kept it in for 30 mins before rinsing it out and then i deep conditioned with my creme of nature intensive conditioner. Kept it on for over an hour whilst i exercised and then rinsed out....airdried during the day and in the evening sealed hair with my shea butter mix....I have become so used to washing and dcing in my braids that it feels so easy. My scalp feels so good and i just massaged my castor oil/sesame oil /peppermint and Rosemary oil+ MN mix into my scalp...i'm on Day 6 of Inversions

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Starting Length: Barley APL
Goal Month: Dec 2016 Full BSL
Inches from BSL/MBL: 5.5 inches from BSL
Regimen: Back to back weaves for the year. Co-wash 1x per week, co-wash and dc 1x per week. Oil leave into braids every other day. Shampoo 1x per month. Hairburst vitamins every morning.
Starting Pic: Will post after next install 16 Jan. 2016