BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
My hair looks at big frizzy bush. Work has been crazy so I've been neglecting my hair. I was gonna try to cowash it tonight, but I really exhausted. I ran out of my fav moisturizer, so I made a moisturizer mix that prettywitty77, makes for her hair (water, glycerin and Herbal essence hello hydration conditioner). My hair still felt dry. I'm going to continue with the mixture until I re-purchase my moisturizer.

My biggest problem are my shed hairs. I seem to ALWAYS, finger detangle throughout the day; while at work, watching TV, driving etc... Just today, I was in my hair and instead of gently removing this knot in the back of my head, I ripped it out.

jennwantslonghurr

I washed and trimmed my hair with the split ender a little while ago. I think I will trim every two months until I notice I can go longer without. Usually, I wait until 6 months or even 8 like last time smh.

Today my hair felt a little dry. So, I decided to add a little oil to my hair before showering and used a processing cap without the shower cap.
My hair is now so soft! I used apricot oil and a little jojoba oil mix. I think I needed a little steam so the oil can actually penetrate.

jennwantslonghurr

Beamodel I think once you mentioned you dc your hair 2x a week. Is that without washing 2x a week? I think I understand a little better now. Is it similar to cowashing but dc makes sure it's penetrated and not coated? Are you l.p.? Or normal to l.p.?
Tia

jennwantslonghurr

I ran out of my fav moisturizer, so I made a moisturizer mix that prettywitty77, makes for her hair (water, glycerin and Herbal essence hello hydration conditioner). My hair still felt dry. I'm going to continue with the mixture until I re-purchase my moisturizer.

Maybe you can try adding a little oil to the mix? There are lots of recipes online for ideas to tweak her li. It didn't agree with me either but personally I think it's the corn oil in hh.

MizzBFly

Thanks sis! @ckisland

Pisces is where it's at! And you know this. :)

WOW!! Happy Belated!!!

so many Piscean ladies in one BSL/MBL :grin:

I celebrated my bday on the 2nd(another Pisces in the house) and was due for a length check, I'm going to wait until May and see what happens.

Im trying to not stay pressed yall :look:

ImanAdero

Dang ladies we got like 3 more weeks until our 1st update, that came fast.

Wow. Maybe I should put my hair away for 3 weeks... I gotta figure out a style or something to do. I'm bored with my hair right now and I know I need some kind of semi-long term protective style.

Maybe I'll so marley twists or big Senegalese twists...

Guinan

Re-Branding
Went to Sally's this morning & bought some curl enhancing smoothie & Eco gel. Did y'all know that Sally's now sells Mizani products!!!:love::weird::love:

I'm currently tshirt drying my hair. My hair feels soooooo dry & I hd LOTS of breakage:nono: I cowash with HE naked moisture cleanse conditioner. My hair feels so much better after using it. I'm going to DC for 30 on heat & then braid it for a braidout 2morrow:lick:

I'm excited about the LC coming up growbaby. I was wondering when our LC was coming up.

isawstars, I'm thinking about straightening my hair for this upcoming LC, because I'm afraid of seeing lots of breakage & not knowing it. Prior to you straightening, did you do regular dustings? Do you know what could of caused the breakage?

Have any of y'all ladies done long stretches of not using heat or LC & had success; like minimum breakage?

isawstars

isawstars, I'm thinking about straightening my hair for this upcoming LC, because I'm afraid of seeing lots of breakage & not knowing it. Prior to you straightening, did you do regular dustings? Do you know what could of caused the breakage?

Have any of y'all ladies done long stretches of not using heat or LC & had success; like minimum breakage?

pelohello
No, I didn't do regular dustings before flat ironing. I had a dry trim in December and that's it... I might get a trim at Great Clips this weekend if I don't make an appointment at a salon. I'm kinda strapped on cash this month... I swear, it's everyone's birthday this month!

I'm 90% positive my breakage is from not moisturizing my edges + constantly smoothing it back. I don't use a brush or anything... Just my hands and a scarf! I recently purchased Oyin's hair dew to replace moisturizing with Wen. I think my edges need something heavy duty. I wanted Darcy's Botanical Transitioning cream but I think $9 for shipping ONE 8oz bottle ($12) is ridiculous. I need to order more products to make it worth it.

In college, I transitioned from relaxed to texlaxed using sew ins and it was very sucessful. I'm thinking about installing one eventually.

Pelohello, have you officially decided you're going natural? Will this be your first transition?

Guinan

Re-Branding
pelohello
No, I didn't do regular dustings before flat ironing. I had a dry trim in December and that's it... I might get a trim at Great Clips this weekend if I don't make an appointment at a salon. I'm kinda strapped on cash this month... I swear, it's everyone's birthday this month!

I'm 90% positive my breakage is from not moisturizing my edges + constantly smoothing it back. I don't use a brush or anything... Just my hands and a scarf! I recently purchased Oyin's hair dew to replace moisturizing with Wen. I think my edges need something heavy duty. I wanted Darcy's Botanical Transitioning cream but I think $9 for shipping ONE 8oz bottle ($12) is ridiculous. I need to order more products to make it worth it.

In college, I transitioned from relaxed to texlaxed using sew ins and it was very sucessful. I'm thinking about installing one eventually.

Pelohello, have you officially decided you're going natural? Will this be your first transition?

I haven't decided yet. I've transitioned for 7mths when I was in highschool. Idk want I want 2do yet. Part of me want to stay texlax & part of me want 2 go back 2 natural. I'm so undecided:(

isawstars

I haven't decided yet. I've transitioned for 7mths when I was in highschool. Idk want I want 2do yet. Part of me want to stay texlax & part of me want 2 go back 2 natural. I'm so undecided:(

pelohello

I'm totally with ya! Last week I said I'd just transition and become a "heat trained" natural. But today I called a stylist to get a texlax. She didn't answer though, so that gives me time to change my mind again :lol:

kinky curlygenie

Hey! You all know I don't do challenges but I really really hope this is the year I reach MBL. I am so sick and disgusted of short hair. Regimen is here: http://aceey.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/my-hair-regimen-for-2014/

You and me both I feel that I have been sick just above BSL like forever and I wear my bra quite low mbl this year would be awesome :)

Here is what I'm working with ; ( I've managed to stop the shredding but have since put my hair back into weave lol I do need to invest in some new hair products. I like the heavier moisterisers that weigh my hair down a but not found anything just yet

Pics are a rough lc , sorry about the angle and quality as on my phone. It doesn't let me change the angle no matter how much I rotate it :(

ForumRunner_20140314_235542.jpg

ForumRunner_20140314_235734.jpg

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm soooooo bored today. No plans and no money until pay day. So I decided that I am going to hit the gym and then come back home and do my hair. I think I'll install some curl formers too. I'm going to use the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie to set the curls. I had planned on DC on sunday but I'm going to do it today. I hate installing curlformers on a Sunday.

Any hair plans this weekend?

Angel of the North

pelohello I am about to hit the showers for my weekly hair routine. I can't wait for LC day, I hope I retained something worthwhile.

I'm starting to get excited about the upcoming LC too, I should definitely be able to claim BSL by then but I'm pretty sure that will mean that I would've already passed MBL (low sitting bra; small torso).

isawstars

pelohello

Today's supposed to be wash day but feeling some kind of awful... My roommate just got over strep, I really hope that's not what I'm getting.

My hair is still straight from last Saturday. I curled them with satin rollers last night but I'm just lounging around the house with my scarf on. If I go out to the store or something I will wear a curly, high pony tail with a banana clip.... then back to my scarf!

I'm so upset I'm sick, my thesis is due Monday :wallbash:

kinky curlygenie

pelohello

Today's supposed to be wash day but feeling some kind of awful... My roommate just got over strep, I really hope that's not what I'm getting.

My hair is still straight from last Saturday. I curled them with satin rollers last night but I'm just lounging around the house with my scarf on. If I go out to the store or something I will wear a curly, high pony tail with a banana clip.... then back to my scarf!

I'm so upset I'm sick, my thesis is due Monday :wallbash:

Hopefully a good night's sleep will do the trick :) hope you feel better

Guinan

Re-Branding
isawstars, I hope you feel better too. I had strep throat when I was in college and it was no joke. If you notice white pulps in the back of your throat, you should see a doctor.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I didn't feel like doing my hair yesterday and I don't think I will be doing my hair today. I just don't feel like it. So I think for the rest of this week, I will be wearing my old braidout with a headband and the length of the hair clipped in the back. After I came back from the gym yesterday, I was exhausted.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Changed my mind. Currently DC. Will DC for 2hrs. I found a sewing measuring tape & did a mini LC. I'm 12/13 inches all around (except for my bangs). I need 2b 16in for MBL. Being that close pushed me out of my laziness.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^You're almost there pelohello

I think my length checks will be in April, August, and December. I don't know why I'm not so into these length checks anymore. I don't feel like my hair growing. :lol:

Angel of the North

^^You're almost there pelohello

I think my length checks will be in April, August, and December. I don't know why I'm not so into these length checks anymore. I don't feel like my hair growing. :lol:

Froreal3 those are my LC months too, I relax around those times and find it easier to do my LCs on the day. I always feel like my hair is not moving but I think I've overcome some sort of hurdle, the last time I got my TU my stylist had to sit down to trim my ends, I left the salon knowing that I had had some sort of increase in length. I felt like I had been cutting off my progress but now I can see the light lol, that's why I've started to get excited about the LCs again, I can't wait to see where I'm at or how far I am from WL :drunk:

isawstars I hope you feel better and are able to complete your work, studying is can be difficult at the best of times without adding any ailments.