APL 2012 Challenge

Carmelella

SimJam said:
Haha funny that a couple of us are going ballz out till the end of the year.

I'm like my ends WILL NOT see the light of day 'cept for when they come out of this updo every 2 days for re moisturizing and on wash day.
My bf calls it the crown style. I keep forgetting to charge my camera and take a pic, but it looks something like this

I just dress it up with different head bands and scarves to match what Im wearing

Where are you getting your headbands and scarves from? That one is so pretty and I needa dress my buns up more :)

SincerelyBeautiful

Baggied last nite and up in a bun now. My ends need to be protected for the rest of the year. May start the new year with wigs so I won't have to think about it so much!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

jprayze

Let the bunning begin! Where are my fellow year end bunners?? Going to do this til the end of the year...or at least attempt to lol

View attachment 175819

Sent from my Android...Boom.

I'm in at least for now!:grin: Yesterday was a banana clip bun on straight hair. I washed this am, so now I'm doing a high donut bun styled on wet hair. Trying to see if I can keep it for a few days without manipulating it. I couldn't do it with the low donut, but maybe it will work better because it's high.

Seamonster

I just cut my hair again, wow, I am determined to keep these ends together. Hopefully it will be able to make its way back by Year end. I intend to straighten and wear a bob for the holidays, and then I will grow it out next year.

SimJam

Carmelella I get scarves from all over the place ... mostly clothing stores.
the headbands I get from forever21 and i also like goody soft headbands - theyre everywhere

Seamonster

^ I probably cut a couple of inches out, I will really find out when I stretch it. I think I cut less off of my longest layer, so it has a chance to make APL this year.
My hair was starting to look a little straggly as it stretched, c'est la vie.

SimJam

re headbands I really like the goody glam line ... they have some nice ones.... though forever21 is cheaper lol

Carmelella

headbands:

If I ever stop being lazy I might even go to the fabric store and see if they'll sell me pieces smaller than a yard. And i'll check out goody glam too. Thanks

image-2469897047.jpg

image-2059341810.jpg

Last edited:

NikkiQ

That is such a cutie bun Carmelella! Full and shiny. Love it! :love3:

Just cowashed and put in low bun with a little conditioner on it. Might not cowash anymore this week. Maybe stretch it in braids Friday to wear a stretched bun until wash day.

gvin89

Today is wash day....funny how I look forward to it and dread it at the same time. Be back with details when I get to computer.

Gryphyn

Here's my November update!

I was cowashing daily last month but noticed some breakage. Now I'm back to only cowashing twice a week max., prepoo and shampooing once a week and rinsing with water only on all other days. I've kept everything else in my regimen the same.

So far so good!

jprayze

Ordered some hair for crochet braids! Wondering when it will get here...would like to get it done on Monday since its a holiday.

Evolving78

i hate i gotta jump back in the shower to rinse this conditioner out! i wish i could go back to dc'ing first, but my hair doesn't operate well like that. i clarified and gave myself a light protein treatment. i see my hair has to dry completely before i can bun or put it in a ponytail.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
shortdub78 said:
what do you ladies consider minimum breakage?

I consider minimal breakage when I only get a few broken pieces during mechanical manipulation. Now on the other hand, if I'm getting considerable breakage while finger combing or smoothing my hair back with my hands only, then I'd begin to worry.

gvin89

So yesterday, I DC'd with Strinillah on dry hair...my hair soaked it right on up (sign of dehydration I guess)? I shampooed with a bar instead of traditional shampoo. My hair felt very nice and my curls were popping! I then conditioned with AOHSR and as I dried with a t-shirt, my curls went away :ohwell:. I used Qhemet styling products (leave-in and sealant).

I decided to use the African threading method to stretch my hair in hopes of doing a flat twist updo or a set of mini-twists. I parted my hair down the middle as if I was putting in two french braids. I then split each half into 6 sections and threaded each. I think I got a better stretch than when I airdry in plaits.

NikkiQ

I wanna see your threading gvin89! I saw a few threads pop up about it not too long ago and it looked like a great way to stretch hair.

SincerelyBeautiful

Co washed this morning, moisturized and sealed, then back into a bun with my satin scarf to help with my edges. I'm 4 weeks post tomorrow and my ng is starting to show it's natural behind :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Kerryann

Oh lord I couldn't go any longer with these braids I just took them out and plastered my hair with castor oil tonight's wash and dc is going to feel like heaven

Seamonster

You know we want to see when you're all done right Kerryann?lol

:lick: Yes, the suspense is eating me up. When I saw your post my eye bucked as I looked for the imaginary pictures I have dreamed of.

On the rare occasion where I just get a few broken hairs like less than 15, I consider that minimal breakage.
If I only see less than five, I say I didn't have any breakage because the average person would never check for breakage like I do.

Kerryann

This is the hair with castor oil after the take down and i alreafy made apl but i think im an inch past it now stretch pic coming

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121108_173323.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121108_173323.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 39
  • ForumRunner_20121108_173348.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121108_173348.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 37
  • ForumRunner_20121108_173413.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121108_173413.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 35

Carmelella

That is such a cutie bun @Carmelella! Full and shiny. Love it! :love3:

Just cowashed and put in low bun with a little conditioner on it. Might not cowash anymore this week. Maybe stretch it in braids Friday to wear a stretched bun until wash day.

Thanks!! i started using the keracare product line, mostly the humectress and daily moisturizer and so far i really like them :)

Goal for today: Aphogee hard protein treatment followed by moisturizing conditioner. Then air dry 50% with keracare humectress and a tad coconut oil, then blow dry on medium to stretch the back (no heat in front.. i'm babying those hairs, lol) two french braids, then some type of wavy roll style :grin:

Edit: Change of plans :drunk:

Last edited: