Continuing Boadicea's Bun/chignon challenge

B

ballet_bun

Continuing Boadicea\'s Bun/chignon challenge

Some people have seemed interested in another YEAR LONG Bun/chignon challenge , as started by Boadicea. So, I will continue one for a year, where hers ends - August 2nd 2004.

<font color="red"> DURATION: </font> 3RD AUGUST 2004 - 4TH AUGUST 2005

<font color="red"> SAME RULES APPLY: </font>

1. KEEP THOSE PRECIOUS ENDS AWAY FROM HUMAN EYES, UNLESS YOU ARE TAKING YOUR HAIR DOWN FOR DAILYCARE OR WASHING OR SLEEP.

2. FRENCH ROLL, TWISTS, THE BAGGIE METHOD, FRENCH BRAIDS WITH ENDS HIDDEN WILL COUNT ... AS LONG AS THE HAIR ISN'T EXPOSED TO AIR.

<font color="red"> WHO WANTS TO JOIN ... </font> <font color="red"> YOU KNOW YOU CAN LAST A YEAR LADIES ... LET'S DO THIS </font>

ubavka123

Re: Continuing Boadicea\'s Bun/chignon challenge

I'm in! I have my own 365 challenge going which should end on May 21st 2005, but I think that I can go a few extra months!
I am just excited to be jumping on a challenge at the beginning. I always seem to miss them (maybe because they started before I joined!).

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo

I'm in but I can't start till Sept because I just put my third set of braids in. Before my braids I wore my hair in a "vaseline bun every day for the past two weeks and I found it boring but easy and great for my ends.

I will start my bun challenge again Sept 1st. Count me in!

ThursdayGirl

After having to get my hair trimmed again :-( due to splits at the ends of my hair (I didn't wear it out much... I swear!) ... count me in... I'm down... I can't honestly say that I will wear my ends tucked 100% of the time.... but I will commit to 97% of the time
from now until next year this time

Brastrap here I come!

ChasingBliss

Im in. I think I can go another year. It has done so much for me. I can only imagine the length I will have spending another year like this. I will probably restart it a few days after my next relaxer. I want to do something with my newly acquired length...even if it's just a simple ponytail.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Man, I am so tempted to join. I gotta get God Favor to show me how to make one of those phony buns. There is no way I will sport this teeny weeny bun of mine. No way!!

caligirl2385

I'm in. Doing the braids/buns thing, so I'll be going back and forth.

mrt

COUNT ME IN. WHAT IS A INSTANT WEAVE AND TWISTS

Babygurl

Well of course Im in, my first year of my healthy hair challenge/bun challenge just ended and Im VERY impressed with the results.

lolacurl

Count me in! I just went on a shopping bonanza for buns, etc. I found the most natural looking phony pony ever to match my 4b texturized hair, a chic looking faux bun, that also matches my hair
(a great value at $5.99!), and this nifty little sprouty phony pony that looks like a twist out! This one looked so natural, that once I slicked my super thick hair down with some fantasia ice pomade,and hooked that joker up, the girl at the bss thought i had naturally wavy hair!
My hair is already thanking me for not exposing the ends!

lthomas1

Hair Power!

I'm in. This will be great for my ends especially in the cold winter months.

Ipanema

I'll join. I already have a couple of crocheted bun covers to get me through. My phony puff doesn't fit anymore.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
mrt said:
COUNT ME IN. WHAT IS A INSTANT WEAVE AND TWISTS

[/ QUOTE ]

I"m not quite sure what an instant weave is ...maybe one of the other ladies will jump in and tell us. Twist ... I"m assuming it's things along the lines of a French Twist and such.

Does anyones ends ever look bad after taking their french twist out?

mrt

I saw those faux buns maybe i'll go get one

Leslie_C

an instant weave is 3/4 a wig. They can look really natural if u blend well. What u do is part the front part of your hair from ear to ear to leave out and attach the piece all around. Just like how some ppl do with a sew in with the front out. I would consider this protective because its no different than having bangs out and u can put the back in 1 or 2 braids and tuck under. u can get them at most Asian BSS's.

I would love to do the challenge, I have gotten much better about wearing protective styles now(I used to hate them and never wore them) but dont know if I can commit to a whole year. I like to wear my hair out at least every week or two in a braidout or something...

ThursdayGirl

My ends looks a little weird sometimes after a french twist...but that's because I put them up damp/wet and they come down crinkled :-/

miss_brown

I'm really thinking hard about this one before I commit.

What do challengers do for special occasions? Still wear the hair up? Or are there certain "authorized" exceptions?

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
I'm really thinking hard about this one before I commit.

What do challengers do for special occasions? Still wear the hair up? Or are there certain "authorized" exceptions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm ... "authorized" exceptions
...well ... I have to fess up. On those "special" occasions, I do let my hair down sometimes. However, I still try to wear it up on some of those occasions. I think it's sexy when my hair is up, and my neck and shoulders are showing.

miss_brown

In that case, ballet_bun, I'm in
I have a couple wedding and holiday get togethers that I planned on showing my hair off at
(
), but other than those self-authorized exceptions, this hair will not be touching my neck

Tai

I'm in.

I wear my hair up now 5 days out of the week. I only have it down in a wash n go on the weekends.

SherryLove

Hey bb... I guess I am in...I started on June 1 of this year....The people in my office have not seen my hair since....I keep the length of my ponytail moisturized with castor oil and covered by a plastic bag and my whole head covered with smart looking headwraps..my ends so far are looking great as ever. keeping them moisturized and covered really does help to keep them in mint condition....

ChocoKitty

I wanna join. With the possible exception of an in September--I'm in!

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
Hey bb... I guess I am in...I started on June 1 of this year....The people in my office have not seen my hair since....I keep the length of my ponytail moisturized with castor oil and covered by a plastic bag and my whole head covered with smart looking headwraps..my ends so far are looking great as ever. keeping them moisturized and covered really does help to keep them in mint condition....

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember you mentioning the castor oil on your ends in
another thread. I gave it a try and the castor oil is so thick, it's hard to work with. Do you have problems working with it too? But I have to say, it does keep the ends nicely protected!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember you mentioning the castor oil on your ends in
another thread. I gave it a try and the castor oil is so thick, it's hard to work with. Do you have problems working with it too? But I have to say, it does keep the ends nicely protected!

[/ QUOTE ]

you may want to cut some of the thickness by mixing it with a lighter oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil....

B

ballet_bun

Ok ...thanks Sherrylove

InsertCleverNameHere

Count me in! This is going to be so hard for me. I joined last year just to fall off the wagon in like 2 months. It helped my hair out a whole lot too. Now my hair is stuck again so this should push it over brastrap.

Cinnabuns

Just checking in and I'm still bunning June 2004 non-stop
I love this challange

Tai

I'm back in this challenge starting tomorrow. I had a blowout so I've had my hair down since Saturday.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I'm back in this challenge starting tomorrow. I had a blowout so I've had my hair down since Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jump right in Tai

keke

Ok um, i wanna be in. If having braids, doing bantu knot outs, twist outs are considered then i am in. I do think i will 4get that im in but im in. LOL

Ok i am doing to have to edit this um i think im gonna be able to do this for a month cause i wanna do some other styles. Sorry. Or maybe i should drop out. I want to do some twists/twist out, bantu knot out and other styles. I hve been away from my hair for almost 4 months i just wanna touch my hair again so many styles i have seen i have to try them.