*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

cornell34

What type of Castor Oil will you be using:
I will be using JBCO.

Tell us a bit about your hair:
I am natural and my goal is to strength my edges and grow my hair out to a suitable length for me. I currently wear my hair in buns and pony puffs

How will you be using your Castor Oil:
I will be massaging the Castor Oil into my scalp 3-4 times per week and into my edges every single day.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Applied my caster/KBB HJ mix to scalp, and a little throughout kinky twists. My roots feel so smooth & soft.

faithVA

I mixed 2 tsp of AVG with 2 tsp of my castor oil blend and massaged it into my edges and my crown. Did that both last night and this morning. This is definitely a keeper. I intend on doing this at least once a day. But I want to apply this to my entire head at least twice a week. So need to work on that.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I took a break from the Castor Oil for 3 days. I think I'm going to start back up tomorrow. I need more of a scalp tingle to my mix...something invigorating.

Anyone ever tried cinnamon or peppermint EO?? I need "the tingle".

empressri

That castor oil...omg.

My hair was darn near in impeccable condition. I used a sulfate shampoo yesterday and you know how you think sometimes you still have oil residue on your hair?

Nope. The castor seems to have done...something to my hair but in a good, no great way!!

My ends were in darn near perfect condition even after blow drying and flat ironing. My stylist only need to take off half an inch tonight and my last trim was 4 months ago. Not bad at all!

My 32 oz bottle came today :grin:

FindingMe

Evallusion: Is is too late to join? (Subbing at any rate:yep:...)

If not:

Home Health Cold Pressed and Cold Processed

Basically a BSL 3c (some 3b/4a scattered) natural. Coarse, wiry, porous, dense strands. Reasonably strong, but prone to dryness. Bc of this I trim every 6-8 weeks bc my ends crackle up like straw. I am hoping to grow out my hair significantly in 2012 to attain ultimate goal of waist length.

Massaging CO into scalp and sealing ends at night 3-4 times per week and into my edges every day.​

Starting pics below:
Pic on right is more recent after trim/bangs, but pic on left is more clear

Attachments

• 148445_1603026949369_1046947601_31616290_2368746_n1.jpg
    148445_1603026949369_1046947601_31616290_2368746_n1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 392189_2502065104761_1046947601_32611087_1917718145_n.jpg
    392189_2502065104761_1046947601_32611087_1917718145_n.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Meadow

I took a break from the Castor Oil for 3 days. I think I'm going to start back up tomorrow. I need more of a scalp tingle to my mix...something invigorating.

Anyone ever tried cinnamon or peppermint EO?? I need "the tingle".

Evallusion: I mixed peppermint and tea tree in my JBCO. I get a tingle from it sometimes.

I feel I may need to take a break from my oil as well, because I am noticing that my hair gets oily really fast from castor oil. I may have to do mine very lightly twice a week instead of three times. Other than the excessive oiliness, I love how my scalp and hair is responding though.

faithVA

Massaged my edges and crown with my AVG/Castor oil blend mix. I may need more oil in it. But its definitely not greasy this way.

Ms_CoCo37

We haven't even officially started the challenge yet, and I'm almost out of JBCO.:look:

I was lazy last night, so this morning I oiled my scalp and spritzed my twists with water. I've been sitting under a plastic cap for the past 1 1/2 hr.

I'm becoming addicted to this stuff (ashy smell and all).:look:

Last edited:

yellagirl730

I bought some Castor oil today for my broken off edges. I am so not used to putting any oil in my hair due to I like my hair to have that swing. I am assuming that you all are just using drops of it? I also bought some Qt Mango butter, I'm thinking I will apply that first then the castor oil.

Ms_CoCo37

FindingMe, beautiful curls and dimples! I remember when you did your bc. Congrats on your progress thus far.:grin:

Sidebar: I always wanted dimples because my gram told me that people with dimples were kissed by angels:lol:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Evallusion: Is is too late to join? (Subbing at any rate:yep:...)

Nope! Its not too late to join. Nice hair and welcome to the challenge. You have been added to the list.

Evallusion: I mixed peppermint and tea tree in my JBCO. I get a tingle from it sometimes.

I feel I may need to take a break from my oil as well, because I am noticing that my hair gets oily really fast from castor oil. I may have to do mine very lightly twice a week instead of three times. Other than the excessive oiliness, I love how my scalp and hair is responding though.

I'm going to give those 2 EOs a try in my next mix. I had to slow down a bit because I was being heavy handed with the oil but I'm back on track now.

We haven't even officially started the challenge yet, and I'm almost out of JBCO.:look:

I was lazy last night, so this morning I oiled my scalp and spritzed my twists with water. I've been sitting under a plastic cap for the past 1 1/2 hr.

I'm becoming addicted to this stuff (ashy smell and all).:look:

Haha, its like I wrote that myself. Cosigning...

That castor oil...omg.

My 32 oz bottle came today :grin:

And here I thought I was the only one that ordered the huge 32 oz bottles, lol. We some fiends, :lachen:. :lick::look:

FindingMe

FindingMe, beautiful curls and dimples! I remember when you did your bc. Congrats on your progress thus far.:grin:

Sidebar: I always wanted dimples because my gram told me that people with dimples were kissed by angels:lol:

Ms_CoCo37: Thanks, sis! :lol:

I achieved BSL from my SL big chop, but haven't been able to get past here. I really want to hit waist length by the end of 2012, but that means I'll have to retain 90-95% of my growth, which means taking care of these ends. I just did a really good trim/cut, so I should be starting from a nice point. I hope this castor oil helps.

I am going to try to add castor oil to the ends everytime I twist to see what happens:spinning:

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

empressri and Evallusion, I'm off to vitacost.com to see what's up!:grin:

FindingMe, we're so in the same boat. I've been hovering between BSL and MBL for the last year. Setback after setback have kept me there in limbo, but I'm determined to reach WL and beyond by the end 2012.:yep:

FindingMe

empressri and Evallusion, I'm off to vitacost.com to see what's up!:grin:

FindingMe, we're so in the same boat. I've been hovering between BSL and MBL for the last year. Setback after setback have kept me there in limbo, but I'm determined to reach WL and beyond by the end 2012.:yep:

Ms_CoCo37: Let's do this starting with protecting these ends with some castor oil! :yep: I'ma meet you at waist length at the end of twenty-twelve!

FindingMe

i ain't gone lie, my hair is a little greasy, but super soft. (and it smells like castor oil:ohwell:) I think I put too much on... How much are ya'll using? I could go every 3rd day, i think and are you mixing anything in to make it smell better?

Ms_CoCo37

FindingMe, I oil my scalp three times a week, and when I take my twists down to detangle, I use a melting pot of conditioners mixed with olive, castor, and almond oils. LOVE IT!:lick:

On my oil nights, I'll spritz my twist with a little rose water or regular water, and put a baggy on. By the time I get up in the morning and take the baggy off, my twists are plump and juicy, and the oil is almost completely absorbed.:yep:

Although, I think I'm going to add a little peppermint or lavender oil to offset that ashy smell.:look:

Renewed1

I oil my scalp and ends every day. I absolutely love doing this!! I'm going to start doing a whole head baggy during the evening, before bed.

tajaun

fell off my regi this past week, cowashing tonight, thinkin i might just sleep in alter ego, got to go buy some co.

Aggie

I just got my hair weaved today and trying to figure out how I will be using my castor oil when it arrives. I may just work on the front free edges to keep it thick and healthy for the first few weeks of the challenge.

youwillrise

I think ill join! I loooooove castor oil.

Ill be using NOW brand castor oil
I'm natural haired...castor oil has helped me better retain moisture
I will be oil rinsing with castor oil (I usually mix it with other oils) and I have a water/castor oil spray bottle mix that I baggy with and use to just spritz my hair with moisture on most days

Evolving78

i wanna join!
i love castor oil. i will start the beginning of the year or unless i by some more this weekend
i will use the regular kind

i am relaxed, a little past SL. my goal is to thicken up my hair and protect my ends.

i will apply and massage my nape, edges, and crown, as well as sealing my ends

Last edited: