BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

oneastrocurlie

So I bought a curly wig and I LOVE it!! I think every time I get paid, I'm going to buy a wig. So far I have a straight and curly wig. I found a curly U-part wig for 20 bucks.

I'm committing to a no-heat personal challege until Jan 2015 and committing to monthly inversions.

I used the DEVA curl no-poo and conditioner again. The weirdest(sp) thing happened. I was in the shower and I was putting the conditioner in my hand and as I was pouring it into my hand, I got an electric shock. I mean a REAL shock where I saw a spark. Why the heck did that happen!!??! Has that happened to anyone before??

Maybe you have mutant powers?

isawstars

Hey Ladies! Just checking in... I got another install today. This time I did a small part instead of the U part. I'm using the same hair... so we shall see how this round goes. Hopefully I keep it in longer.

PureSilver

Now i'm on the journey to MBL and i'm really trying to get there before Jan 1st 2015. Oh lord the struggle. We'll see though. I'll be making changes to my regimen by the end of this month.

ImanAdero

I wish I could wash and go all the time without it wrecking havoc on my ends! My hair is super soft, pretty defined (going on day 3 hair!!!)

But alas, I can't keep this up all week...

So I think I'm going to get a new weave in September so I can retain some length by year's end.

I feel like I've been BSL/Approaching MBL forever and am not making any progress towards WL. Again, I'm not pressed for WL hair... But dang it, it was a goal lol. If I can be solidly MBL though, I'll be super happy.

sgold04

I SHOULD be MBL by the next time I straighten my hair in October (about 17" measured from my nape). I had a bad trim in June; when I measure my hair, one side looks to be about an inch shorter than the other, so I'm hoping I won't have to get too much cut in Oct. I wear my hair natural most of the time, so it's not noticeable now. My ends are really dry from a summer of WNG, so I'm thinking of maintaining at MBL for about 6 months so I can get regular trims, then I will start my final push to WL.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Now i'm on the journey to MBL and i'm really trying to get there before Jan 1st 2015. Oh lord the struggle. We'll see though. I'll be making changes to my regimen by the end of this month.

Do you know what kind of changes you will be making to your reggie?

If so, what are they:fan:

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hey Ladies! Just checking in... I got another install today. This time I did a small part instead of the U part. I'm using the same hair... so we shall see how this round goes. Hopefully I keep it in longer.

Any pics of the install? I was thinking about getting a sew-in next year. Is yours curly or straight?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I forgot to mention, I finally tried Giovanni Leave-In & that stuff is AMAZING!!!!!! It has officially replaced my 11.00 Allafia(sp) leave-in. What made me finally try it was my coworker kept saying how awesome it is and how her sister buys like 20 of them at a time. So I finally gave in and decided to purchase it.

isawstars

Any pics of the install? I was thinking about getting a sew-in next year. Is yours curly or straight?

I reused the same hair which was Bobbi Boss Ocean Wave. I'm kinda tired of the wave so I asked my stylist to flat iron it. Camera pic attached.

Attachments

• 1407791652406.jpg
    1407791652406.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 115

trendsetta25

trendsetta25 I'm sorry you're not happy with your progress. Have you been doing something new with your hair since your trim in Jan? If you're going to keep your hair braided/under a wig maybe you don't need to cut 3-4 inches yet. It might even out on its own.

Not really. It "may" be the bone straight relaxed hair breaking off. I've been texlaxing for almost 2 yrs now.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been doing good this week. I've been bagging and inverting all this week. I baggy for about 30min and then I invert. I dont like putting oil on my scalp everyday b/c it will make my hair too greasy.

AyannaDivine

Quick update,

Ladies my hair is falling out. I've been under a tremendous amount of stress lately, and believe its the reason for my hair loss. I was looking in the mirror this morning and noticed that my hairline has receded sooo much and it wasn't like that last week. It looks like someone just snatched a handful of hair on the front-left part of my head. I don't know what to do.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Quick update,

Ladies my hair is falling out. I've been under a tremendous amount of stress lately, and believe its the reason for my hair loss. I was looking in the mirror this morning and noticed that my hairline has receded sooo much and it wasn't like that last week. It looks like someone just snatched a handful of hair on the front-left part of my head. I don't know what to do.

Awwww no :hug2: ((((HUGS)))). Stress can be a monster. Is there any way that you can reduce your stress levels? Like maybe exercising more, yoga, meditation, medication or therapy.

To reduce the hairloss (shedding) maybe you can also try tea rinses, garlic or JBCO.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Quick update,

Aw AyannaDivine Hang in there! :hug2: We've all been there w/the stress. I agree with what pelohello suggested. Others have also had success with Lee Stafford Growth treatment. Not sure how it works, but it has stopped people's shedding.

AyannaDivine

Awwww no :hug2: ((((HUGS)))). Stress can be a monster. Is there any way that you can reduce your stress levels? Like maybe exercising more, yoga, meditation, medication or therapy.

To reduce the hairloss (shedding) maybe you can also try tea rinses, garlic or JBCO.

Aw AyannaDivine Hang in there! :hug2: We've all been there w/the stress. I agree with what pelohello suggested. Others have also had success with Lee Stafford Growth treatment. Not sure how it works, but it has stopped people's shedding.

Thanks ladies! I have quite a few bottles of JBCO ( 4 to be exact...dont judge me!) so I'll definitely start doing scalp massages with it. I've been lurking in the Cellfood thread and think I'm going to try a bottle and see if it helps with hair restoration as well.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Morning Ladies!!!

Any hair plans this weekend? I prepooed, washed and DC yesterday. I DC overnight. I plan on washing out my DC this morning. I usually prepoo with conditioners that I don't like but don't want to throw away b/c I paid money for it. Yesterday's prepoo was GuD, by burt's bees and it was the cherry blossom scented one. I prepooed for a couple of hours (I got distracted; I usually only prepoo for 15min) and I then washed my hair with Yes to Carrots moisturizing shampoo. I love the way the shampoo smells but it dries my hair out so much. I def wont be re-purchasing. I might use the shampoo as a hand soap. I'm still using my DC conditioner mix. I LOVE it. I wished I would have wrote down all the conditioners that I used for the mixture. But it's cool, the real purpose of me mixing my conditioners is to get rid of all the conditioners that I hated or that I only have alittle bit of. It's weird b/c alone some of these conditioners really suck, but together, they make this super duper conditioner. After using this mixture of conditioners, my hair feels soooo soft.

I haven't decided how I'm going to style my hair. I don't want to wear a wig this weekend so that I can give my hair a break. I might just wear a cute summer hat. Or I might wear a WnG for today and then twist it up tomorrow in preparation for my wig next week.

Last edited:

trendsetta25

Went to super cuts today to get my needed trim.

image-911184515.jpg

image-3650798532.jpg

image-407828481.jpg

Starting over again. Sucks I had to cut so much off but it's for the best. Back to wiggling it till Dec. hopefully I'm back to BSL. Healthy BSL

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello I'll be adding a few herbal supplements to my regimen taking 1 of each daily. I am hoping to get my fine hair stronger

I think supplements are a great way to enhance the quality of your hair. I think a lot of people under-estimate vitamins/supplements.

I plan on going back to adding chlorella back into my reggie. My skin and hair THRIVED!!! I didn't care for taking the pills (hard to explain it; it just felt weird), so what I did was open the capsules and added it to my smoothies or salads.

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello...I see your new siggy...you aint wanna tell nobody nothin, huh?

:spank:

:grin: I know; I'm still in disbelief myself:spinning:. But I'm def enjoying the simplicity(sp) of it. I can just wake up & go. I'm going to try to enjoy this length, cause I know as it gets longer it wont be that way.

I was looking at Taren Guy's(I know, I know:drunk:) youtube video of her hair journey and my goodness does her hair grow fast. I'm really going to start writing down how many inches my hair grows. Usually I can go from EL to APL in about 10-12mths. But here lately my hair growth has been slow; but I think its from my lifestyle.

Hopefully yall wont mind me staying in this challenge. I didnt want to join a new one until next year; b/c I'll have a more accurate length. I'll probably join the APL thread next year; if I don't cut my hair again or have a setback.

Last edited:

felic1

:grin: I know; I'm still in disbelief myself:spinning:. But I'm def enjoying the simplicity(sp) of it. I can just wake up & go. I'm going to try to enjoy this length, cause I know as it gets longer it wont be that way.

I was looking at Taren Guy's(I know, I know:drunk:) youtube video of her hair journey and my goodness does her hair grow fast. I'm really going to start writing down how many inches my hair grows. Usually I can go from EL to APL in about 10-12mths. But here lately my hair growth has been slow; but I think its from my lifestyle.

Hopefully yall wont mind me staying in this challenge. I didnt want to join a new one until next year; b/c I'll have a more accurate length. I'll probably join the APL thread next year; if I don't cut my hair again or have a setback.

pelohello Maybe I should look at Taren Guy's video too!

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello Maybe I should look at Taren Guy's video too!

I really like her videos. Her short hair series are really helpfull to me as far as styling & assesories(sp). I just cater it to my hair texture. I feel like I have every hair texture; all of the 4's and some 3's (more like 1-2 strands:lol:) But I'm not gonna officially type my hair yet until it grows alittle more. It's difficult for me, to tell at this stage. When I was natural before I thought it was in the 3's, but now I know that, that was heat damage and not a curl pattern:lachen:. Right now my hair is frizzy w/ curls only on the ends.:spinning:

Last edited: