2016 Coffee Tea Acv Avj Ayurvedic Clay Powders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

meka72

I'm in! I will be using various teas under deep conditioners. I also have Claudie's hair tea spritz that I will use from time to time.

I'll also be using ACV rinses or AV gel at the end of my wash day regimen.

Off to make something for this weekend's wash day.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I did a Burdock Root Tea Rinse yesterday and it was quite lovely.

Normally I've been mixing Burdock Root, Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm, but this time I tried the Burdock Root by itself and was quite pleased.

Next time, I'll do the Marshmallow Root and/or Slippery Elm alone and test the results using each of them individually, instead of mixing them.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I cleansed with a cocoa & rhassoul clay bar from Bobeam. I also dc'd with the Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Hair Mask from J. Monique's Naturals. Additionally I cowashed with Honey's Honeymade Knot In My Fro Joe.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
OK...I'm sold on green tea rinses. Usually, hair is all over my body and hands as I cleanse and style. But I experienced very little shedding yesterday, and I've been using it for less than a month. Hopefully it's also stimulating growth, but less shedding is enough of a reason to keep using it.

Yesterday's sodium bentonite/coconut water mix was so creamy and my strands loved it.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
OK...I'm sold on green tea rinses. Usually, hair is all over my body and hands as I cleanse and style. But I experienced very little shedding yesterday, and I've been using it for less than a month. Hopefully it's also stimulating growth, but less shedding is enough of a reason to keep using it.

Yesterday's sodium bentonite/coconut water mix was so creamy and my strands loved it.

I'm going to switch to green tea once i use all my black tea. how many bags do u use. and what brand? i'm trying to slow my shedding down

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I'm going to switch to green tea once i use all my black tea. how many bags do u use. and what brand? i'm trying to slow my shedding down
I will update when I get home and can check. I know I use Celestial Seasonings and Bigelow (one bag each), but both brands have several green teas.

They are both caffeinated because I read somewhere that the caffeinated tea had something the decaf did not (or more of it).

imaginary

I've been slacking, but in 2016 I plan to use bentonite clay, rhassoul clay, my DIY cassia oil, my DIY coffee oil, my DIY horsetail oil, AVJ, ACV (for my scalp), henna and the mountainroseherbs pre-mixed hendigo. I'll be doing this inbetween box braid installations, but I'm not sure how often I'll be doing these.

cravoecanela

Has anyone ever used orange peel powder on their hair? I use it regularly for my skin (to clear up pimples) and I've heard that it can be used to soften hair. I might put a few spoons in my conditioner the next time I wash my hair.

25Nona

I would like to join.....I just recently got back serious about my journey, after quite a few set backs I am back to doing what worked from me before and Tea rinses was on of them.

claud-uk

did my black tea rinse. once i finish up this box i might try green tea to see if it's better for shedding

I'm not part of this challenge (yet) but I did read that green tea is better as black is quite strong? and too much can tip the balance, causing further shedding. Personally I now avoid black tea on the scalp. I will provide the source when I find it in my bookmarks.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey!!!!! I vow to be back I was just shy about joining and falling off the wagon.
Ahh what the hay count me in:toocool: so I'm brewing a mix of hibiscus, nettle, burdock rosemary and triphala for my cowash tonight
:D

@Nix08

:welcome: Girl...You were one of the Original Members......We Got You!

I would like to join.....I just recently got back serious about my journey, after quite a few set backs I am back to doing what worked from me before and Tea rinses was on of them.

@25Nona

:welcome4: We're Happy to Have You!

I'm not part of this challenge (yet) but I did read that green tea is better as black is quite strong? and too much can tip the balance, causing further shedding. Personally I now avoid black tea on the scalp. I will provide the source when I find it in my bookmarks.

@claud-uk
So are you Joining?:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.