Apl 2016 Challenge

InBloom

In my new-growth
What are you noticing??

I'm a relaxed head, so I'd always thought that putting water in my hair would ruin my style. I saw a beautiful natural-head on YouTube mention that the best moisturizer is water. She used a spritz bottle for her hair with just water during the day on her straightened hair. That got me to thinking...

So, I bought a little bottle like from a package you might get at Target meant for TSA approved liquids. A simple little sprayer bottle. Filled that with water and added some rosemary tincture. I find that when I am at work, I spritz very lightly over my hair and use my fingers to run it through. It gives me moisture. At the end of the day, my hair isn't so dry and doesn't snap off when I comb it out at night. It also softens and loosens tangles. I do it about 2 or 3 times during the day. I'm not saturating my hair, so it's not getting soaked. Just a very fine/light mist and I'm good. I've been doing it consistently for a few months. No frizz, no loss of curls in my style either.

It's better than any commercial moisturizer I have bought/tried. Seems like the added ingredients in some of those products leaves my hair brittle at the end of the day.

Wenbev

See, I don't know how to use aloe vera, and glycerin in this dry climate where I live is a no-no for me. I might experiment with aloe vera in the near future.
I hear you on the glycerin @InBloom I live in the desert and its a major no-no. I do like aloevera gel, just recently started using it. I mix it with marshmallow tea, a splash of ACV and several drops of rosemary and lavendar EOs. I use it as a leave in after a wash/cowash and it makes my hair feel soft.

Aggie

See, I don't know how to use aloe vera, and glycerin in this dry climate where I live is a no-no for me. I might experiment with aloe vera in the near future.
Okay just use the aloe vera gel or juice straight - no need to dilute it. Just pour it on your hair wet or dry. I use it to both pre poo on dry hair and to detangle in the shower. It works wonders I tell ya. It's my go-to detangler right now.

Janet'

Happy Tuesday Ladies! I haven't been on in a week or so because I have was prepping for foot surgery (that I had yesterday). Everything went well, but I am off of my feet for 6 weeks! Needless to say, my hair is in two big goddess braids so that I don't have to worry about my hair during this healing process. I am not going to drop out because sometime soon, I will be able to put weight on my foot and therefore will be able to do what I do..but for now...

Wenbev

Happy Tuesday Ladies! I haven't been on in a week or so because I have was prepping for foot surgery (that I had yesterday). Everything went well, but I am off of my feet for 6 weeks! Needless to say, my hair is in two big goddess braids so that I don't have to worry about my hair during this healing process. I am not going to drop out because sometime soon, I will be able to put weight on my foot and therefore will be able to do what I do..but for now...
happy recovery! hopefully in a week or so you can actually enjoy the next five!!

Wenbev

mixed up some marshmallow, lavender and nettle tea with aloe vera gel and rosemary eo in a spray bottle. Will spray my hair daily with that mix in the mornings and flat twist in two for work.
I think I'll play around with some tension blow drying over the weekend and see what comes of it. just super bored.

Janet'

@Wenbev Thank you! I'm trucking along!!

This is how I'm wearing my hair right now since I cannot deal with it (I can't be on my feet for 6 weeks). My friend comes over and re-braids for me every week and a half. She's trying to figure out how she can wash my hair and deep condition it for me but I'm looking at her like :badidea:, I know that you have a license (cosmetology and such) but :catfight: I don't trust you with my hair :nono:...But, "I do love you and I appreciate everything that you have done for me..." I just can't!!!:nono::nono::nono:

OAN: I'm in my mid-30s and do you see ALL the grey????? This is why I color/dye ladies!!! I'm dying over here!!! :angry2::angry2:

Aggie

Here's my pic after my trim this afternoon. It won't stay straight unfortunately. As you can see, my V shape growth is still there. I will not be chopping that off, heck no! I like it a lot actually so it stays. I will stay in the challenge a little longer because I want my shoulder length to catch up a bit, but then again it won't stay straight enough to do a proper length check. It will have to do though @faithVA

Attachments

• 20160427_202450.jpg
    20160427_202450.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Wenbev

@Wenbev Thank you! I'm trucking along!!

This is how I'm wearing my hair right now since I cannot deal with it (I can't be on my feet for 6 weeks). My friend comes over and re-braids for me every week and a half. She's trying to figure out how she can wash my hair and deep condition it for me but I'm looking at her like :badidea:, I know that you have a license (cosmetology and such) but :catfight: I don't trust you with my hair :nono:...But, "I do love you and I appreciate everything that you have done for me..." I just can't!!!:nono::nono::nono:

OAN: I'm in my mid-30s and do you see ALL the grey????? This is why I color/dye ladies!!! I'm dying over here!!! :angry2::angry2:
What a lovely friend to come over and do your hair. And you have me laughing at I just can't! I see your greys girl, feel your pain!! And lastly I must say...you skin is freakin GORGEOUS!!

Wenbev

Here's my pic after my trim this afternoon. It won't stay straight unfortunately. As you can see, my V shape growth is still there. I will not be chopping that off, heck no! I like it a lot actually so it stays. I will stay in the challenge a little longer because I want my shoulder length to catch up a bit, but then again it won't stay straight enough to do a proper length check. It will have to do though @faithVA

lovely Ms. @Aggie :)
and now, ya need ta go! lol

faithVA

Yeah I will give you a few more months ;)

Aggie

lovely Ms. @Aggie :)
and now, ya need ta go! lol
Thank you sweetie, but I am staying at least until August, maybe even October for my birthday. I am going to try and use a hotter temperature flat iron for my next length check though. I just don't care for heat in my hair at all:nono:. That's probably why the stylist today said I didn't have much ends to begin with. She only needed to take off about a half an inch and that's after 10 months of not trimming my hair. I can deal with that.

faithVA

Thank you sweetie, but I am staying at least until August, maybe even October for my birthday. I am going to try and use a hotter temperature flat iron for my next length check though. I just don't care for heat in my hair at all:nono:. That's probably why the stylist today said I didn't have much ends to begin with. She only needed to take off about a half an inch and that's after 10 months of not trimming my hair. I can deal with that.
I don't know about all that. October :nono: June or July you will be moved to graduated member with hanging out status.

InBloom

In my new-growth

Oh my goodness. So pretty. Gaw

Janet'

thank you! I started greying in my mid 20s so I feel you! Luckily, it was just a patch and some sprinklings, but the patch is definitely bigger now. how do you deal with your root situation? just rock it out?

My roots/edges are the most sensitive...so, unfortunately, I have to just let them do what they do so that I can have edges :cry3::cry3:

xu93texas

Your hair is so thick and lush!