Im in
Current hair length
SL land

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural

APL goal month
Don't know just trying to get there before 2013

Current Reggie and styling choices
1x Prepoo with vatika oil and tresseme:luv2:. Wash with chagrin valley soap, oil rinse and deep condition with either giovanni or alter ego mixed with wheatgerm oil. My leave in is kckt. I twist it up and wear a wig. I'm bad at moisturizing which i need to get back too and i just purchased a steamer.

tiredbeauty

Yay! My first official LHCF challenge!!!:woot::woot:

~Current hair length
I was NL in July so by Dec I hope to be SL

~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Texlaxed

~APL goal month
Gosh, I dunno. Hopefully by summer 2012, I'm not sure about how much I retain a month, I texlax every 6 months

~Current Reggie and styling choices
My reggie is quite simple: co-wash on Wed, DC overnight fri- into Sat, apply leave-in, use my sulfur mix every other day and I'm keeping my hair twisted up (personal HYH challenge). I'm currently only rocking flat 2 strand twists and twist outs occasionally

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
I started taking spirulina and chlorophyll daily, drinking Nettle tea and GHE overnight :grin:

~Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• IMGP3883_1.jpg
    IMGP3883_1.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

kupenda

Saving my spot! I'm in a place where I can't take pics but I'll be back soon! Can't wait to be APL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MaintaintheSexy

OMG I AM HAPPY TO BE HERE!!!!!!!!! LOL :lol: :lol:

I've come a long way since doing a big chop in 2010. I expected to be close to APL by now but I've had a few minor setbacks considering that I am a newly natural and was unaware on how to care for my hair. But I've learned thanks to LHCF. My scalp was extremely dry for so long but I finally remedied the issue 3 weeks ago when I did a protein treatment. So now that I am equipped with a healthy scalp, I know my hair will flourish. With that said.....

~Current hair length
SHOULDER LENGTH
NATURAL
~APL goal month
JULY (MY BIRTHDAY) :grin:
WEEKLY WASH WITH ELASTA QP CREME CONDITIONING SHAMPOO or CREAM OF NATURE EXFOLIATING SHAMPOO
DC UNDER HOODED DRYER WITH BONE MARROW CONDITIONER OR TRESEMME NATURAL NOURISHING CONDITIONER
CO WASH WITH SUAVE CONDITIONERS 4-5xs A WEEK
MOISTURE AND SEAL WITH S CURL AND CASTOR OIL
APHOGEE TWO STEP PROTEIN (MONTHLY)
I USE MEGA TEK AND MTG HERE & THERE
MY HAIR IS BRAIDED IN A CIRCLE UNDER MY HANDMADE WIG

NO PLAN CHANGES, JUST WANT TO REMAIN CONSISTENT WITH MY REGGIE
WILL POST LATER...IM SORRY :sad:

Last edited:

gforceroy

ADD ME!! :drunk: First challenge!
~Current hair length

longest layer cbl
Natural
~APL goal month
December 2012 ( hopefully before.....)
Weekly wash with Terressentials organic hair wash
R&B on ends and flat twist..
Nothing really...
soon......

tiredbeauty

And the list keeps going!!!

Question for the ladies: will APL be the longest your hair has ever been or is this a milestone you are revisiting??

It will be the longet my hair has EVER been and I just want to be there already! I keep telling myself that once I'm at APL it'll be easier to be patient for the other lengths :grin: My goal is MBL in a twist out so WL straight.

Charla

~Current hair length past SL
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd- Relaxed
~APL goal month Feb-March
~Current Reggie and styling choices wash/dc weekly, moisturize/seal daily roller set
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? roller setting my hair and when it gets longer maybe try bunning
~Post a beginning picture will be doing that tonight

oooh, you look so close to APL!

diadall

Thanks NikkiQ for starting this challenge again.

