Bunning Challenge for 2011.

Who has one of these Goody modern updo pins and can tell me how to use mine? The online tutorials don't help me! :( It's supposed to be super simple dangit!

d036284e-06a1-a7f0.jpg

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

Who has one of these Goody modern updo pins and can tell me how to use mine? The online tutorials don't help me! :( It's supposed to be super simple dangit!

d036284e-06a1-a7f0.jpg

Use mine to make what looks like a french roll bun. I tuck the updo pin it in my hair like I would do a hair comb.

Yep! :yep: Also, using a bun net is another priceless tip. I'm tellin' ya'll, @divachyk is the bunning queen! That's where I got all of these bunning tips from.

I've been stalk.....err um....surprise following her for a while now. :drunk:
Funny how the tables turn; I need ahem, stalk you instead. That hair is looking divinely luscious. :lick:

what are the wet bunning ladies style methods during the winter season? i'm just a curious bystander :D
I've never wet bun in the winter. It's far too cold for me to venture into that. I wet bun occasionally in the spring/summer when I don't mind my hair being damp. Hope someone pops in and answers your question.

I've been sporting a wet bun on day 1, take down moisturize/seal and then twist each half of my head into a big twist and pin to my head for bed. Then take it down and bun again the next day.

I think I may go get the hair net for my buns and try this fanning method. I'm so paranoid about my ends getting tortured through the bunning process. I have been dampening my hair with s-curl, moisturizing it with ORS hair lotion, and sealing with castor oil. I also apply this when my hair is soaking wt out the shower as well.

I'm in the roller setting challenge, but I need a break. I need to keep it up though, so I can save my buns for deep into my stretch. I only stretch for 4 to 6 month, but still :look:

Now I have one question I tuck and spread my buns but what can I pin them with?

SuchaLady - I use good day hair pins to pin my hair down first. Then I use two clips on my nape. Next, I put on bun net. Last, I fluff out my bun and use the open pins to hold hair and bun net in place.

d0362835-d463-4594.jpg

@SuchaLady - I use good day hair pins to pin my hair down first. Then I use two clips on my nape. Next, I put on bun net. Last, I fluff out my bun and use the open pins to hold hair and bun net in place.

d0362835-d463-4594.jpg

Thank you SOOOOO much! :kiss: I just ordered some Good Day Hair pins. They should be coming today. I used the ones in the middle of the picture and they work fairly well but I always had little pieces of hair stuck in them. But hopefully the Good Day pins are my solution

Had trouble swirling my hair this morning, but the bun net is holding everything in place!

d036564e-e55c-7964.jpg

Where is everybody???

I'm still bunnin'! Buns are really helping me get through this stretch.

Here's how I look today:

d036563a-df90-7224.jpg

d036564a-dfa7-0ea8.jpg

How long is your stretch? Awesome job!

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Thanks! :)

Doing 14 week stretches now, but I hope to get to 16 weeks sometime this year.

Still wearing my buns! I'll probably bun all the way until my relaxer next Friday. My newgrowth ain't playin' around!

d0365672-595a-d0c3.jpg

Gah!!! I haven't been able to update my own dam challenge! But I just got a new laptop, and fixed my subscription renewal problems so I'm back!!! I'm glad everyone is updating and being dilligent. My birthday is this month, so I'll be cheating a little bit :sekret: But I can definitley tell that bunning has done nothing but help my hair to thrive.

Oh, and if anyone else needs to be added to the list just pm me.

I've been bunning monday through friday since this challenge started although just recently I started getting quite bored of the same ol' bun so here is what I tried one day. I just put half my hair in one of those goody ouchless clips, and tucked the ends under securing with a clip. Then I just lightly took the ends of the bottom half of my hair and then tucked it under and secured it with a clip.

Then once I got to the office, I wasn't really feeling it so I decided to bring my ends from the bottom section up and tuck along with the top section.

Attachments

• Hair1.JPG
    Hair1.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Hair2.JPG
    Hair2.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 66
After trimming the ends of my hair a couple of days ago, I started wearing my hair in a wet bun. I'm thinking about taking on this challenge again. :eyebrows2

Gah!!! I haven't been able to update my own dam challenge! But I just got a new laptop, and fixed my subscription renewal problems so I'm back!!! I'm glad everyone is updating and being dilligent. My birthday is this month, so I'll be cheating a little bit :sekret: But I can definitley tell that bunning has done nothing but help my hair to thrive.

Oh, and if anyone else needs to be added to the list just pm me.

I was wondering what happened to you! Glad you're up and running again! ;)

I've been bunning daily so I was unofficially on this challenge. So now sign me up, I have some PS styles in my fotki. I've been wearing a sock bun, not the usual one but a baggie and bun cover bka clean sock over my bun, keeps my length moisturized and protected.

tangle teezer
it's a round shaped brush that detangles all lkind of hair easily

Oh that little thing! No, I don't have it. I just detangle with a wide-toothed comb, conditioner and leave-ins.

Oh that little thing! No, I don't have it. I just detangle with a wide-toothed comb, conditioner and leave-ins.

The TT is a neat gadget. It looks a little intimidating at first. Every time I use it, I swear it be pulling out my hair but when I inspect the hairs, 9.5 out of 10, it's a shed hair, not a broken hair. Life is so much easier now that I have the TT. It doesn't matter what week post I am, it works every time without fail.

P.S. Sorry for throwing the random acronym at you.

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App[/QUOTE]

tangle teezer
it's a round shaped brush that detangles all lkind of hair easily
Hey Lucia, thx for jumping in to answer as I was MIA much of yesterday.

Last edited:
I hope it's not to late to join. I just renewed my subscription on Thursday.

Name:morehairplease
Starting length:somewhere between ear and chin length when stretched
Method of bunning: bunning under wigs and wet/dry bunning
# of days you will be bunning:7 days a week
Starting Pic:will post after my press on Sunday

Last edited:
Back