BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

jprayze

Spring Equinox 3/19 and 3/20...are we trimming?!? Ughhhhh I don't even know if I can get my hair trimmed today or tomorrow. We will see.

ImanAdero

Spring Equinox 3/19 and 3/20...are we trimming?!? Ughhhhh I don't even know if I can get my hair trimmed today or tomorrow. We will see.

I trimmed in January. I should trim again, but I'm not going to until at least the end of April and just baby the ends of my hair.

Also I started taking biotin again! Hopefully it does my hair much good. I'm trying to gain some more length! I'm really hoping I can be like 2 inches from WL by June so even if I trim/cut it back a little bit, I'll be still good to get 3 inches by December.

Plus I'm not trimming before the LC ::look:: lok

Jace032000

I too trimmed in January---and am not up for trimming again (although my hair could probably use another good trim).

jprayze

I too trimmed in January---and am not up for trimming again (although my hair could probably use another good trim).

I'm another January trimmer, so I don't need a substantial trim now.

I'm going to take a LC pic tonight and we will go from there.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm another January trimmer, so I don't need a substantial trim now.

I'm going to take a LC pic tonight and we will go from there.

Sadly I had to take off 2 inches in January too, needed more off and decided to wait until the spring equinox. I had initially planned to dust only but I had to even out my hemline. It looks much better and I can probably wear my hair down again without seeing that darn big hole in the middle of my hemline. Texlaxing did a doozy...yes I said it, a doozy on my hair.

growbaby

I relaxed today! No LC pics just yet but check my BSB wet pony ladies!! I'm too excited image-2016999305.jpg

It's not even a low pony **hair flip** lol

mywinborne

I broke down and ponytailed rollerset and flat ironed my hair. I know it's uneven, one side always grows longer. And it's kinda forked in the middle. Oh well. Here's some pics

image-1079616723.jpg
Forgot to take pic w rollers... Here's after the came out. Ponytails still in.

image-3185031386.jpg

Combed out.

image-1456298658.jpg

Flat ironed and bumped. Side view

image-3624980431.jpg

Back view, excuse the messy bathroom. I hope to get a trim soon to even it out.

isawstars

growbaby

looks great! I'm loving that pony! I can't wait til I get there.

The stylist FINALLY called me back. I actually gave up on her and was thinking about calling another salon but I've been looking at the "straight haired naturals" thread for a bit.... I told myself I'd just commit to that now that I understand it, but then the lady called me for an appointment and was like OKAY! :lol:

I need a trim too but I'm kinda nervous. This will be my first time with her and I hope she isn't scissor happy. I guess that why I'd like to return to being natural because I have "more" control over it. But it looks like she has long haired clients which is probably a good sign.

In another news I co washed yesterday and did a wash n go, "puff." I did a lazy pre-bed prep via 4 parts, 4 braids. I used the Oyin's hair dew... although I like it, the smell seems stronger than I recall it being 4 years ago. I don't think I'll reorder it--too sweet and it doesn't dissipate.

growbaby

Thank you for the compliments ladies!

So here's my LC 11 days early. I did a sad attempt at a roller set silk wrap, my hair got to about what I would call blow dry straight. Though it is very soft :) .. Everything is pointing to me being about 1 inch from MBL. Last time I reached it I claimed it at the 8 on my LC shirt, the 11in mark on the measuring tape when I measure the full length of my back, and when my hair was 16 inches. Wellllll I'm at the 7 on the shirt, 10 on the tape, and measuring 15inches :) ... ONE MORE INCH :yep:

image-4248619671.jpg

image-1873381434.jpg

ETA: I've been determined to get an inch a month, I was measuring at 13in on January 12th :) now at 15in march 20th. Looks like I got my inches!

Tderham1314

Thank you for the compliments ladies!

So here's my LC 11 days early. I did a sad attempt at a roller set silk wrap, my hair got to about what I would call blow dry straight. Though it is very soft :) .. Everything is pointing to me being about 1 inch from MBL. Last time I reached it I claimed it at the 8 on my LC shirt, the 11in mark on the measuring tape when I measure the full length of my back, and when my hair was 16 inches. Wellllll I'm at the 7 on the shirt, 10 on the tape, and measuring 15inches :) ... ONE MORE INCH :yep:

View attachment 251079

View attachment 251081

ETA: I've been determined to get an inch a month, I was measuring at 13in on January 12th :) now at 15in march 20th. Looks like I got my inches!
Great length!! How do you grow an inch per month?? I have like 5 inches to go for MBL and 7 more inches overall I just don't want to have to wait 2 & 1/2 years! Your hair seems to be in great condition!

jprayze

Here's my LC! For the last month, I wore my hair straight, which seems to have been a problem for me. I flat ironed twice, but it wasn't the heat! It's the fact that I use so little product on my hair and scalp when it's straight. I'm trying to maintain the body and the oils just flatten it out and make it lump. I'm kinda disappointed with my LC and it makes me see how important my liquid gold sulfur oil is to my consistent growth.

Anyway here goes!!! Looks like I've got an inch since Jan. 4 in 2.5 months. I need my growth aid!!! I'm at BSL again, but I'm disappointed at this LC...gotta hide my hair again. Then doing too much swangin'!

PS I didn't even trim yesterday :-(

From 11/30
image-1848779278.jpg

After trim

image-2264812060.jpg

Current LC

image-4142313875.jpg

jprayze

^^^I think I'm going to have to add some MN to my routine again. I have about 5 tubes! I haven't had any adverse affects.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Awesome Growth Ladies:yay::weird::yay:

I think I'll do my LC this weekend. It will have to be a pull LC, since I'm not using heat. I did a mini LC last week (I forgot to take pics) and I measured at 12-13inches. I'm alittle confused at wear MBL falls on me. I measured my back yesterday and it appears that WL on me will be 19-20inches. So I just assumed that MBL on me is around 15-16inches. BTW, I'm 5'2. Does that sound right ladies??

jennwantslonghurr

Awesome Growth Ladies:yay::weird::yay:

I think I'll do my LC this weekend. It will have to be a pull LC, since I'm not using heat. I did a mini LC last week (I forgot to take pics) and I measured at 12-13inches. I'm alittle confused at wear MBL falls on me. I measured my back yesterday and it appears that WL on me will be 19-20inches. So I just assumed that MBL on me is around 15-16inches. BTW, I'm 5'2. Does that sound right ladies??

I think that's about right lol. I'm 5 ft 3/4in. My hair behind my hair is 14in and well past my bra strap but 2.5 inches from the bottom of my sports bra... Which is a couple inches from my waist. If I measure from my crown, waist length is 21 inches to the dip of my back. So yea, hopefully as I continue to lose weight I'll have a more definite idea of where my waist is lol.

jennwantslonghurr

My hair grows so crazy... ugh so irritating! I have all kinds of crazy length ranges but when I trim it grow out crazy again. My right side in the front is 2 in longer than the left 16 to 14. My back is ridiculous. Why???

I'm not trimming anymore. I'll keep using the split ender until the end of the year and then use the Crea clip and cut across the bottom of my bra. There's no way I'm going further with any of these challenges until I get some uniformity.

GettingKinky

I found a way to be even more hair lazy. :)

I normally dry DC overnight with AOHSR + grapeseed oil the night before wash day. A few weeks ago I learned by accident that this mixture makes great braidouts. So now I apply some every night and braid my hair. So I'm DCing every night. I don't have to do anything before wash day. I'm so happy. I love being lazy. :)

jprayze

GettingKinky love that idea!

I'm 1.5 inches from MBL. Thought I would make it this LC, so I'm definitely shooting for June!

Currently getting a roller set at beauty school. Pics will follow, of course!

growbaby you never cease to inspire us!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
jprayze Soo pretty. You are giving me diva with that pic! She did great! She will be a great professional one day I'm sure.

Wish my hair would get straight from a rollerset. My hair be looking at me like, "Oh, you aint know? :look:"