Apl 2016 Challenge

faithVA

@wish4length
@faithVA is strict on these doors:lol:. She's already flinging me out of SL Challenge and most of my hair is NL (not almost APL like my nape). I was like :lala:, but she's right. You can always hang out in both. It looks like you will be passing APL in no time.

I tried to be nice about it but folk just come in laying on my couch, eating up all my food. Sometimes you just have to put folk out. Let your long hair swang as you go through the door. Um hmm

You know I love you. :bighug:

Wenbev

I'm late but I'd like to join...
What length are you now?
APL in the back collar bone in the front
Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural
What's your regimen?
I deep condition on Fridays...
What do you need to do/change to reach APL?
don't really know....take vitamins maybe...drink water...and moisturize ends

What's your goal month if any?
August
Post your starting pic:View attachment 356607
Welcome @wish4length!:circle: great growth! You will graduate super fast!

Janet'

thank you! And what about your color? Do you do it yourself or salon? I'm curious bc I'm looking for an alternative to henna as I get more grey hairs. Now henna is my boo, but I kind of think I'd like to go lighter in years to come.

The color is definitely professional. Chile, if I tried to color, :perplexed::ohwell::pullhair: I would have no hair on my head. I have to color because I am a pre-mature greyer-- I started graying at 19 :sad:. I get it touched up every 6-8 months (twice a year). I should go sooner but in an effort to have healthy hair, if I colored every time I saw grey, I'd be at the salon every two weeks.

Janet'

I'm late but I'd like to join...
What length are you now?
APL in the back collar bone in the front
Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural
What's your regimen?
I deep condition on Fridays...
What do you need to do/change to reach APL?
don't really know....take vitamins maybe...drink water...and moisturize ends

What's your goal month if any?
August

Yeah, you will DEFINITELY be full APL by August. :welcome: and :congrats: :congrats: :yep: :yep:

londonfog

Started my new position this week so I've been rocking a faux bun out of convenience & ease. I'll be cowashing tonight & doing a twistout tonight. Hopefully it comes out right or I will be putting it right back up into a bun in the morning. I'll do a length check after I cowash & post pics.

Oh & I dyed my hair black about two weeks ago to match the bun that I bought. My normal hair color is brown.

Last edited:

faithVA

The color is definitely professional. Chile, if I tried to color, :perplexed::ohwell::pullhair: I would have no hair on my head. I have to color because I am a pre-mature greyer-- I started graying at 19 :sad:. I get it touched up every 6-8 months (twice a year). I should go sooner but in an effort to have healthy hair, if I colored every time I saw grey, I'd be at the salon every two weeks.
So what do you do with your roots for 6 months? My roots and edges are super gray after 1.5 months.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I just realised that this was a different thread to the APL/BSL thread.

*slides in @faithVA's thread*

Hey y'all!

Current Length - grazing SL.
Natural
Goal Month to reach APL - Dec 2016
Current Reggie:
Detangle/cowash/shampoo/DC/blowdry/cornrow at the end of the month
Cowash/shampoo/DC/airdry in my cornrows at the 2 week mark.

Wenbev

thank you! I started greying in my mid 20s so I feel you! Luckily, it was just a patch and some sprinklings, but the patch is definitely bigger now. how do you deal with your root situation? just rock it out?

Aggie

I have something to say about reaching full APL/BSL/MBL - that will not happen for me. My hair grows in a constant V at the back because my lead hair are there and I'm claiming APL because even though my hair on top of my head are not there yet. If I had to wait for the top of my head to reach APL, I would constantly be cutting off my lead hairs at the nape of my neck and that ain't happenin'.

Right now, I'm APL but I have a trim scheduled at the end of the month and I don't know quite where I'll be then, so I'm holding my spot here until after the trim.

faithVA

I have something to say about reaching full APL/BSL/MBL - that will not happen for me. My hair grows in a constant V at the back because my lead hair are there and I'm claiming APL because even though my hair on top of my head are not there yet. If I had to wait for the top of my head to reach APL, I would constantly be cutting off my lead hairs at the nape of my neck and that ain't happenin'.

Right now, I'm APL but I have a trim scheduled at the end of the month and I don't know quite where I'll be then, so I'm holding my spot here until after the trim.
Ok I see you trying to try me too huh? Uh huh! Ok I will let you hang out until your trim :yep: But I've got my eye on you. :lol:

I think you are our first graduate.