Continuing Boadicea's Bun/chignon challenge

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
Re: Continuing Boadicea\'s Bun/chignon challenge

y'all probably know this by now, but the september essence has some really nice buns in it.

Mahalialee4

Count me in ladies. Look out Yvette!!!!& Pier Bolton!!!
Bonjour

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

I am so tempted to join this challenge now that my braids are out. I just don't know yet. I failed on the last challenge and only made it about 6 months.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I am so tempted to join this challenge now that my braids are out. I just don't know yet. I failed on the last challenge and only made it about 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure we all slip every once in awhile. Just as long as you don't slip for 2 weeks , a month or more ... lol

Come on ... join us.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure we all slip every once in awhile. Just as long as you don't slip for 2 weeks , a month or more ... lol

Come on ... join us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, what am I getting myself into!! I will start next week!

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on ... join us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, what am I getting myself into!! I will start next week!

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see you next week

KinksnCurlz

i'm in. I've been bunning since last year anyway

So, to clarify, for special occasions, i can wear my hair out, correct?

I think what would really help the bun 'challenged' is by creating a separate topic (that can be tacked to the top) that shows various pics of buns (albums, ads, whatever). That would make the challenge more interesting and give us some ideas

kisz4tj

A year went by fast....what were Boadicea's results?

asummertyme

well, im in also...there is a possibility that i will do other protective styles, such as braids...
but im in...

mytia

SuperWoman!

Even though I'm getting a little bit of a late start I'm in on this one too.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

i have been off and on the bun challenge because wearing a bun all the time would get boring to me. i have decided to do the bun thingy when i have a lotta new growth which is usually 2-3 months after getting a touch-up. when i have a lotta new growth, my hair doesnt look right when i wear it down.

model_chick717

I've decided to join--but a modified version...I only plan on wearing my hair bun'd/french-rolled for at least 5 days out of the week for the next 3 months--hey ya gotta crawl before you walk! Wish me luck and happy bun-ing ladies!

Leslie_C

I like that idea model chick
I think even I could commit to that.

would a french braid count too even without the braid tucked under? I think its the same concept as cornrows except its one big one. That style is more flattering than a bun on me, especially with a little hair out in the front.

Faith

I'll join. I'll have to expose my ends in November, December and May. But I'm in.
I have to find some way to get to my waist.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
I'll join. I'll have to expose my ends in November, December and May. But I'm in.
I have to find some way to get to my waist.

[/ QUOTE ]

We should start a "WAIST LENGTH HAIR CHALLENGE". Hmmmmmm,

Faith

I was thinking that too. Why don't we? Wanna? Huh? Huh?
How much more before you hit waist length? I see a b.s one going but I've past that so I need the next step.

model_chick717

I am sooooo proud of myself! I've worn my hair in a bun all day today and plan on wearing it the entire week. I have a middle part and then I have it in a semi-low donut bun with this beaded bracelet of mine around it for decoration. I just got back from South Beach and I got so many looks from guys! I guess the bun isn't all that bad. haha
This Arabic guy even tried to pick me up and asked me if I was part Indian (whatever), anywho I guess even the bun looks great and classy. Let the challenge begin (again)!!

Shinka

I want to do this but my hair maybe to short. I can put it in a pony tail that like and inch long. if I use an instant weave, can I put that in bun to cover my hair? cna a phony pony fit on that much hair?

I need my hair to grow and wearing it out everyday is not going to get me there fast

Mahalialee4

Just wanted to tell you that your hair looks great since you relaxed it. If that is not hair heading to waistlength I don't know girl. Are you going to keep it bunned mainly? I do and I am getting used to it. I just keep thinking....like Yvette...1 more inch..
.each month. Bonjour.

Faith

Mahalialee are you talking to me?
...I hope so since I'm responding

Thanks
It was a big decision to texturize. I have been thinking about it for months and months. I thought I would be guilty or feel I owed somebody an explanation but NOPE
It's a little liberating cause now I know I can go natural again if I so choose and I won't have to do the BC. And since I know what it's like to be natural I'm not interested in bone straight hair anymore..it's great.
I'm going to keep it braided up in plaits under an instant weave or else a french braid (which I was sporting for 2-3 weeks).

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
I was thinking that too. Why don't we? Wanna? Huh? Huh?
How much more before you hit waist length? I see a b.s one going but I've past that so I need the next step.

[/ QUOTE ]

We got our wish. Boadicea started the Waistlength Support Thread ... yep-eeeeee

model_chick717

[ QUOTE ]
Shinka said:
I want to do this but my hair maybe to short. I can put it in a pony tail that like and inch long. if I use an instant weave, can I put that in bun to cover my hair? cna a phony pony fit on that much hair?

I need my hair to grow and wearing it out everyday is not going to get me there fast

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe a phony pony could fit over a really tiny ponytail--hey that's what they're for right?
Maybe you could start out with the phonytails that you clip on with a butterfly clip--then once your hair grows more you could use the drawstring...

That would be a great way for your hair to rest

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

Ok I'm a little late...but I'm going to jump in on this challenge. I have been sporting a side bun with a part in the middle for most of the Summer...so I know I can do it (hopefully). This will be a nice cure for HIH disease.

model_chick717

Okay, I've really jumped on the wagon...Here is a pic of the bun that I am now going to be wearing at least 5 days out of the week. I CW in the shower and let the water detangle. After I get out of the shower, I put a dollop of this stuff called "Liv" on my ends (as opposed to vaseline) and use some gel mixed with a little coconut oil that I apply to the roots on down and delicately comb back into a bun--then of course I do the little donut trick with a large scrunch to make my bun look a little bigger... I've just cut my getting-ready-for-work time down by 10 minutes!!

(pardon the "chipmunk cheek" but I had a dental procedure done that left my cheek slightly swollen--I'm sensitive!
)

ubavka123

Love the donut trick! I wouldn't have a bun (well, at least a really full one) without it!

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Okay, I've really jumped on the wagon...Here is a pic of the bun that I am now going to be wearing at least 5 days out of the week. I CW in the shower and let the water detangle. After I get out of the shower, I put a dollop of this stuff called "Liv" on my ends (as opposed to vaseline) and use some gel mixed with a little coconut oil that I apply to the roots on down and delicately comb back into a bun--then of course I do the little donut trick with a large scrunch to make my bun look a little bigger... I've just cut my getting-ready-for-work time down by 10 minutes!!

(pardon the "chipmunk cheek" but I had a dental procedure done that left my cheek slightly swollen--I'm sensitive!
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Model chick what is the donut trick with the scrunchie? How long is your hair now? I just wanted to know because your hair looked below shoulder length and mine is collarbone and I cannot make a bun by regular wrapping.

InsertCleverNameHere

It's been a month and my hair is doing really well. So well that I want to wear it out but I can't!!!! I have to cheat this weekend anyway for a couple of hours but it is still so hard to persevere!!!!