Spring 10 Wet Bun Challenge!

Optimus_Prime

I think I have to withdraw from this challenge. Sorry to the OP, I wish all of you guys luck, but my hair is getting ratty and tangled from wet bunning. I think I should stick to rollersets.

loveisnthehouse

I have been conditioner washing every morning and then wet bunning throughout the day. I washed it and DCed it tonight and I will rinse out in the morning and bun it up!

isawstars

That's how I felt. I wound up washing every 2-3 days. I was trying to use up this wave nouveau, but I could feel the buildup after a day or two.

i got a lot of build up with that product too. have you tried something different? like dampen your hair with water and use your favorite leave in conditioner?

BriDa5242

I'm in. My hair loves it and I'm already doing this :grin:

MY Starting POINT:

IMG00089-20100330-1934.jpg

The Bun I wear just about everyday
IMG00087-20100333327-1914.jpg

I'm going to put a bun tutorial up soon:lick:

mags23

I purchased a entire line of herbal essences today. The conditioners I have was not working for my hair type.
I will wash with Herbal Essences hello and long relationship
add in herbal essences leave cond
seal with coconut oil
I will shampoo once a week and deep con with ORS
Protein treatment once a week

MissMusic

It is definitely warm in Florida these days, so by the time I get home in the evening my wet bun is not so wet anymore, hmmmmmm.

Black Hoya Chick

i don't know how i feel about this new leave-in yet. but i am determined to finish it. worst case scenario i will have to cowash daily to keep my wet bun feeling "wet"

Black Hoya Chick

ok so i hated the new leave-in i tried today. so now i am trying my cowash as a leave-in. PLEASE let it work. my wet-bunning depends on it

curlycrocheter

most leave-in leave-ins make my hair feel hard as it dries :perplexed that's why I just use condishoner sealed with oil.

anywho, I was getting really bored with my bun until.....I found out me and my SO are going to Costa Rica this summer! So I will be FAITHFULLY wet bunning until the day we leave!

So I wet bunned everyday this week, and I will wet bun until August :grin:

MissMusic

I'm experiencing the same thing... I don't think it matters tho... or am I wrong?

No I don't think it does cause I just take it down and let it dry before going to bed. The inside is still wet when I get home, so I am not worried.

ckisland

I know that I posted that I was dropping out of this challenge, but will you take me back?! :blush: I tried out rollersetting, but for the sake of my hair's health, I needed to let it go. If I can't come back officially, I'll be unofficially on this challenge.

25Nona

Hi Ladies stopping by to cheer you one, I'll be following this thread, I'm not officially in this challenge because I'm just trying to stretch until mid May which will take me out of bunning before the end of the challenge but I'll keep watch for some of the tips you share here to keep me motivate to reach my goal of at least bunning until May 20th.

MissMusic

I know that I posted that I was dropping out of this challenge, but will you take me back?! :blush: I tried out rollersetting, but for the sake of my hair's health, I needed to let it go. If I can't come back officially, I'll be unofficially on this challenge.

Welcome Back!

ckisland

Welcome Back!
Yay!

My regimen for the next week will involve cowashing and bunning daily detangling every 3 days. After that, I'll drop it to cowashing every other day and bunning daily. Once my hair gets back to it's fully healthy state, I'll cowash every 3 days and bun :yep:.

Side note: I had my roommate feel some of my crappy strands (she's really into hair too) and she told me that it felt like " a normal person's hair," meaning a person who isn't crazy about taking care of her hair :lachen:. So just in case y'all didn't know, we're not normal people. :lachen:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Hey, ladies! I'll be joining this challenge unofficially. Using my curl activator and whipped shea butter or oil mix to seal. I'll be co-washing 2x a week. Using VO5 conditioners for co-washes.

Whimsy

So here I am on day 3 of a wash n go.....I'm officially pulling out of this competition. I've been bunning MAYBE one day a week. Totally not committed. :(
I'll watch along for alla you girls' progress though!!!

isawstars

didn't do a wet bun but I did a wet plait and pinned it up for bed...hope that counts

i've been thinking about doing this as well. i watched one of traycee's blogs and she mentions how we need to give our hair a break from bunning (i sleep in buns). do you also moisturize in the morning? or do you just take out the plait and into a bun?

:wallbash: Oops, rookie mistake, I meant to send that to TallNomad. My apologies :blush:

No biggie chica! lol
-----------------------
ETA: i've been itching to flat iron my hair! I can't remember the last time i straightened my hair without doing a rollerset... so next weekend i'm going to use my 2 passes to flat iron for my best friend's birthday party, and wear a straight/sleek ponytail the next day. There better be some cute guys at the party!!

hmmm and maybe i'll post pics? i'm looking forward to it.

Last edited: