BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Imani

Let's do it!!! :grin:

Yep, its about that time, 2011 is winding down, time to get ready for 2012 goals. :yep: So lets get it popping!

Alright, ya'll know the drill by now, answer the questions and post a pic if you are down. I know some people like to use BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) instead of BSL (Bra Strap Length), so that's cool as well.

**You can post a starting pic now or at least post one before Jan 1, 2012. If you plan to use BSL as your length goal, I would suggest choosing a bra right now that u will wear for update pics for consistency**

Updates (if possible, I know some people will be in hide your hair type challenges) will be--
Jan 1 (starting pic)
April 30
August 31
December 31

...but also feel free to check in/update progress any time in between.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your goal date for BSL?

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? (ie. This will be your first time ever being BSL; You were BSL but had a setback, or BC’d or chopped it off for a style and want it back again; You were BSL back in the day and now trying to achieve it again, etc.)

Whats your current length?

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc)

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Please add a starting pic now or at least before Jan 1 2012

Challengers:
Imani
Soquin
tasha5951
SmilingElephant
faithVA
chickle
youwillrise
Solitude
GroovyMama
Seamonster
JeterCrazed
MsDee14
Beverly Ann Properties
IndifinableJoli
prettybyrd
Tdwillis
g.lo
indarican
FlawedBeauty
Kamilla16
Majestye
LivingDol1
Trini_Chutney
JerriBlank
unique4lyfe33
Uniqzoe
EbonyCPrincess
miss_cheveious
creolefox
Ravengirl
iamtan
LuvlyRain3
13StepsAhead
SUNSHINE BABY
naturalagain2
esi.adokowa
mstokes2008
MzSwift
naturalbeauty21
jprayze
PlainJane
MyAngelEyez~C~U
Guyaneek
shortdub78
Phiippians413
Rapunzel1309
nissi
ladysaraii
GIJane
Skiggle
zoeyy
Miryoku
Wanderland
Nayna
ErikaUK
Ronnieaj
BrookeLynn
Readyone
brickhouse
newnyer
WantNatural
Missdelicious1
transitioning?
kandiekj100
ms.mimi
NappyNelle
An_gell
Firstborn2
candy626:woot:
NaeChail
hair4romheaven
MsLi@512
lolita1987
brickhouse
Shana'
silenttullip
Gemini350z
Curly Lee
Jerseygurl
Khaiya
Beauty by Nature
NaturallyTori
Charla
Whimsy :yay:
skraprchik
TdotGirl
tiredbeauty
Aggie
lawyer2be371
DearJohn
ErikaUK
ImanAdero
Highly Favored8
LilMissSunshine5
Missdelicious1
PrissyMum1908
zoeyy
prettypithy
JustGROWwithIt
NYRICAN1
SherylsTresses:party:
Softerlove
ynotbd1
MsKikiStar
LoveBeautyKisses
prettynatural
lamaria211
chickory_bee
babyshuf2
ATLcutey20
kristaa.10
inneedofhelptx
DayDreamist
iamtan
kinky_curlygenie
GreenEyedJen
brownsugarbaby
mami2010
ProductJunkie
ashboog
cornell34
KhandiB
Foxglove
SunySydeofLyfe
Zaz
smwrigh3
AryaStarr258
Missinadaa16
Mane_Attraxion
manter26
coolsista-paris
Grand Prix
Krystle~Hyme
YoursTrulyRE
UGQueen
tashboog
Missi
nadaa16
bestblackgirl
baddison
Chiquitita
winona
Kerryann
TruMe:party:
sugarwater
growbaby
NaturalBlackGurl
simplyconfident
vandidix
nevaeh
septemberbaby
kismettt
djkforeal
makeupgirl
trendsetta25
BlkOnyx488
MsRana
CJ22
chickory_bee
Victorian
sugahoney
SincerelyBeautiful
clairelynette
BlkOnyx488
newbeginnings2010
belletropjolie
RENIBELL:grin:
Nelli04
DivaJones
bride91501
ScorpioLove:woot:

Last edited:

Imani

Sept 2012. But anytime before the end of 2012 and I'd be happy.

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?
Wow, I never would've thought I'd ever even have enough hair to think about being in a BSL challenge so its surreal. I've struggled w/my hair for years. My hair is currently the longest its ever been. I've never been past SL all my life. I have kinky, fine, fragile hair that is extremely hard to retain length. So even APL is going to be an amazing milestone for me.

Whats your current length? SL, hoping to be APL by end of 2011

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?

Reggie-
Prepoo/detangle w/ EVOO and water
Shampoo in sections
DC under steamer
Kimmaytube leave in
Immediately plait or twist hair into a protective style

Spray w/water and moisturize and seal every 2 to 3 days. Professional flat iron and trim about 4 times a year. Use only natural based products. I take a multivitamin, biotin, and folic acid. And use bee mine sulfur serum on scalp.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL?
I will probably pass out from the sheer excitement and shock:lol: And of course whip it extra hard for all the naysayers and doubters. I won't go crazy tho, I know I will have to keep healthy practices to maintain the length. But I think if I make BSL I will be content and not super pressed about MBL or WL.

pis- last wknd, curled and then after curls fell

Attachments

• sept curled.jpg
    sept curled.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 380
  • sept length.jpg
    sept length.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:

tasha5951

See Pictures Below- Pics takes 11/28/11 :yep:

I will be getting a sew in within 3 weeks so this is probably the last time I'm flat ironing my hair for awhile. It's been 8 weeks since my last relaxer and I won't be getting another one until the middle of March.

I hope to be BSL somewhere between June and August 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? (ie. This will be your first time ever being BSL; You were BSL but had a setback, or BC’d or chopped it off for a style and want it back again; You were BSL back in the day and now trying to achieve it again, etc.)

This year my goal was APL and I reached it and saw how well my hair responds when I take good, consistent care of it, lay off the heat, and protective style.

Current length APL (hope to be full APL by December)

Relaxed

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc)

Wash 1x per week, cowash 2x per week, deep condition 1x per week. Moisturize & oil seal 1x per day, use a protein condish 1x every other week. Protective style 90% of the time, heat only on special occasions, stretch relaxers to 14-16 weeks.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)

Enjoy it for awhile and then get back on the wagon and onto my ultimate goal of MBL :)

Attachments

• hair2B.jpg
    hair2B.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 145
  • hair1B.jpg
    hair1B.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 134
  • hair3B.jpg
    hair3B.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Soquin

What is your goal date for BSL?[/B]

November 1, 2012

What brings you to this challenge.

This will be my first time being bra strap length.

My hair is between shoulder and armpit length (closer to armpit length)

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transition?

Natural

Vitamins
Biotin
Bagging
Deep condition once a week
Protein once a week
Protective styling
No heat

Once I make it to BSL, I will treat myself with a flat iron and whip my hair until I get a crook in my neck. Jp but I am serious about this challenge
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/COLOR][/I]

Will add starting pick before January 1st.

SmilingElephant

I hope to reach BSB/BSL(stretched) by February or March of 2012

I BC'd from WL(relaxed) hair on January 12, 2011....I am now APL stretched. However i did transition for 8 months so i actually currently have 16 months of newgrowth on my head.:)

scraping APL stretched

100% Natural :D

For the Fall/Winter i'll be doing more protective styling such as flat twists and plaits. I'm back to taking multivitamins and i'm good about drinking water although i have times when i slack.

I plan to flat iron my hair for the first time since i've been natural. I keep telling myself i refuse to use a flat iron on my hair until i reach BSL.

I'm SO happy somebody FINALLY started this challenge!:grin:...this will help me in my WL 2013 challenge as well:yep: Thanks Imani!!

Here's my starting pic:

September Braidout Fro APL.jpg

Imani

I'm still kind of giddy that I'm actually in, let alone started a BSL challenge. I feel like I'm rolling with the big dawgs now! lol

faithVA

Thanks @Imani

What is your goal date for BSL? Sept. 30, 2012

This will be my first time being BSL

Whats your current length? .....SL/CBL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?.....Natural

.....Regi
Mud wash
Condition with steamer
Leave-in/oil/AVG
Air Dry
Protective Style (mainly twists)
Working on increasing moisture

I'm going to straighten it and swang it somewhere for a week. I may wear it out a little more but probably will be content to wear twists and buns.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting pic taken 12/01/2011 or close :look:

The 2nd line is BSL
Dec2011LengthCheckP2%20(640x480).jpg
NapeLengthCheckPic1.JPG
SeptemberLengthPic1.jpg

Last edited:

chickle

Hi, I would like to join!

What is your goal date for BSL? FULL BSL by April 2012

Been natural for almost 3 years, I have always been APL as a relaxed girl, and APL is the longest length I have achieved as a natural.

Whats your current length? APL (layered)

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Natural...playing with the idea of heat styling

Mixture of all. I take vitamins, I protective style maybe about 1/4 of the year and I straightened about 6 times a year (don't know if that is low heat to some of yall, but it is too me!)

Focus on my hair being healthier, when I get to BSL, I will get trims until my hair is U shaped full BSL, then I will swang it for a while then hide it again.

youwillrise

im in! will answer questions when i get on the regular computer. wont post photo until dec 31ish...

Sent from my Eris using Eris

youwillrise

i dont really want to say a specific date or month. just aiming for 2012.

this will be my first time getting to bsl.

front is chin length ("bangs"), sides are collarbone-ish, back is apl-ish

natural.

*Regimen updated January 13, 2012*

i'm using all natural products (no chemicals, silicones, plastics, etc). bentonite clay for cleansing...natural/sulfate free shampoos when I feel like it, ao conditioners (honeysuckle rose, white camellia & gpb), oils galore. dc once or twice a week. rinse & condition everyday except dc days (do this using a stocking cap so as not to disturb my style too much). wearing my hair in large twists or braids that I do in the shower and pin up. Wear for 4 to 7 days before redoing. finger detangling when removing twists/braids. no combs/brushes.

i wont do anything too special...except for run through the house screaming? i'll probably just keep working to get to mbl.

Last edited:

Solitude

Eh...let's go for February 14th :look: #random! Seriously, I hope by Summer '12

I have never been BSL. APL is the longest my hair has ever been in my life, that I can remember. I have cut/trimmed several times this year to maintain healthy ends and get rid of wispy-looking ends.

My current length is just short of APL...it's in my siggy.

I'm texlaxed.

• rollersets
  • deep conditioning with every wash
  • frequent dusting
  • daily moisturizing
  • avoiding wet styling and braidouts (though I love them - they cause tangles)
  • Protective styles that keep my ends smooth
  • I already eat well, drink water and I take iron and calcium supplements

I will purchase myself a Pibbs. If I already have one by then, I'll buy some new hair toys. I'll also jump for joy and post pictures!

Picture will be added, but for now...the one in my siggy will do. It was taken the first week in September.

Last edited:

GroovyMama

December 31, 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? This will be my first time being BSL

SL

Natural

Clarify 1x every 4-6 weeks
Aphogee Protein 1x every 6 weeks
Prepoo with EVOO
Shampoo every 7-10 days
DC over night on shampoo days
Braids or twists until BSL
Moisturize and seal daily
Hair Vitamins daily
Sleep in satin bonnet/satin wrap

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Flat iron AND swang it until I get whiplash; then fall back to reality to make my goal of MBL

Attachments

• hair 12.30.jpg
    hair 12.30.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Seamonster

What is your goal date for BSL? I am thinking Full BSL will happen by Sept to December with regular trims. I expect to have a few hairs at BSL January or March with Trims. Getting that crown swinging is the issue.

This will be my first time being BSL

SL to APL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? Protective styling, no heat, vitamins, growth aids

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Treat myself to a roller set, flat iron, blow out and swang it til I get whiplash. My BSL haul is going to make you scream. :bdance: I am going to buy a roller set, flat iron, steamer, hooded dryer, and blowdryer.Do a video response to Shima, my hair guru, just swinging and booty popping. Oh, and I am going to throw a hair party and invite all my hair friends. Then focus on MBL and WL.

