BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

GettingKinky

So I'm seeing a few ladies using vitamins and such. What are you guys using and is it working for you? (Kinda feels like a question of the day :giggle: )

I used to take MSM 2000mg a day. I did that for over a year. I stopped in January for no particular reason and I haven't really noticed a difference.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
So I'm seeing a few ladies using vitamins and such. What are you guys using and is it working for you?

(Kinda feels like a question of the day :giggle: )

I take one hair vitamin (Priteva). The other slew of vitamins are for my general health...not my hair.

Fish oil, Glucosamine/Chondroiton/MSM, Prenatals, Probiotic Acidophilus, B-complex

NikkiQ

I take one hair vitamin (Priteva). The other slew of vitamins are for my general health...not my hair.

Fish oil, Glucosamine/Chondroiton/MSM, Prenatals, Probiotic Acidophilus, B-complex

How is the Priteva working? I've never heard of that one. I've been out of the loop so long lol

Beautifulwildflower

So I'm seeing a few ladies using vitamins and such. What are you guys using and is it working for you?

I was taking MSM 3,000mg for about a year or so. This year Biotin 2,000mg, have not been able to replenish my supply yet. Not sure which one worked better, tho. I would only know for sure if I used one at a time. DE and Bee Pollen I take for overall health as well as for my hair.

_______________________________________:rosebud:

~Current hair length: BSL first time Nov 2013!! WooHoo!!:woohoo2:

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Kinky Curly Natural

~Goal month: Goal reached for BSL in Dec. 2013; April 2014 for MBL

~Post a beginning picture: Starting Dec. 1, 2013. Updated pics mid January 2014

PureSilver

Yessssssssss added biotin to my list of vits. I'm just excited to see where i'll be at in a couple of months.. I usually get great results from biotin.

naturalagain2

I take New Chapter Whole Vitamins (Every Woman) very good vitamins!
MSM
Fish Oil
I say it's working for me with overall health. I can tell a difference if I miss for a few days. I have hardly any energy.

Angelicus

Everyone, I think I finally made it to BSL. I didn't have time to take a picture this morning after relaxing my hair. I did a big trim before relaxing so I really hope I made it. Will try to take pics tonight with the "length check" shirt from Njoy Essentials.

NikkiQ

Everyone, I think I finally made it to BSL. I didn't have time to take a picture this morning after relaxing my hair. I did a big trim before relaxing so I really hope I made it. Will try to take pics tonight with the "length check" shirt from Njoy Essentials.

:woot: can't wait to see Angelicus. I wish they had a little emoji that twerked lol

ImanAdero

To answer NikkiQ, I mentioned above I'm taking biotin. My nails are growing in fast and hard so hopefully this'll mean good things for my hair.

Angelicus

Yay! Go me! I looked at my hair in the mirror and it looked BSL. Then I put on my NjoyEssentials length check shirt and my hair stopped between 9-10 when pulled. Go me! Go me! :yay:

I want to rollerset tomorrow and then take pictures!

Tderham1314

Yay! Go me! I looked at my hair in the mirror and it looked BSL. Then I put on my NjoyEssentials length check shirt and my hair stopped between 9-10 when pulled. Go me! Go me! :yay:

I want to rollerset tomorrow and then take pictures!
Angelicus Congrats! I'm inching my way to BSL too lol! Hopefully we can all make MBL by December!

Jace032000

I'm on my first month of Hair Infinity--and within the first week I noticed sprouts of hair growing in areas of my scalp that have been vacant since High School. I'm not even done with the first month's bottle but I'm pretty sure I've reached an inch of NG. I'm in the Hair Infinity Challenge and I'm VERY strict on taking my vitamins daily. I also take pre-natal vitamins and fish oil (not for hair growth).

isawstars

Ladies...

I lost some length but I'm not even upset. I really needed a heavy trim. But what I am upset about is the fact that I went to San Francisco with my gorgeous styled hair and turned into HAM after 30 minutes in that windy, foggy city. smh. I didn't even take a picture beforehand because it was my first time at the salon and I felt self conscious about snapping a photo in front of her. I'm regretting it now though.

And for those curious, I didn't get a touch up. I'm still not sure about going natural OR continuing to be texlaxed. I have, however, decided I am going to take a break from stylists for a while and return to cutting my own hair like before. Not only to save money, but to regain control. I think I can still reach BSL by the end of the year.

I'm inbetween CBL and APL now.... :ohwell: Oh well. On the plus side, my hair is silky straight for my 2nd date on Monday night.

BTW, ya'll need to stop tempting me with these hair vitamins. I'm paranoid about putting synthetic/unknown things in my body but ya'll make it seem worth it...... :look:

Duchess007

Here's my March LC pic! I'm at line 7 on my shirt, so I did get a little bit of growth. I think 8 is MBL on me.

image-2524780961.jpg

Thinking of doing crochet braids or something for a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lami

Hi all!

Duchess007 your hair is so lovely :lick:

I was thinking about hair vitamins too, but I'm too worried about getting spots because my skin does some next level hyperpigmentation that is just fading from my happily departed teenage years.

I decided to mix up my style with some popping colours so I currently have platinum blonde/pink hair hair extensions in. It's not been like this since last summer so I'm gearing up for good weather!

Attachments

• tumblr_n393ruJZi51r5sarpo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n393ruJZi51r5sarpo1_500.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 101

NikkiQ

Greetingd from Puerto Rico ladies!!! Here will Tuesday on a much needed vacation. I'm surrounded by all my hair products I left behind when I moved and so tempted to cowash and do a wash n go. I'll have DH do a length check so I can be in on the next one with you ladies.

Trackrunnertt

~Current hair length: SL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natual
~Goal month: Dec 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices: wash hair once a week. Moisturize and deal with oil every night . I wouldn't be wearing weave anymore I feel it breaks me hair so I just wear pin ups and buns
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) I will be using Hairfinity and inversion to hopefully gain an inch a month
~Post a beginning picture

image-3315429692.jpg

cherishlove

Hi everyone I'm very hair lazy so it's not much to post. I am on track for MBL. I flat iron my hair every 2 weeks and only use paul mitchell line. HHG

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
:welcome: Trackrunnertt! You're gorgeous and so is your hair! Good luck with your hair goals.

As for me, I don't think Priteva has worked the way I wanted it to. :( I picked Priteva because it seemed to work without causing skin issues. Yes, I'm a slow grower, but I have only retained about an inch since the end of December. Nothing in my reggie has changed. That is with sulfur use as well. :angry2:

I'm going to switch to Manetabolism vitamins next. I will give them about two months. If I don't see anything over my typical Spring spurt, I will forget about the dedicated hair vitamins and just kim with my regla ol' vitamins and sulfur.

GettingKinky

Trackrunnertt your fro is awesome and you have a beautiful face.

I'm really on a braidout kick, but I need an anti frizz product. I have 2 serums chi silk infusion and loreal eversleek, a cone free serum. What do you all recommend? It's the rainy season and I need help.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^So I got the Manetabolism vitamins. I liked the ingredients. I'll see if Manetabolism helps in the next couple months. :crossfingers:

bronxchick

Candied Yam
Hey ladies,

I am air-drying in preparation for the flat iron to do my LC. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Why am I so nervous?!!!???!!!???