Bunning Challenge for 2011.

Loverain

Checking in: I just cowashed and put my hair in a bun. I took a 2 day pass for the new year celebrations. I wore a wash and go, it was cute but I had my hands in my hair too much. Buns are my friend.

TruMe

Can I still join? I guess since I am 2 days late (and finished wearing out my flat 2 strand twist-out) that I will be getting no day off passes this month and next month. That's cool. I am trying to bun to retain length and boost my growth.

Name: TruMe
Starting length: A few centimeters from APL (LOL), I think
Method of bunning: wet bunning and then following up with bunning on dry hair on the days I did not co-wash or wash my hair
# of days you will be bunning: 5 (I love to wear my hair out too much so the weekends are going to have to be my play time)
Starting Pic: I will post this later this week when I do my mid-week wash.

dede1129

I am in since I have to wear my hair in a bun all week for work anyway.

Name: Dede1129
Starting length: APL (finally)
Method of bunning: wet/dry bunning
# of days you will be bunning: 5

Pic coming soon...

curlycrocheter

Welcome new challengers! Please feel free to pm me if I left anyone off the list.

Funny Story: I was at work today and the supervisor came to the floor. I was just beginning the process of reinserting my hairstick because it was poking me in the neck. My hair is flat ironed right now, and my supervisor goes, "Hi JML, I didn't know you had long hair." I'm like *who? me* She said she had never seen me with my hair down! :lachen: I guess I never realized how hardcore I am with my buns lol!

ZeeontheGrow

If its not too late, I'd like to join. I've been bunning the last 2 weeks out of sheer laziness, but I still moisturize and seal 2x daily (in the AM when I finger comb into a bun, and when I get home/take bun down, pin up and cover) I've noticed less shedding/breakage, so will keep this up for a while.

Name: Zee
Starting length:NL
Method of bunning: bunning on dry hair for now, maybe wet bunning when it gets warmer
# of days you will be bunning: at least 6
Starting Pic:

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

PrissyHippie

Name:
PrissyMum1908
Starting length: Shoulder
Method of bunning: bunning on dry hair,
# of days you will be bunning: 7
Starting Pic:

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

would love to see the buns everyone is wearing. Also bunning reggies would be nice too.

I tried to do twists then bun them but I hate how twists look on me now so I keep taking them down. I'm dc-ing/overnight baggy with HETT mixed with a bit of henna. Don't know how I'm going to bun as I fail with hair sticks and don't want to use hair ties. We'll see how it goes as i'm still tweaking my reg.

sunnieb

Hi ladies! I've been doing my signature flexi 8 clip up bun since last week. I decided to do my messy bun today. Here's a pic:

(Eta: pic attached way too big. I'll attach it when I can get to a computer.)

Sorry the pic is dark. Camera on this phone sucks!

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

Attachments

• IMG_20110112_075150-1.jpg
    IMG_20110112_075150-1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

aishasoleil

I wanna join!

Name: aishasoleil
Starting length: SL
Bunning method: Wet (and soaked with oils/butters lol!)
# of days: 7 (which just happens to be my lucky number. :wink2:)

starting pic: Is it okay for me to be lazy and put a link up
to my starting pic in another challenge thread?! :look:
I'm in the Hide Your Hair 2011 challenge as well as one
(or two) others and I just did the same thing. Shame on me, I know! :blush:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...2011-hyh-challenge-starting-pix-part-i-4.html I am post #66.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hi ladies! I've been doing my signature flexi 8 clip up bun since last week. I decided to do my messy bun today. Here's a pic:

(Eta: pic attached way too big. I'll attach it when I can get to a computer.)

Sorry the pic is dark. Camera on this phone sucks!

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App
As always, gorgeous!

GraceV

As always, gorgeous!
OK divachyk! I clicked on the last post, saw your bun and automatically my face zoomed in on the screen (I'm talking less than a foot from the screen) and I went "holy crap!" THAT is the effect your juicy bun had on me. I'ma need you to do some kind of tutorial or pictorial or verbaltorial on that bun cos I need it in my life!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

curlycrocheter

just checking in! I've been wearing my hairstick-buns on mostly flat ironed hair. A modified version of the pencil bun is my go-to style. It's quick and easy and looks surprisingly elegant.

Right now my hair is curly. So it's back to chignons. Still going hard 7 days a week baby!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
OK divachyk! I clicked on the last post, saw your bun and automatically my face zoomed in on the screen (I'm talking less than a foot from the screen) and I went "holy crap!" THAT is the effect your juicy bun had on me. I'ma need you to do some kind of tutorial or pictorial or verbaltorial on that bun cos I need it in my life!!!!!!!!!
You made my night.....:yep: Thank you sooo much.

sunnieb

Umm divachyk......Imma need you to post that big, bodacious bun tutorial pretty soon. I wanna bust it out for the weekend! :yep:

TruMe

Phew! I made it another week with keeping my hair up in a bun every day. It has really been doing my hair good as far as retaining moisture throughout the day.

MrsHdrLe

Hi, I'm not in the challenge, but am heavily lurking and learning.

I do have a question for all you bunners, what do you define as a bun? Must the ends be tucked in or does a "tails up" (a la flexi8/claw clip) count as a bun too?

Now that I write this, the answer seems more clear, but to clarify, is the point to tuck the ends or merely keep them up and away from friction?

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Name: Mostamaziing

Current Length: SL

Method: combo of wet/dry bunning. (trying to maintain natural straight hair until June :ohwell: )

Starting pic:
January 1st

curlycrocheter

Hi, I'm not in the challenge, but am heavily lurking and learning.

I do have a question for all you bunners, what do you define as a bun? Must the ends be tucked in or does a "tails up" (a la flexi8/claw clip) count as a bun too?

Now that I write this, the answer seems more clear, but to clarify, is the point to tuck the ends or merely keep them up and away from friction?

Ends tucked all the way in is what I think of when I think of buns. But because of the length of my hair, sometimes I can't get my ends all the way tucked under. If that happens, I try to "pull" hair over my exposed ends.

BGT

I'm joining this challenge because my hair is getting so fine. I need to thicken it up. I will be doing dry buns in the winter but by summer, I will do wet buns.