Bunning Challenge for 2011.

TeeWhyAre

1) You must bun your hair at the very least for 5 days a week. Six is recommended. Seven is HIGHLY preferred :look:
2)You are allowed 1 non-day off pass per month. Ex: If you choose to bun for 5 days, you will have 1 additional day off per month.

The challenge will run from 1/1/11 thru 12/31/11.

If you want to join please state your:

Name: um... teewhyare?
Starting length: idk... some where btwn bsb or bsl... i never straighten it and i'm a big bodied chick so... idk.

Method of bunning: wet bunning and baggying.
# of days you will be bunning: 24.7.365
Starting Pic: lemme get back to you on that.

Let's make 2011 a great year for retention! HHG everyone!

i'm in it.

givemecurls

What buns are you doing? I know there's an old natural hair bun thread around so you can try that out. I've been trying my hand at non ponytail buns and I find making a puff and bobbypinning it to a donut bun works as well as bunning with a bananna clip and pinning the ends under. I also do claw clips and pin the ends inside so that's something to try. Browsing around youtube may help as well. I'm always on a hunt for new buns to try out so I can't wait until my hair gets longer and I can try even more.

Thanks Kusare...the puff idea sounds perfect because I love buns but hate the tension from the ponytails.

Just popping in to say :hiya: My bunning has been going well especially since this week I have been mostly in a Nyquil induced coma from this sinus/cold thing I have going on lol. I did flat iron my hair on Monday & it will stay straight until I have enough energy to go buy some more conditioner, leave-in & henna. My goal is to trim my hair now that it's straight, henna, DC then start curly bunning through spring...so lets see how that goes. OH and take some pics to put in here. I'm a newbie to this posting thing so I may need help :spinning:

curlycrocheter

Alrighty....I've got my starting pic. It was taken 12/12 I think. I don't think it will grow much more noticeably in the next 13 days :rolleyes: So this will count as my starting pic.

For the winter I'll be wearing my hair flat ironed 95% of the time, because it takes forever for my hair to dry & I spent the majority of last year being sick from trying to wet bun :look: How is everyone else doing?

NaturalPath

Hi :wavey: I do not really post as much anymore since I am very busy with school, yet my hair has taken the turn for the worse and I think I need to bun to retain length. i have had to cut off 1-3 inches bc the water in chicago is very very hard

Name:mane_attraxion
Starting length:
Not sure anymore, 1-2 inches from bsl
Method of bunning: e.g. dry bunning into an updo
# of days you will be bunning: 5 days of the week
Starting Pic: ill come back to post this later

Last edited:

rockstar

Name: rockstar
Starting length: BSL
Method of bunning: wet & dry bunning.
# of days you will be bunning: 5-7 days per week.
Starting Pic:

Trying to get to waist length in 2011, hopefully bunning gets me there!

MsSonya

I plan to bun everyday. This thread will keep me motivated and from getting bored.
Name: Mssonya
Starting length: SL
Method of bunning: bunning on dry hair, bunning under a wig or phony pony
# of days you will be bunning: everyday
Starting Pic: er, um,:look: hope this isnt mandatory.:nono:

curlycrocheter

Yay!! New challengers!! Welcome everybody! Please post pics, styles, videos that helped you, something funny yo' mama said about your bun...I don't care! Le'ts bun ladies!

Stunner09

Please add me to the challenge. I am working out 5 days a week now, so this challenge will fit right in. My hair will no longer be my excuse to not work out!

Name: Stunner09

Starting length: Neck length

Goal Length: Would love to be full armpit length by December 2011. Hope that's not too ambitious

Method of bunning: wet bunning and bunning on dry hair

# of days you will be bunning: 5 days per week

I washed and flat ironed today so here is my starting pic:

Attachments

• Starting Picture December 2010.jpg
    Starting Picture December 2010.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 66

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I'm getting tired of rollersetting and want to join this challenge.

I will wet bun 7 days per week and only wear my hair out on the major holidays.

I love the fullness I get when I air dry
in a ponytail then pin it into a bun.

Starting length: APL
Goal length: MBL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MsSonya

I tried an attempt at wet bunning. I failed miserably. And I lost more hair then I wanted to. :nono: My crown and hairline does not look too good pulled back and I used gel. Because it is thin. Anyway, I am just going to airdry loose on cool air under the dryer or airdry rollerset overnight. Moisturize and pull it into a bun or ponytail in the morning.

curlycrocheter

There you go girl... Do what's best for your hair. I had to stop daily cowashing and wet bunning because it chewed my ends up. Now I cowash my hair once every few days and bun on stretched hair.

Lady Esquire

This is the one challenge on LHCF that I know I'll stick with because bunning is the only style for me lately. Ever since I chopped off my hair earlier this year, I've committed to bunning until I get to APL again. I'm uncertain where I am now due to new growth shrinkage and stretching my relaxer. To be safe, I'm a full collar bone.

LET'S BUN!
:whip: :whip:

Lady Esquire

If you want to join please state your:

Name: Lady Esquire
Starting length: Collar bone
Goal length: Waist
Method of bunning: regular buns (donut, tucked in braid, french, etc.)
# of days you will be bunning: 7 (occasionally I'll rollerset/length check)
Starting Pic: will be back

Last edited:

RegaLady

Name: Readyone
Starting length: Grazing SL/Collar bone
Goal length: BSL
Method of bunning: regular buns, right now I am in braids. So its braids in a bun for me, weave in a bun
# of days you will be bunning: 7

Fhrizzball

Well here's my starting point. This is after I cut my bushy ends so hopefully after I wash my hair It will still be long enough to bun. I guess I'm around CBL/brushing APL now.

Attachments

• DSCN2123.JPG
    DSCN2123.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2126.JPG
    DSCN2126.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN2135.JPG
    DSCN2135.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN2134.JPG
    DSCN2134.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 46

ladylo

I'm in! Mostly bunning these days anyhow. I do need some new ideas for buns though cuz I'm already getting bored. This is my very first challenge! I hope I can stick to it.

Name: Ladylo
Starting Length: BSB with layers
Goal Length: WL
Method of Bunning: I'll be bunning my two-strand twists. Sometimes I'll bun a twistout. Hair will either be dry or spritzed.
# of days you will be bunning: 6-7 days in the winter. 5 days in the spring/summer.
too lazy to post my starting pic now but I do have a length shot in my fotki.

Good Luck Ladies! I can't wait to see how we grow.

curlycrocheter

As far as ideas for buns, I'm not very creative with styles. That's why I accessorize all my buns. I have pics in my blog...that I will be updating soon :look:

SuchaLady

I really would like to join as I am sure this would help me make MBL but I have to grow two spots back in from breakage. Maybe I'll come back around June/July. HHG Ladies :)

MsSonya

I have just been moisturizing and bunning. Decided to lay off the cowashing for awhile.
A year into this and I just dont get my hair.:ohwell: I am a slow learner and slow grower, I guess.
But I am having fun with the buns. Got some cute ponytail flower holders.:yep: and a little rest from all that co-washing...:lol:

curlycrocheter

I'm glad I made the start date in January....ever since Christmas Eve things have been so crazy for me. I've actually been wearing wash-n-go's in 20 degree weather. :nono: I'll be glad when I can get back on track though. How is everyone else doing?

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
count me in
Name: Wavezncurlz
Starting length: Grazing Waistlength with lead hairs (gotta be technical)
Goal length: Full Waistlength with full ends
Method of bunning: wet buns with accessories
Starting Pic: From Dec 23 2010 - phone camera

Loverain

:wave:Newbie here

I would like to join this challenge. I have been stalking this forum for awhile, and I began bunning a week ago.

Im 100% natural 3c 4a

Name: Loverain
Starting length: Shoulder length 4 inches from APL
Goal length: Hip
Method of bunning: Wet bunning following cowash( Bun tucked under)
# of days you will be bunning: 5 days
Starting Pic:

MissLadie

Hey there... I'd like to join this challenge as well.

Name: MissLadie
Starting length: APL-ish
Goal length: BSL (short-term)
Method of bunning: bunning flat ironed hair
# of days you will be bunning: 6 days

I'll post a starting pic tomorrow after I wash my hair.

curlycrocheter

Welcome, officially, to the challenge everyone! I actually used my January pass today :lachen: 2010 ended on such a horrible note for me, that I decided to get dolled up to bring in the new year, so I was whipping the hair :gorgeous: But tomorrow it's backs to business as usualy :yep:

NaturalBoss

I want to join this challenge since I bun everyday.

Name: BlackDiamond1
Starting length: BSL (stretched)
Goal length: WL
Method of bunning: Wet Bunning
# of days you will be bunning: 7
Starting Pic: This is my ponytail after co-washing and putting curl activator on it

Attachments

• 192.jpg
    192.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

givemecurls

Checking in with pics. I was doing SO good but when I was traveling last week I did all sorts of scandalous things to my hair that I won't even mention here :lol: Basically now I need another trim even though I just had one early December..no bueno! I'm excited to get back to bunning and getting my hair back in tip-top shape.

This is my first time attaching pics so let me know if I'm doing this correctly :spinning:

1st pic-my donut bun done on wet hair. I will most likely stay away from wet bunning because my crown still manages to tangle up.

2nd pic-my recent WNG that I probably shouldn't have been wearing LOL Got a bunch of those darn SSKs just from this style that lasted only 3 days

3rd pic-my length as of late December. Just at APL at the longest point but I'm claiming it dang it :lachen:

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 70