~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm a major castor oil junkie! I use the JBCO pomade once or twice a week on my scalp. I use the oil itself once or twice a week.

Please add me to the challenge list! :woohoo2:

teysmith

Hey count me in!! I have a full bottle of castor oil that I only used once or twice. I've been wanting to use it but I've been so into my coconut oil.. But this sounds like a really fun challenge!!

I would like to join plz!

Can someone please tell me the benifits of using castor oil? I know that one of the main purposes people use it here is for thicker hair, which is why I decided to buy it. But are their any other purpose for using it? do it help with hair growth as well?

Last edited:

Bnster

I would love to be in. I would like to try JBCO, right now using
Naturel Hair & Body Jamaican Style Castor Oil Treatment w/ Grapeseed & Carrot Oil.
The bottle says it is Pure Castor Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Carrot Oil, BHT.
Post pics later, once I research how to attach pic via URL in threads.

Last edited:

charmtreese

Im in!!!!! I will be using NOW castor oil mixed with rosemary oil! I will apply it to my scalp 5-6 days a week. I will also be using it on my ends.

kasey

Hey BG. I too would like to join this challenge! I've never used JBCO, but I do have a few ounces of Home Health Castor oil here at the house. :yep: Thanks!!! --c

Attachments

• castoroilchallenge.jpg
    castoroilchallenge.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

BlackGeisha

Hey count me in!! I have a full bottle of castor oil that I only used once or twice. I've been wanting to use it but I've been so into my coconut oil.. But this sounds like a really fun challenge!!

I would like to join plz!

Can someone please tell me the benifits of using castor oil? I know that one of the main purposes people use it here is for thicker hair, which is why I decided to buy it. But are their any other purpose for using it? do it help with hair growth as well?

I posted two links at the bottom of my original post. :yep:

QurlyQutie

Please add me to the challenge...my first! Been lurking for the past six months...finally joining in. Great information, great advise on this site. Thanks ladies!

orangepeel

I want in too. I use my pharmacy generic brand. Does it matter if we decide to switch brands later on?

pureebony

Hey Me too want to join!!!

Is it ok OP that i mix my castor oil with my growth mix, and do it that way, at the mo will try and get black castor oil, but i have the refined version not sure of the brand, will look later.

My starting pic is below:

Thanks!!

kitkat2011

:orders:The Castor Oil Challenge 2010 is here.:orders:

The challenge will begin on Monday Feb. 8, 2010 and end on Saturday May 8, 2010.

On May 13, 2010 there will be prize drawing to win your very own bottle of the famous Jamaican Black Castor Oil ! :love3:

1 - 4 oz. bottle will be given away to 3 lucky challengers.

You have 1 month to go out and purchase your castor oil if you have none. You have the option of using whatever brand of castor oil you can get your hands on.

Order online :user: or visit your local pharmacy or health store’s laxative section and pick up a bottle. :auto:

*I recommend using 100% castor oil unrefined or cold pressed, none of that Hollywood Beauty stuff. :naughty:

Rules :bat:
- You must enter between Jan. 8 2010 and Feb. 8 2010 to be listed as a challenger and be entered into the drawing.

-Once you enter you have 5 days to submit a starting photo Feb 8. 2010-Feb 12. 2010.

- You may use any type of castor oil you choose.

-You must apply the castor oil to your scalp 2 x’s a week at the minimum. Part your hair and apply the castor oil as if you were greasing your scalp.

-You may apply the castor oil to the length of your hair if you wish to seal.

- You may mix your castor oil with another oil if it is too thick for you, or if irritation occurs.

- At the end of the challenge you have 5 days to submit a progress photo May 8. 2010 - May 12. 2010.

-At the end of the challenge post your starting photo and your ending photo together.

All challengers will be given a number upon entry. Prize drawing will take place on May 13, 2010 using random.org. You must have a beginning and an ending photo to be eligible for the prize.

No Photo No Prize! If your number comes up and you have not submitted an ending photo by May. 12 @ midnight you will not be eligible for the prize. Sorry. :jail:

Important Dates
Enter the challenge between - Jan. 8, 2010 - Feb 8, 2010
Submit a Photo between - Feb. 8, 2010 - Feb. 12, 2010
Submit an ending photo between - May 8, 2010 - May 12, 2010
Prize Drawing - May 13, 2010

Benefits of Castor oil :bookworm2:
http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/castor_oil.htm
http://www.long-healthy-hair-advisor.com/castor-oil-for-hair.html

:peace: Good Luck!
Happy Hair Growing!

*By the way, I have no affiliation with the makers of JBCO. I'm conducting this challenge for fun. I will be purchasing the 3 bottles of JBCO with my own money. Thanks!
hi i would like to be added to this challenge, how can i upload a pic, my screen name is kitkat2011

BlackGeisha

Hey Me too want to join!!!

Is it ok OP that i mix my castor oil with my growth mix, and do it that way, at the mo will try and get black castor oil, but i have the refined version not sure of the brand, will look later.

My starting pic is below:

Thanks!!

You are allowed to mix, that's perfectly fine. :drunk:

Last edited:

LaidBak

OK I can get with this challenge! I have JBCO that I mix with my DCs, I will slap a nozzle tip on the bottle and start applying it to my scalp. I may thin it out a bit with EVOO or EVCO. Starting pic attached.

Attachments

• JanHair.jpg
    JanHair.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 10

Stiletto_Diva

I'm in!!. I will be using JBCO w/ lavender, JBCO mixed in my OCT, and just plain old JBCO. I love this oil. Will post a pic by Feb 8

ETA: Pic

Last edited:

Geminigirl

YEA!!! I am all over this challenge. I still have some JBCO and I am sure I will still have some in FEB. I plan to purchase some of the Lavender one next time. Count me in. I am in yarn braids and am not sure if I will be out of them in Feb. If not. How does that work as far as posting pictures go?

BlackGeisha

YEA!!! I am all over this challenge. I still have some JBCO and I am sure I will still have some in FEB. I plan to purchase some of the Lavender one next time. Count me in. I am in yarn braids and am not sure if I will be out of them in Feb. If not. How does that work as far as posting pictures go?

You may enter but in order to be eligible for the drawing you must enter a starting pic by Feb 12 and an ending pic by May 12.

Aspire

Okie - here is reg.

Regimen:
Daily: Moisturize and seal nightly
2x Week: Cleanse and Condition
Weekly: Deep Condition
Monthly: Henna/Cassia Mix
90 Days: Relaxer and Dusting

Always: No Direct Heat

I will be using a mixture of MT/CO/Amla oil to moisturize and seal at least every other night. CO on my edges and ends when needed. I use whatever brand is cheapest, but I LOVE JBCO and am ordering more.

Attachments

• 20100107-vi.jpg
    20100107-vi.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 20

exubah

Oh yeah I think I shall be joining this challenge!!!!

I will be using JBCO and I will be applying to my roots (not my scalp, I think I'm slightly allergic) at least 2x per week.

I will post a starting pic some time before Feb 8th.

I am from the Bahamas and reside there but I have a US address if I win one of the prizes :grin: