2018 February What Did You Buy This Week?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Belle Bar X CurlyProverbz
•Green Tea Rinse (biggest bundle)
•Fenugreek Growth Oil (3)

Mane N Choice
•Ancient Egyptian 24K Gold Twisting Gel

Sally Beauty
•A bunch of pretty headbands
fishnet cap (faster 2 strand twist drying)

I'm not familiar with this. How does it work? Please forgive my ignorance, but do you use it under a dryer? For air drying? And how does it speed up drying? TIA!

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I'm not familiar with this. How does it work? Please forgive my ignorance, but do you use it under a dryer? For air drying? And how does it speed up drying? TIA!

Pics of Hairscapades.... when I flat twist my soaking wet hair.... I put a scarf on to lay down my hairs and to flat my roots and 99% of the time, my hair is never dry. Hairscapades uses a mesh cap to allow more air to enter and dry her hair while keeping her edges laid and roots flat. Even while she works out.

3F4C41AD-3112-4811-A913-C524FBF3E3AD.jpeg D2EACCBA-A21D-47F7-9DB5-9B3E16C3F954.jpeg

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Pics of Hairscapades.... when I flat twist my soaking wet hair.... I put a scarf on to lay down my hairs and to flat my roots and 99% of the time, my hair is never dry. Hairscapades uses a mesh cap to allow more air to enter and dry her hair while keeping her edges laid and roots flat. Even while she works out.

View attachment 425639 View attachment 425641

Aha! Makes sense. Thanks!

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
No hair related purchases today.

I think I’m done for at least 3 months *fingers crossed*. I have enough Belle Bar X Curly Proverbz Green Tea & Growth Oil to last me to get to BSL. Other than maybe running out of conditioner. I’m sticking to my ayurvedic regimen. I got a few cheap headbands off eBay, metallic, etc to help jazz up my protective styles. I’m staying out this thread.

Aggie

I think I’m done for at least 3 months *fingers crossed*. I have enough Belle Bar X Curly Proverbz Green Tea & Growth Oil to last me to get to BSL. Other than maybe running out of conditioner. I’m sticking to my ayurvedic regimen. I got a few cheap headbands off eBay, metallic, etc to help jazz up my protective styles. I’m staying out this thread.
I can't 100% say the same thing but I will only be repurchasing staples for now - nothing new.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I can't 100% say the same thing but I will only be repurchasing staples for now - nothing new.

I haven't been purchasing, but it's because my stash has finally reached a point where it doesn't make sense to purchase something instead of using something I already have.

However, once I get some empties, I plan to try a couple of new-to-me things:
  • Natur-all avocado DC
  • SM manuka honey hard hold gel (because I love the scent)
  • SM manuka honey and yogurt DC (to see if it helps with hydrating and strengthening my ends)
  • Curl Origin twisting cream (to see if it helps my twist outs last longer)
  • a Curl Origin DC (I've never used such ingredients, and so this DC is worth trying)