2019 Coffee Clay Chebe Onion Rice Tea Ayurv Acv Avj Challenge

Aggie

Well I didn't henna my hair this weekend like I wanted to because of all the family stuff that's been going on so I put my henna in the freezer and will defrost it on Friday morning and let it sit in my window for a day and a half to warm up naturally.

Will sleep with it on Saturday night and wash it out Sunday morning before church. I will finish my hair regimen after church.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Mixed HennaSooq Red Raj henna + some aloe Vera powder with chamomile lavender tea. Let sit ~4 hours. Applied to my hair and my mom hair for 3 hours before rinsing foreverrrrr. My least favorite thing about the henna process. My moms grays are fiery red which was kinda cool to see. (Previously henna hardly ever showed any color on my hair except a slight tint in the sun) Of course she was a lil nervous but I assured her the indigo we do tomorrow will cover to black. Fingers crossed!

Now I’m tired and going to bed. 2 step is a process! lol

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Used Minimalist Beauty's green tea cleansing rinse to wash (forgot how much I liked this recipe). Followed up with AVJ and ayurvedic shea.

Had to look this up. She’s one of my fav bloggers been following a long time. The reason I started mixing my henna w coconut milk ( love!) happy to see she’s back and already inspiring me to add in linen to my life

water_n_oil

Oh yeah, absolutely! I never wash it out. I just pour it on, let my hair dry, then slap on my wig after getting fully dressed for work.

By then, it's just damp but dries completely in about an hour and a half to 2 hours. I live in the Bahamas so my hair dries fairly quickly from the warm/hot air down here.
Ooo, what kind of herbs? I was thinking of incorporating a tea rinse but I couldn't find ones/recipes that people leave in. I sometimes leave in my acv but it'd be kind of redundant with my diy cleansers.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Mixed HennaSooq Red Raj henna + some aloe Vera powder with chamomile lavender tea. Let sit ~4 hours. Applied to my hair and my mom hair for 3 hours before rinsing foreverrrrr. My least favorite thing about the henna process. My moms grays are fiery red which was kinda cool to see. (Previously henna hardly ever showed any color on my hair except a slight tint in the sun) Of course she was a lil nervous but I assured her the indigo we do tomorrow will cover to black. Fingers crossed!

Now I’m tired and going to bed. 2 step is a process! lol

After henna I did not DC (so hard to resist!) lightly dried with a towel and pulled back into a bun to wear for the day. It felt almost naked going out with no product and my hair was definitely super dry by the end of the day. After work I did a quick cowash and applied HennaSooq Organic Indigo + Aloe Vera Powder + a sprinkle of salt. I was starting to run out a little toward the end but I think 100 grams is good for now as long as I don’t apply too much too thickly (like I did with the first section – that section would not stopped dripping even after wrapping it up). I cowashed with a cheapie natural conditioner from TJ Maxx and again resisting the urge to DC or use oils, I applied KCKT and two strand twisted to help retain length as the color sets over the next few days. Probably rock a twist out for the weekend and do my regular wash routine on Sunday or Monday.

My hair is so wonderfully dark. I love it. I didn’t even realize how much I missed it (my hair is naturally quite dark). I’m also to get thicker hair and less breakage/shedding from this. I think using natural products, herbs, and oils is going to completely transform my hair. So excited!

But ladies that was a process. Never will I do two heads at the same time after a full day of work again. I was so tired lol

Good news: my mom is happy with her gray coverage && I am loving how my hair is sooo dark and (surprisingly) shiny.

Aggie

Ooo, what kind of herbs? I was thinking of incorporating a tea rinse but I couldn't find ones/recipes that people leave in. I sometimes leave in my acv but it'd be kind of redundant with my diy cleansers.
I've got a ton of herbs that I use. Among them are:

Rosemary leaves
Nettle leaves
Sage leaves
Black Tea
Green Tea
Lavender
Calendula flowers
Burdock
Fenugreek
Hibiscus Powder
Hops
Horsetail/Shavegrass leaves
Thyme
Slippery Elm
Marshmallow leaves and root
Rosehips
Raspberry leaves

I think this is all I have but not sure. It's a place to start.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

Here is one "recipe" I used to make a DIY version of Curly Proverbz hair tea :

INGREDIENTS
Lavender - balance natural oil production on scalp/ strength new hair growth
Green Tea - boost hair growth/prevent dry scalp
Black Tea - increase thickness of hair/stimulate hair growth/reduce shedding/ add shine and softens hair
Calendula - moisturizes and restore strands/ increase collagen production and circulation in hair follicles
Chamomile - natural moisturizer/ promotes growth/ soothes/ rids dry scalp/conditions/ add shine/brighten hair natural hair color
Comfrey - prevent dryness and stimulate hair growth and scalp
Sage - shine/ luster/promotes new hair growth/conditions hair
Red Clover - maintains elasticity / stimulate blood flow in the scalp
Hops - adds shine and luster/ rids dry scalp/ reduce hair fall/strength
All organic. All Pure.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Here is the list of my favorite herbs/powders & what I'll be using:

*Herbal Tea: (Horsetail, Stinging Nettle, Oatstraw, Rosehips, Burdock Root, Fenugreek Seeds & Rosemary) I make a huge pot when I make it, so that way I can decrease the amount of times I have to make it. I usually boil 1/4 cup of herbs in 64 ounces of water for 5 minutes (due to the roots/seeds) then cover and allow to steep overnight.

I mix some of the Herbal Tea in an Ayurvedic Balancing Powder Pack Pack. The powders are:
(Henna, Bhringraj, Fenugreek, Amla, Coconut Milk, Banana, Aloe Vera, Guava Fruit & Honey)

*My goal is to do this every other wash to keep my hair balanced with hydration/strength...so every 4 to 6 weeks.

I hate indigo but I still use it once or twice a year to touch up my roots. (It dries my hair out something fierce so I have to go on a moisture binge for a week or two after using it) I still use it though because store bought color causes my allergies to flare up.

I use the Herbal Tea as a base for my Tea & Shea Conditioner. (Herbal Tea, Shea Butter & BTMS 50)
*I'm using the conditioner as a DC and a leave in

*I use Herbal or Ayurvedic Infused Whipped Shea Butter. I just cracked open one that was infused with Fenugreek & Mustard Seeds. Scented in Coconut Milk Lavender Fragrance.

I'm not big on using Oils. I will every now and then if my scalp gets dry but I mostly infuse oils to whip in my Shea Butter mixes. I have an Amla Oil, Fenugreek Oil, Bhringraj Oil and something else I can remember :lachen: infusing at the moment.

water_n_oil

Prepping a fenugreek and mint deep conditioner for tomorrow. Not really time to wash my hair yet but I'm terrible at resisting a wash day when I'm trying something new.

EDIT: Added fresh sage too.

EDIT2: Well, consistency fail, but let's hope the performance is good anyway.

Last edited: