BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Jace032000

Thanks to my consistent moisturizing and sealing, my hair was was ridiculously moisturized. Like... It has never felt so soft yet strong during a wash day so I decided to flat iron my hair for the date. Andddd it was totally worth it. Putting extra moisturizer and a heavy oil on my hair the night before helped A LOT.

I felt sexy and I could tell it definitely boosted my confidence and flirtiness. I'm still looking forward to getting a trim on Friday.

@Jace032000 the date went extremely well! He took me to a really nice sushi restaurant and ordered SO MUCH FOOD--I guess he was trying to impress me. Afterwards we played pool (my suggestion) and we shared a steamy goodnight kiss :) He already asked me out ago for next Monday (it's his day off). Woohoo!

:dinner:

Gurrrllll I see you posted this at 0330 AM! LOL! Must've been a really good night. I'm so glad you had a really good time--and a follow-up date!!

isawstars

:woot: isawstars Good going! Did you take any pics...of your hurr for us? :look:

Froreal3 haha. Right when I was posing for a selfie, he called me saying he was almost at my place. Ya'll aren't missing out on much. I mean, it looks nice but these ends are holding back my hair's potential. I will post before and after photos on Friday when I get my trim. I'm never waiting 4 months to trim ever again!

isawstars

:dinner:

Gurrrllll I see you posted this at 0330 AM! LOL! Must've been a really good night. I'm so glad you had a really good time--and a follow-up date!!

Jace032000

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, if we're gonna get precise about it... I posted at 1:30am in my time zone. But I know, that's still pretty late for a first date. :drunk: Don't you worry, we were both on our best behavior... just didn't want the night to end, I guess.

coolsista-paris

Hi guys! I'm checking in! I haven't been on in a while. Dealing with life. Nothing bad. Anyway, I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to use some semi permanent purple on my hair to make my highlights purple. Well, I did that: http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/emmyrose420/media/purple-highlights4_zps8ff8b786.jpg.html This is how it looked after my first wash. It fades a lot more quickly than red does. It's very light now and will probably be gone before the end of April. The results never fully translated to pictures, but it did come out very well. I'm out of MSM. I'll prob order some this week. I am taking multivitamins currently. The back layer of my hair is grazing MBL which is great since I just did that shaping cut recently. I'm probably not going to do an official length check until June. Now I'm gonna go back and try to get caught up in this thread. :lol:

beautiful!

Jace032000

@Jace032000

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, if we're gonna get precise about it... I posted at 1:30am in my time zone. But I know, that's still pretty late for a first date. :drunk: Don't you worry, we were both on our best behavior... just didn't want the night to end, I guess.

You've got me rolling over here...my husband is over here looking at me like I'm crazy. :lachen: I'm really glad you had a nice time--can't wait for the hair pics!

ImanAdero

I dunno if I gave my actual LC photo in HERE.

I'm gonna go ahead and claim MBL. I might recant later and take it back if I get a bout of hairnorexia... But I'm gonna go ahead.

The tape measure is where my waist is.

Attachments

• image-2428583775.jpg
    image-2428583775.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 87

lamaria211

DCing overnight with Bee Mine DC trying to get my hair prepared to be ignored for a while after the new baby gets here

Duchess007

Welp. I haven't been on here in MONTHS due to a terrible end of year at work, which led to me looking for a new job. I have been in my current job for about a month and life is starting to settle down. Just in time for the next length check and I predict... no growth. LOL

I didn't henna my hair from December to last week and my hair was definitely showing it. Will do an official length check this weekend and I'm looking forward to lots of pretty hair pics from you ladies! In the meantime, I will be catching up by reading back over what I've missed since the beginning of the year.

Happy Hump Day! :)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm back girl! I have missed SO MUCH on this forum. I'm slowly making my way through the challenge, literally reading every page. You have been holding it together! :)

You must be about done with your Priteva now, right? What's the verdict?

Yay! I have done three months. 1 bottle left.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Duchess007

Hi guys! I'm checking in! I haven't been on in a while. Dealing with life. Nothing bad.

Anyway, I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to use some semi permanent purple on my hair to make my highlights purple. Well, I did that:

GORGEOUS! I loooove your curls.

Beautifulwildflower

Hi guys! I'm checking in! I haven't been on in a while. Dealing with life. Nothing bad.

Anyway, I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to use some semi permanent purple on my hair to make my highlights purple. Well, I did that:

This is how it looked after my first wash. It fades a lot more quickly than red does. It's very light now and will probably be gone before the end of April. The results never fully translated to pictures, but it did come out very well.

I'm out of MSM. I'll prob order some this week. I am taking multivitamins currently. The back layer of my hair is grazing MBL which is great since I just did that shaping cut recently. I'm probably not going to do an official length check until June.

Now I'm gonna go back and try to get caught up in this thread. :lol:

OMGoodness! BraunSugar, You hair looks amazing!!

_______________________________________:rosebud:

~Current hair length: BSL first time Nov 2013!! WooHoo!!:woohoo2:

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Kinky Curly Natural

~Goal month: Goal reached for BSL in Dec. 2013; April 2014 for MBL

~Post a beginning picture: Starting Dec. 1, 2013. Updated pics mid January 2014

jprayze

[USER=64213]Froreal3[/USER];19845081 said:
Yay! I have done three months. 1 bottle left. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4
We are all waiting to hear your results. I want to add another Vit to my regimen.

Hoping to make MBL by June!!!

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^I want MBL by June too jprayze. I was about 3 inches away at my last LC. I don't get average growth of 1/2" per month though...so let's hope this Priteva helped me get closer to average. I'm not looking for 1" per month like most ppl are with vitamins...I'd take 1/2" just fine! :lol:

g.lo

Hi all, I haven't been in this thread for donkey years. I have been having a love and hate relationship with my hair and finally decided to cut it. I will bow out the challenge.
I had a short Devacut.

Attachments

• image-3079719407.jpg
    image-3079719407.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2446922761.jpg
    image-2446922761.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

NikkiQ

Hi all, I haven't been in this thread for donkey years. I have been having a love and hate relationship with my hair and finally decided to cut it. I will bow out the challenge.
I had a short Devacut.

Very cute cut! Do you plan on maintaining it at that length or grow it out g.lo?

My order of Hairfinity has been shipped so watch out ladies! I'll be joining you soon and bombarding this challenge with daily posts again *insert evil laugh* :angeldevi

Last edited:

g.lo

Very cute cut! Do you plan on maintaining it at that length or grow it out g.lo? My order of Hairfinity has been shipped so watch out ladies! I'll be joining you soon and bombarding this challenge with daily posts again *insert evil laugh* :angeldevi

Hey NiqqiQ, no I won't keep it short. I will see the stylist again in 5 six months time for a trim ( unless my ends get bad before).
He made me promise not to cut, trim my own hair anymore and leave it to him, basically we are aiming for this shape (see pic) when my hair gets longer:.
I was really happy with the stylist, he knew what he was doing and used the deva curl products ( which I am thinking of buying, love it)

Attachments

• image-2291960979.jpg
    image-2291960979.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 55

GettingKinky

I have fallen in love with braidouts. And now that I seem to have found the right products and can do it with 2-3 braids this may become my staple style.

Attachments

• image-2216758590.jpg
    image-2216758590.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 75

Beautifulwildflower

I can almost taste it...

View attachment 251971

I'm with you on that one, :lol:! Your hair looks FULL and PRETTY!! I'm gonna try to hold out til June (fingers crossed - ok maybe May) before I do a length check. I did say by April I would Lck, but I want my 3" first!

_______________________________________:rosebud:

~Current hair length: BSL first time Nov 2013!! WooHoo!!:woohoo2:

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Kinky Curly Natural

~Goal month: Goal reached for BSL in Dec. 2013; April 2014 for MBL

~Post a beginning picture: Starting Dec. 1, 2013. Updated pics mid January 2014

Last edited:

NikkiQ

So I'm seeing a few ladies using vitamins and such. What are you guys using and is it working for you?

(Kinda feels like a question of the day :giggle: )