Ar010 is Transitioning!

My last touch up was June 18 2004 and since then I went from stretching touch ups to finally deciding to go natural. Today puts me at 11 weeks, I'm so excited. I love my natural texture so far and I want to transition without the Big Chop.

Thanks simplycee for having my back, and hairlove for sharing your tips.

Any other past/present transitioners and naturals, I'm ready for any advice. Thanks!

Congrats!!
smile.gif

Now, the toughest part is keeping your new growth as moisturized as your natural hair. Instead of deep conditioning your whole head at the same time, focus your extra attention to your new-growth. Perhaps you can allow some cholesterol to sit on your newgrowth overnight and then do a conditioner wash in the morning.

Now, the above suggestion leads you to frequent washing. The objective here is to find a style that you can maintain with finger-combing. I'm not sure how you're used to styling your hair, but I do see that you're almost bra-strap. This is good! You have plenty of hair that can be easily put in twist and braid-sets. I think it would be ideal if you did not wear ponytails too much as this will create extra tension at the demarcation point.

Okay, now I'm just rambling.....

laugh.gif

Hope this helps!

Congratulations Ar010:

I agree with itismehmmkay. Frequent washings are a must along with staying away from tight hair styles that pull the hair. Moisture is your friend right now. I am so excited for you!!!
party.gif
bouncy.gif

Wishing you luck and lots of success in your natural hair journey! Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!
clap.gif

Congrats!! I transitioned for about 6 months and couldn't take it anymore. So, I did the BC!! It was great to just have one texture and to see all the little curls was great!! But, since you want to transition....moisture, moisture, moisture is key!! Read all the threads on natural hair and find out what to do to take care of it. It's a whole new ball game from being relaxed, but it's a more fun ball game!!!! Sorry relaxed girls!!
smile.gif
wink.gif

Congrats on the transition!! I agree with what everyone else has said.. I do daily CW's and I prolly shampoo twice a week..

[ QUOTE ]
Ar010 said:
My last touch up was June 18 2004 and since then I went from stretching touch ups to finally deciding to go natural. Today puts me at 11 weeks, I'm so excited. I love my natural texture so far and I want to transition without the Big Chop.

Thanks simplycee for having my back, and hairlove for sharing your tips.

Any other past/present transitioners and naturals, I'm ready for any advice. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats!
weird.gif

I'm transitioning too and my hair is about the same length as yours
smile.gif
It's been almost a year for me though.
It's all about moisturizing and detangling gently. Be kind to that demarcation line
laugh.gif

Congrats on transitioning, Ar010!
dance7.gif

Like everyone else said, moisture is key. I condition wash on the days I don't shampoo and shampoo about 2 times a week, sometimes 3 or sometimes once. For me, I found that styles that limit manipulation help. I wear a phonytail during the week and only wear my hair down in a wash n go on the weekends. I always have at least one creamy and one leave in conditioner in my hair at all times, even though it's usually more than that. Treat your hair like old, delicate lace, especially around the line of demarcation. Detangling might take more time now (I know it does for me) and pay attention to how products work. What works now might not work three months from now. Good luck!
smile.gif

Back