ETA: Whew hew, I am swinging with the big dogs up in here. So happy to get here. I will add my picture at my length Check for December 2011

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

I'm goin' in :sekret:

Dec 1, 2012

Never been BSL. I was just CBL and had a setback. I was neck length until I turned 19. When I got to collarbone at 22, I thought I was the s**t!:cool2: I was brushing CBL til about June this year (signs I was losing length). By August, I was barely brushing shoulder. I cut an inch and a half in August. My hair grew about an inch and 3/4 and now, I'm back on track. :cycle:

Brushing Shoulder

Relaxed

Stretching, Iron, Diatomaceous Earth, DCing, Ceramides, Homemade Amla oil, Sulfur Treatments, Mud Washing, Overnight Keratin Treatments, Baggying with JBCO, Dusting very sparingly and following my wash day regimen to a 'T'

Rent a convertible... I don't care if it's Thanksgiving. :look:

Last edited:

MsDee14

I would like to join this challenge! :grin:

June 2012
I would like my shortest areas such as my sides and crown to at least touch my bra-strap!

BSL will be the longest my hair ever been.
I started this journey at neck length in June 2009 and BSL is my final length goal. I feel like that is the longest I would want to handle and it's long enough for me.

Full APL but my crown is only a little past SL due to breakage.

Relaxed

Henna or Henna Gloss- Monthly
Bi-weekly- Prepoo/Wash/Deep Condition/Airdry
Protective Style 90% of the time- Either buns, braids, cornrows and twists
Dust with split-ender every 6 weeks
Dust with Shears to even up ends every 8-10 weeks
Trim every 6-8 months
I only use Direct heat 2-3 times a year
Stretch my relaxer 4 months
Take MSM and Biotin Daily
Sulfur Mix at least 3 times a week

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat
urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)
First thing I will do is take some professional pics. :grin:
And I will maintain that length by trimming every relaxer for thicker ends

The attached pic was actually taken today. I lightly flat-ironed my hair on 285 degrees.
This is my nape area..so like the first 2 rows I flat-ironed.

Attachments

• flat iton 10_1.jpg
    flat iton 10_1.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Beverly Ann Properties

I was waiting for this challenge. I am in.

What is your goal date for BSL? July 2012. My 4 year natural anniversary.

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? This will be the longest my hair has ever been!

Whats your current length? APL/Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? Protective styling like crazy, Updos, no heat and wigs.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? My goal was once I reached BSL was to buy me a new car. I have been saving my money for this event.:grin:

My regimen: Once a week. Prepoo with coconut oil for 1 hour or over night. Shampoo with Elucence moisture benefits shampoo. Deep condition with heat, Elucence moisture balancing conditioner. Once a month deep condtion with a protein conditioner, either Elucence extended moisture repair treatment or Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor.
Rinse, detangle and apply Curl Free Curl, Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie braid up hair in 4 sections and air dry.

Attachments

• May 26 2011 Stretch.JPG
    May 26 2011 Stretch.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

ProtectiveStyling

I've been waiting for someone to start this challenge for the longest! :grin:

July 2012, right before my family reunion so i can show off all my natural hair :grin: Especially since everyone was disappointed when i chopped off my BSL relaxed hair.

I want my hair back to the length it was before i went natural, which was BSL and the longest ive ever been. YET im not stopping here... i plan to let my hair grow as long as it can or atleast MBL.

Not sure, ive been in a sew in for 7 weeks now but last time i checked my longest layer was 1.5 inches away from APL. My sides and shortest layers were exactly collar bone length.

90 percent natural. my sides still have perm on the ends which i REFUSE to cut .. gotta keep my length:lachen: I havent had a perm since May 2009 & has successfully chopped away perm month by month without the BC.

Ive learned that im tooooo lazy to keep up my twist outs and ALWAYS doing length checks or heat... so now i plan on wearing sew ins and wigs. With wigs i plan on getting my hair braided once a month or every 3 weeks along with shampoo & wash & over night deep conditioning. Also spray oils (olive oil, coconut oil, tea tree, shea butter, ect.) on the braids every other day. Right now with my sew in i wash and condition every 2 weeks with a spray bottle. use braid spray every now & then. I just dnt have the time anymore to cowash and do twist outs that much so hopefully this helps!

First in line at the salon to get this hair layed! imma be whipping my hair like im crazy, bouncing with every step i take just to make my hair move like its windy :grin: i will finally have that length i can slap ppl in the face with if i turn aroun to fast!! :yep:

After all that :lol: i plan to keep growing and have healthy hair! MBL next :drunk:

prettybyrd

I'm going to join. Knowing that I'm going to have to do several trims to get rid of this damaged hair, I won't make WL in 2012, but I'm sure that I'll make BSL.

I would like to make BSL by June 16, 2012. That will make a year from the day that I got my hair heat damaged. And if all goes well, and I am able to retain all that I grow :)pray:) I will be getting about 6 more inches of hair.

This will be my first time wearing my natural hair this long. Usually, it starts to break off around SL. I want to do whatever I can to continue to grow it healthy and to a good length.

I'm between CBL and APL.

I am natural - but I have several inches of perfectly straight hair in the front and at the nape from heat damage in June. I'm not going to cut it all off, because it isn't damaged all over, so I'm gong to try and "transition" from heat damaged hair to healthy hair. I'm just gong to trim as necessary.

From the 2 inches in 4 months thead:
What's your regimen?
1. Cleanse (shampoo) once a week
2. Co-wash 2-3 times per week
3. DC once a week
4. Daily/nightly moisturizing and sealing ends
5. Protective style (buns and plaits)What Products are you using?

Shampoo: Taliah Waajid Black Earth Shampoo
Conditioner: LP Organic Honey and Vanilla Smoothie, Darcey's Botanicals Daily Cleansing Conditioning Cream, Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner (I love conditioners!)
Moisturizer: LP Fresh Cream
Seal: Grapeseed oil, JBCO
Deep treatment: DB Hair mask
Gel: Eco styler - Pink

Right now I'm wearing french braids everyday. I was wearing buns too, but not as frequently as braids.

I won't be using heat for a year in 2012, so I think that the treat for obtaining BSL will be doing an air-dried rod set and watching my hair blow in the breeze.:lachen:

***I will use my ending pic from the 2 inches in 4 months forum on Dec. 31 at the starting pic for this challenge.

tdwillis

I am in! I really want to do this. Here are my answers while I search for a pic.

I have never been BSL before and I have always been told that my hair would never reach that length, even by stylists. I have seen great progress in the past couple of months, so now I think it is possible.

CL Length

Natural

I will hide my hair under wigs. On this site, it is a protective style, but in my real life, I am lazy and trying to keep things together with a husband and two kids.
I plan to wash and deep condition once a week.
Every six weeks I will get a Paul Mitchell Awapuhi treatment at the local beauty school.
Absolutely no cutting and no heat (OK, I may get a light blow-out at best).

Let DH play with it and probably get pregnant again......

g.lo

Let's do it!!! :grin:

Yep, its about that time, 2011 is winding down, time to get ready for 2012 goals. :yep: So lets get it popping!

Alright, ya'll know the drill by now, answer the questions and post a pic if you are down. I know some people like to use BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) instead of BSL (Bra Strap Length), so that's cool as well.

**You can post a starting pic now or at least post one before Jan 1, 2012. If you plan to use BSL as your length goal, I would suggest choosing a bra right now that u will wear for update pics for consistency**

Updates (if possible, I know some people will be in hide your hair type challenges) will be--
Jan 1 (starting pic)
April 30
August 31
December 31

...but also feel free to check in/update progress any time in between.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challengers:
Imani
Soquin
tasha5951
SmilingElephant
faithVA
chickle
youwillrise
Solitude
GroovyMama
Seamonster
JeterCrazed
MsDee14
Beverly Ann Properties
IndifinableJoli
prettybyrd

Saving my space, i am not doing any lenght check till dec11! will be back in january with starting pic and regimen!:blush::blush:

indarican

I would love to join..im in the process of transitioning...about ten months in. When I hit 18 months... I will be cutting all my relaxed ends off. So hopefully I will still be able to make it to ball by the end of the year 2012. Right now my hair is in a weave so I can't take pictures but I will be updating in january! I have never made it past sl in my entire life so getting to bsl would be a blessing.

ADD ME TO THAT LIST!!!!

Sent from my MB860 using MB860

FlawedBeauty

Im in!! :grin:

Sometime December 2012 :look:

BC'd over a yr ago from about BSL, realized natural wasn't for me and relaxed again earlier this yr. Now trying to get my length back.

Few inches from APL

Relaxed

Very low manipulation, trying to stretch my relaxer, no flat irons, DC twice a month.

Focus on me next goal of MBL :spinning:

Will post a pic in January since I am currently in the HYH challenge til Dec 31. :yep:

Kamilla16

Count me in!

What is your goal date for BSL?I would love to make BSB by my birthday in June 2012.
What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? My hair has never been past APL... I have an ultimate goal of MBL if I make APL like anticipated in Dec. then BSB/BSL is the next step!

Whats your current length? I'm about 1-2" from APL with shorter layers in front.

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?Relaxed- stretching relaxers every 10-12 weeks

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? K.I.S.S.- washing 1x week and DC. Plan to moisture and seal daily, and protective style with half-wigs in the winter.

Majestye

Hi I'm in!

What is your goal date for BSL? I suppose the ultimate date would be December 31, 2012, but I would like to reach it by October 1st.

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? (ie. This will be your first time ever being BSL; You were BSL but had a setback, or BC’d or chopped it off for a style and want it back again; You were BSL back in the day and now trying to achieve it again, etc.) I have never been BSL.

Whats your current length? I guess it would be shoulder length? Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Texlaxed

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc...) I am going to be doing all of the above. Weave during the winter, wngs during the warmer months. Texlaxing only 3-4 times a year, and henna & buxus treatments to cover my grays.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc) I will let it swang for a hot minute! ...then back on track toward MBL.

Attachments

• 1317846278158.jpg
    1317846278158.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

LivingDol1

What is your goal date for BSL? Dec 31st. lol. I am not going to try to rush my poor hair.

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? I wore braids for 8 years. When I finally took them out, I was BSL. but with relaxing and trimming and experimenting with ways to manage my hair, it's back to APL. I'm having dryness issues, so I'm trying to return to what did work the best out of all methods, which was roller setting.

Whats your current length? APL.

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Transitioning.

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc) I will plan to wash my hair once a week. I can do my set in 40 minutes and sit under the dryer for 2 hours. I will DC or do a protein treatment every week. When I get lazy or feel like I need a trim, I will go to my salon to get a set and a trim. i'm taking a multi-vitamin twice a day now. I will add folic acid to my vitamins. I'm also planning to order some Alter Ego products for my breakage issues. I will also keep my hair up in a side bun or a high bun... or any other creative protective style that I can come up with.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc) I will stay disciplined. I just want my hair back to where I know it can be. MBL would be nice but I'm just going to try to get here first before I get ahead of myself!

Last edited:

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
*Macho Man Randy Savage voice* "OOOH YEAH!!"

Barring any setbacks October 2012

I don't know, I think I may have been BSL when I first relaxed at 12yo but I'm not sure. I want to see if BSL straight hair still shrinks up to SL kinky-curly hair. :lachen:
Grazing APL after a scissor happy episode earlier this year.
Natural

Low manipulation. For me that could mean bunning, lage twists, or wng. My hair doesn't do well with twisting/braiding multiple times in one week.
I wash and deep condition 1x per week, protein treatment 1x per month, and rarely use heat.

I'm not sure. I think I'll probably go for MBL, or maybe see what a BSL "U" cut looks like.

I will post pics at the end of December. Let's get it ladies!!

Last edited: