Calling out SVT...girl quit hiding that hair

Faith

I saw your updated pic. Your hair is sooooooooo thick and long. It looks awesome. WTG /images/graemlins/clap.gif Very impressive /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check her out

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Her hair does look nice! I'm glad we get to see an actual pic of her hair! Great! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith

What's your hair type again SVT? I can't believe how much it has grown since we all joined 2 years ago.... Wasn't it you I used to have natural hair talks with (via PM)? It's been awhile...lol

Divastate

Wow that is some great growth! Please share what products you use when you press /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SVT

Thanks ladies!

I mainly took the pic to have a reference point for the waist length challenge. /images/graemlins/up.gif

@ faith: I stopped typing a while back because it's too confusing and besides, I've gathered useful info from women of varying textures and lengths of hair. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I think it WAS you that asked me a few questions years ago about pressing hair. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif One of my responses was to use a small comb in conjunction with the flatiron. That tip's moot now because irons come with comb attachments. Girl, that means we're old. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
What's your hair type again SVT? I can't believe how much it has grown since we all joined 2 years ago.... Wasn't it you I used to have natural hair talks with (via PM)? It's been awhile...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
Divastate said:
Wow that is some great growth! Please share what products you use when you press /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the conditioner washes and minimal manipulation have helped! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hopefully I can find my picture CD from 12/03. It has photos of my hair that would be great for comparison.

I apply oil onto my wet hair hair then air dry. I apply more oil during the press as needed. I don't use heat protectants. Oil is the only buffer, besides my leave-in conditoner, between my hair and the heat.

Faith

Yeah I remember that now /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Small tooth comb and flatiron /images/graemlins/laugh.gif It was last year some time....wow...time sure does fly. What's your hair type again? Are you still No Poo? You are making me want to go natural again /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yes, I've seen this chic's hair in person. She has gorgeous hair and LOTS of it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Yeah I remember that now /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Small tooth comb and flatiron /images/graemlins/laugh.gif It was last year some time....wow...time sure does fly. What's your hair type again? Are you still No Poo? You are making me want to go natural again /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year? I'm thinking it was waaay back on the first LHCF board or maybe the Network54 board. /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

I still no-poo and clarify with ACV as needed, usually once a month.

I gave up typing my hair but if you've seen my other pictures, you could probably get a good idea of my hair texture. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
SVT,

I see in your signature you have "rosemary e.o. - Growth!"

how much growth do you get with rosemary oil...let's say within a month's timeframe? Do you use it by itself or with other products? And how often do you use it?

SVT

Thank you, dreamssold and Nappyme!

The humidity got to it but it was the last day of me wearing straight for a week. I was very happy with the straight style. /images/graemlins/up.gif

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Yes, I've seen this chic's hair in person. She has gorgeous hair and LOTS of it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

You remember those pics cherrie took of my hair last December? Silly me can't find the picture disk so I can download the photos. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif I have the prints and I definitely see a difference!

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
SVT,

I see in your signature you have "rosemary e.o. - Growth!"

how much growth do you get with rosemary oil...let's say within a month's timeframe? Do you use it by itself or with other products? And how often do you use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

During the Spring, I used my rosemary spritz (rosemary e.o. + water) once or twice weekly on my scalp. I don't use it much anymore. Like a true PJ, I've slacked off and moved on to other products. I really should update my signature. /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

I do think the rosemary spritz helped. I don't measure my hair (too tedious for me) but I could tell my length had changed by looking at my soaking wet hair and where it seemd to land on my back and also by the ways my straightened hair got in my way at times. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

SVT

Thank you dreamssold, Nappyme and IslandGirl!

Your compliments are a great pick-me-up!

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
saddity1 said:
Yes, beautiful hair! Very pretty /images/graemlins/smile.gif Waist length here we come!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, saddity!

I've fallen off other challenges but I'm turning over a new leaf for this one.

NO HALF-STEPPIN! ONWARD TO VICTORY! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
I apply oil onto my wet hair hair then air dry. I apply more oil during the press as needed. I don't use heat protectants. Oil is the only buffer, besides my leave-in conditoner, between my hair and the heat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just love your beautiful hair SVT!! It's easy to visualize your hair at waist length soon!
How often are you using your flat iron on your hair?

Faith

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you said I gave up typing I'm like what does she mean? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I was thinking something else...don't ask /images/graemlins/laugh.gif You gave up typing your hair /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif got it...my bad /images/graemlins/laugh.gif