APL 2012 Challenge

Phaer

All most at my goal for the year. Actually I'm claiming it but some say I haven't made it yet. I'm not claiming FULL APL but from March 2012 (the start of my journey) to September 2012 I've come a long way!

wow!! it looks like you retain every inch you grew.

jprayze

ChoColette said:
All most at my goal for the year. Actually I'm claiming it but some say I haven't made it yet. I'm not claiming FULL APL but from March 2012 (the start of my journey) to September 2012 I've come a long way!

C'mon over to BSL 2013 if you are not there already!

ChoColette

NikkiQ said:
ChoColette you better claim APL woman. There really was some great progress in those 6 months. Looks great!

Thank you NikkiQ! I put out a poll on my blog and the last I looked more people said no then those who said yes. I was a little disappointed. Not trying to claim "Cher" but dang. Lol. Thanks again! :)

ChoColette

mami2010 said:
PinkPeony so you think, lol. Just never really imagined, so hard for me to claim but I will claim it. Thanks to all of you ladies for your support, tips, and ideas. I love this forum!!!
Looking forward to seeing you all in BSL thread next year. I'm so excited!

Claim it! BSL here you come!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
ChoColette said:

Awesome growth and retention!!! I'd say you are APL.

ronie

Shampooed today with joico chelating shampoo, followed up with dudley drc 28 for 15 mns with heat. I then did a black tea rinse, and applied my joico moisture recovery balm over it. Left it on for about 20 mns with heat. Rinsed out, and hair was super soft. I could have stopped there cause my hair felt amazing, but i applied my bee mine bee lovely leave in with a drop of wheat germ oil. And i put my hair in 4 braids to airdry. Tomorrow i will moisturize as needed with qhemet burdock root moisturizer and cornrow all my hair into a ponytail so the ends don't rub on my shoulders. Will wig it for work until wednesday (next wash day).
I know it's old news but that joico moisture recovery balm is something else. Dry hair does not stand a chance. I even like it better than masquintense, and it's cheaper. So sorry kerastase, you've lost a customer. And that chelating shampoo did not dry my hair out at all; hair felt clean but soft. I look at the bottle again to make sure it wasn t a sulfate free poo. So it was a great hair day, every single product delivered and worked well together.

jayjaycurlz

@NikkiQ

Sorry for the late update - I took these pics a while ago (October 20th) but haven't had an opportunity to post them.

I'm aiming for full APL and then BSL in 2013!

Attachments

• Back (Oct).jpg
    Back (Oct).jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Left-side (Oct).jpg
    Left-side (Oct).jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Right-side (Oct).jpg
    Right-side (Oct).jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 40

LadyRaider

Ignore my fat, please. I am working on it.

Yikes. That one showed too much fat.I have an edited one!

Last edited:

Fyne

Hey ladies, checking in..I'll be wigging it until May 13 aiming to graduate in December and join you ladies in the BSL challenge! :D

LadyRaider

Second try!
Once again... ignore the fat! It used to be worse!

What do you think? Note that I had a recent hair cut, so I don't think my hair is all that uneven. It's just that I'm not that good at flat ironing my own hair. But I have grown tired of paying 45.000 at JCP for something so simple.

Attachments

• IMG_20121104_170849.jpg
    IMG_20121104_170849.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 54

Carmelella

LadyRaider lookin nice, thick, and glossy. Ur hair looks fluffy so you might just be there or very very close. I find that bone straight doesn't suit me anywayz. It makes my hair look too flat and thin.

A good trick that I learned is to use a soft bore bristle brush, flatten out a section of your hair on the bustles at the root and then flat iron like you're doing the comb chase method. I find the brush a hell of a lot easier to control than the comb, and it gets my text laxed and new growth pretty straight.

GL

LadyRaider

Carmelella Thanks for the tips. Yes my hair is pretty fluffy! Flat ironing is not my gift! Oh well. At least I have to worry less about heat damage I think... because I can't do it right, anyway.

NikkiQ Thanks for the encouragement. If I hadn't had that hair cut... I'd probably be there for sure in the front. But oh well. My hair is a lot neater now. And I don't have triangle head because I have some layers.

NikkiQ

Let the bunning begin! Where are my fellow year end bunners?? Going to do this til the end of the year...or at least attempt to lol

2012-11-05 09.48.41-1.jpg

Sent from my Android...Boom.

NikkiQ

GrowAHead is the first set of letters APL and the second is BSL? If so, it looks like you're APL. I'm sure if your hair was straight down instead of curled to one side it would definitely be pass APL :yep:

SincerelyBeautiful

NikkiQ said:
Let the bunning begin! Where are my fellow year end bunners?? Going to do this til the end of the year...or at least attempt to lol

Haven't taken a pic but I'm with ya girlie!!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NikkiQ

Cleansed hair with Motions Naturally You cleanser and followed up by cowashing with Tresemme. Currently in a bun to air dry. Gonna take it down before bed, apply my MN, and back into a bun it goes. I'm determined to gain some length before the end of the year :yep:

GrowAHead

GrowAHead is the first set of letters APL and the second is BSL? If so, it looks like you're APL. I'm sure if your hair was straight down instead of curled to one side it would definitely be pass APL :yep:

Great! I thought so too.. I ordered a large length Check shirt o my numbering is a lil janky :grin:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!

View attachment 175819

I'm bunning right along side of you. I also picked up some plastic cap yesterday. Everytime I'm sitting at home doing nothing I will lightly mist my hair and throw on a plastic cap to keep my hair damp.

jprayze

NikkiQ said:

Was doing a twist our tonight but I suddenly feel the urge to Bun!

NikkiQ

Day 2 of bunning! I hope it goes this smoothly til December. I probably won't be bunning everyday while I'm back in the states visiting family for Christmas, but I'm sure gonna try lol.

7 weeks and 6 days to get all the growth we can ladies!! We got this!! :woot:

SimJam

Haha funny that a couple of us are going ballz out till the end of the year.

I'm like my ends WILL NOT see the light of day 'cept for when they come out of this updo every 2 days for re moisturizing and on wash day.
My bf calls it the crown style. I keep forgetting to charge my camera and take a pic, but it looks something like this

I just dress it up with different head bands and scarves to match what Im wearing

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Awww, wish I could bun too. Mine is not big enough or neat enough to wear in public. Instead I have been wearing beanies or wigs when I go out.

Grapeseed oil is my new love. Qhemet's alma heavy cream hasn't been working too well on it own on my hair for some reason. (I could be that I have now developed a preference for the burdock root buttercream instead.) At first I didn't want to add an oil since it is castor oil based, thought it would make my hair oily, but surprisingly applying a little grapeseed oil and then the heavy cream works great. My hair stays soft for about 2-3 days this way. :)

Excuse any typos, I'm using my iPad.

Last edited: