Apl 2016 Challenge

Janet'

@faithVA I have realized that growth and retention definitely happen in phases...But as you said, health is REALLY important!! :yep: You'll be able to confidently claim SL very soon! You're on the grow and your headed towards APL! :congrats: :bouncy:

@Wenbev I can ABSOLUTELY see a change-- retention wise and thickness wise! :yep: :yep: :yep: You're on the grow! :toocool::toocool:

@xu93texas :clapping::clapping: Grow on girl! You at least retained an inch and a half, you're on track to reach APL soon!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Last edited:

Aggie

Anyone else doing a length check this month?
My length checks are only twice a year @faithVA. I just did one at the beginning of the year so I won't be ready for another one until June.

I'm due for a trim at the end of April and I want to do the length check AFTER that for sure. But June is best for me.

I'll update then in all of my challenges and another one maybe during my birth month in October, not sure about that one yet though.

Wenbev

@faithVA @Wenbev Yes! Thanks for the positivity!!! I'm really a behind the scenes gal...I think that's why most of my hobbies (even my career) is cheering on from behind...but, I guess I gotta give the people what they want... :cool2: :cool2:

*Exits thread to have a serious conversation with this head of hair* :pullhair::prettyplease::pullhair:
lol! I hear you!
You must share your secrets on maintaining healthy hair with that lovely hair color!

Wenbev

Deep conditioning, keep oil in my hair, wash once a week, I've been rollersetting for the last month and it seems to be working.
thank you! And what about your color? Do you do it yourself or salon? I'm curious bc I'm looking for an alternative to henna as I get more grey hairs. Now henna is my boo, but I kind of think I'd like to go lighter in years to come.

GGsKin

My hair feels really soft after last week's henna so I want to keep up the moisture.

Last night I parted my hair into 4 sections and water rinsed. Then I applied AOWC to each section. Went through again, smoothing ghee (mixed with some hibuscus) on my length. I put in 8 bantu knots and wrapped in cling, a baggy and scarf.

I'll rinse today, clay wash and wash and go as usual.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
My official April length check:

April 16th will be my 6 month hair anniversary since my mini BC :drunk: I couldn't find the charger to my camera so I was stuck using my iphone again. And idk what length overall my hair is at this point. I'm gonna claim full chin length for now lol

faithVA

April 16th will be my 6 month hair anniversary since my mini BC :drunk: I couldn't find the charger to my camera so I was stuck using my iphone again. And idk what length overall my hair is at this point. I'm gonna claim full chin length for now lol

I think you are really close to APL but it's hard to tell. Next pics, include more of your body so we can tell if you are APL. I think you will definitely be APL for the next length check.

I would say you can claim SL for now.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
I think you are really close to APL but it's hard to tell. Next pics, include more of your body so we can tell if you are APL. I think you will definitely be APL for the next length check.

I would say you can claim SL for now.

I actually cropped the pic so you didn't have to look at my back fat:paperbag: I'll definitely wear a shirt next length check lol

BUT YES I HAPPILY ACCEPT CLAIMING SL NOW:yahoo: My crown and nape area look about the same length but my nape is much closer to my back so I thought you measure and determine the length stage of your hair by the crown lol I honestly wasn't sure

faithVA

I actually cropped the pic so you didn't have to look at my back fat:paperbag: I'll definitely wear a shirt next length check lol

BUT YES I HAPPILY ACCEPT CLAIMING SL NOW:yahoo: My crown and nape area look about the same length but my nape is much closer to my back so I thought you measure and determine the length stage of your hair by the crown lol I honestly wasn't sure
We need to see your armpits. Maybe a sleeveless shirt?

You can measure from whatever point you want. Some people do the nape, some further up and some the crown. It's just what makes you comfortable.

Wenbev

My hair feels really soft after last week's henna so I want to keep up the moisture.

Last night I parted my hair into 4 sections and water rinsed. Then I applied AOWC to each section. Went through again, smoothing ghee (mixed with some hibuscus) on my length. I put in 8 bantu knots and wrapped in cling, a baggy and scarf.

I'll rinse today, clay wash and wash and go as usual.
@AbsyBlvd do you make your our ghee or buy?

@mostamaziing I would say your longest lengths are APL from your pic! I agree with Faith and would include more to see more body or wear a length check tee to see the markings. edit - nevermind I'm slow just saw the last posts. lol

@InBloom

nice growth!

wish4length

I'm late but I'd like to join...
What length are you now?
APL in the back collar bone in the front
Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural
What's your regimen?
I deep condition on Fridays...
What do you need to do/change to reach APL?
don't really know....take vitamins maybe...drink water...and moisturize ends

What's your goal month if any?
August
Post your starting pic:starting.png

faithVA

I'm late but I'd like to join...
What length are you now?
APL in the back collar bone in the front
Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural
What's your regimen?
I deep condition on Fridays...
What do you need to do/change to reach APL?
don't really know....take vitamins maybe...drink water...and moisturize ends

What's your goal month if any?
August
Post your starting pic:View attachment 356607
Welcome. There is an APL/BSL challenge that may work better for you. You won't be in this challenge long enough for it to be worth your while.