Current hair length
SL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural

APL goal month
Summer 2012

Current Reggie and styling choices
I wash/blowdry once a week and and use steam rollers each morning

Post a beginning picture
Forthcoming

Charla

Hey chicas!!! You knew I couldn't stay away for long! I can't click the thanks button from my phone but I'll be sure to get to it as soon as I get on my PC....anywho....

Length: SL

Goal month: March 2012 (hoping my next trim isn't too traumatic)

Current reggie: Stretch relaxers from 9-13 weeks (yeah I know, 9 isn't much of a stretch to some of you ladies), wash & DC once a week w/ Shea Moisture, utilize light protein treatments every other week, co-wash once a week (V05), Giovanni Direct Leave-in w/ added silk protein after all washes, use steamer as needed, moisturize & seal almost daily, bun @ least 5 days a week (have to for work anyway)

Changing reggie? I did henna glosses a few times already & liked it so I think I may make that a regular part of my reggie. My only issue was I apparently have problems washing it completely out. Ugh! Also, I think I am also going to get a sew in for a couple of winter months as a PS. I won't make the same mistake I did last time and be a serial weaver though...I'll be sure to give my hair a break after my install.

Pics: taken after my last relaxer about 3 wks ago...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Wow! So close and your hair is really thick!

Charla

Question for the ladies: will APL be the longest your hair has ever been or is this a milestone you are revisiting??

APL will be my longest length as an adult. As a child I had really long ponytails! So here I am at age 35 and have never been longer than SL! And I thought it just must not be possible for me, and I accepted it! Sooooo glad I know better now!

I'm so hyped about this challenge!:spinning:

Last edited:

transitioning?

Starting pic please excuse the bootleg length shirt. I'm still looking for one that I like.
uploadfromtaptalk1320191107118.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Dominicanatural

~Current hair length: Layered shoulder length (so, basically neck length)

~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

~APL goal month: December 2012--I'm tall, so I have got a lot of inches to go

~Current Reggie and styling choices: Wash 2x a month with Giovanni 50:50 Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo, Co-wash 2x a week with Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner or Giovanni Tea Tree, Deep Condition 1x a week with Aubrey Organics White Camellia (dry dc overnight), KCKT as my leave in, Oyin Shine and Define for Twist Outs/Braid Outs.

Less manipulation. I have my hands in my hair at least twice a day. I want to perfect my low-manipulation styles and figure out ways to maintain them.

~Post a beginning picture: Attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0009_2.jpg
    IMG_0009_2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

allmundjoi

~Current hair length
~APL goal month

1. Current length- SL
2. Natural
3. APL Length Month-Februrary 2011
4. Current reggie-twists, twist n curls. Cowashing 1-2x/wk. Moisturize and seal nightly or every 1-3 days with SMCES, QB AOHC, QB BRBC, QB OHHB and seal with castor oil/hemp seed oil/wheat germ oil.
5. I plan on manipulating my hair less. Cowashing and washing less as well. It is getting cooler outside.

skraprchik

:yep: For me it will be the longest it's ever been that I remember. I'm one of those SL and no further folks.

NikkiQ

After looking at some of these starting pictures...you guys are gonna be APL sooner than you think!!

Once I get back to a comp,I'm going to add all the new challengers.

How does everyone feel about the guidelines? Would anyone like to voice any opinions on changes that should be made? Maybe add length check/update schedule?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
~Current hair length
SL, took one braid down and I'm 3inches from APL

Natural

~APL goal month
Crossing my fingers that it will happen in April

Rinse my hair with distilled water every night, seal with natural oils.
Cowash once a week and wash biweekly. I will be in braids from now until may, then I may do a kinky weave for the summer. Hardcore Protective Styles

I want to see if I can stay away from combing my hair as much as possible. Hopefully the braids will help with that. Absolutely no heat. Up my vitamin reggie

Will post a pix at the end of the year:look:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
~Current hair length: SL

~APL goal month: Oct 2012 (two years after my last relaxer)

~Current Reggie and styling choices: Currently, I wash and deep condition my hair once a week. I moisturize with my Kimmaytube leave-in every other day or so. My styling choices are primarily two strand twists, buns (on straightened hair), and braid/twist outs.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? I plan to straighten my hair less often and to use a steamer for deep conditioning.

~Post a beginning picture: I will post one before the challenge begins :yep:

blckrose, how do you like Kimmay leave-in and can i get the recipe? TIA

newnyer

After looking at some of these starting pictures...you guys are gonna be APL sooner than you think!!

How does everyone feel about the guidelines? Would anyone like to voice any opinions on changes that should be made? Maybe add length check/update schedule?

I would just say length check pics on your goal date. For me at least- you ladies are my main source of length confirmation (and encouragement!). This will also prevent folks from holding out on us. Lol

newnyer

Wow! So close and your hair is really thick!

Thanks for the boost hon!! I feel like I've been waiting for a pot of water to boil but I think hiding it for a bit will help with that. Let's do this Charla!! And that "thick" compliment--whoo hoo THANK YOU!!!!!- although I think that's more of an optical illusion from my camera angle. Lol. My hair is really fine/low density so I always feel like it's SO thin. (But we are our own worst critic). Btw ladies- would you say blunt cuts, u-shapes or layers help more w/ the "thickness" illusion? Don't plan on cutting into a style until I'm well into APL...but just curious.

transitioning?

Thanks for the boost hon!! I feel like I've been waiting for a pot of water to boil but I think hiding it for a bit will help with that. Let's do this Charla!! And that "thick" compliment--whoo hoo THANK YOU!!!!!- although I think that's more of an optical illusion from my camera angle. Lol. My hair is really fine/low density so I always feel like it's SO thin. (But we are our own worst critic). Btw ladies- would you say blunt cuts, u-shapes or layers help more w/ the "thickness" illusion? Don't plan on cutting into a style until I'm well into APL...but just curious.

I think blunt cutes look the best esp on low density hair. In u and v shapes the middle ends up looking skragglely

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

faithVA

I think at a minimum challengers need to check in and give an update quarterly even if they aren't expecting to hit APL until the end of the year. Monthly would be nice but no longer than quarterly.

I think active participation makes all the difference in the thread.

In another challenge, I don't require the challengers to post their pic but I do suggest that they take a pic mid-way through the challenge. That way when they post their final they can show the start, mid-challenge and end-challenge pics for a good comparision. Just an idea.

NikkiQ

So how about updates in March, June, September and then final picture in December? Every 3 months.

faithVA

So how about updates in March, June, September and then final picture in December? Every 3 months.

I think that is good. And its more manageable for you right?

There are a lot of good people in this thread so it should be lively, active and fun. Looking forward to it.

NikkiQ

I think looking forward to seeing everyone's progress every 3 months is great for the thread and a great way to cheer everyone on to reach our goal.

newnyer

I think that is good. And its more manageable for you right?

There are a lot of good people in this thread so it should be lively, active and fun. Looking forward to it.

Such a better suggestion....yay can't wait until March!

AwesomelyNappy

I cut my hair last year so this year i've been playing catch up. I thought i would make apl by dec 31st this year, but idk now... plus i had a minor setback a week ago. so i'm in for apl 2012. even if i reach apl on 12/31, i hope to be FULL apl in 2012.

~Current hair length: last i checked a couple months ago, an inch or two from apl... will update current length on dec 31st

~APL goal month: Goal is actually Dec 31, but it looks like it may be end of Jan or Feb. Hoping for FULL apl by May/June

~Current Reggie and styling choices: reggie is keeping it simple. moisture, cowash, oil rinse, avocado mask. Styles will be protective (hidden ends) and twists. little to no heat (i dont plan on straightening my hair in 2012) and i'll wear braid/bantu/knot outs occasionally in 2012, but mainly protective styling

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?: Mainly what i'm doing now. KISS, no/minimal heat. and never sleeping with loose hair. needs to be braids, bunned, twisted or something... no being lazy and sleeping with hair out.