*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

skyslady

Im in, I'll be using JBCO on my scalp 3x's a week. When is the latest time a pic can be uploaded? Got take more recent pic.

Last edited:

faithVA

With the air so dry in my house I have been using my castor oil blend on my scalp 2x a day but mostly in my crown region. So for the winter this challenge is going to be a breeze.

I need to pick up another bottle of castor oil as soon as possible.

Ms_CoCo37

Quick question. I was just in the BSS, and I saw the Red Pimento JBCO oil. Has anyone tried it? If so, how did you like it. The PJ in me wants it.:look: Something is really wrong with me. I want everything I see.:look:

sheanu

What type of Castor Oil will you be using:
I'm using the Oil of Palma Christi brand of castor oil.

Tell us a bit about your hair:
I'm almost a year into my NHJ but my scalp is very sensitive and the my hair falls out very easily under tension. I went to the dermatologist to find out why I had bald spots on both temples and after doing a scalp biopsy, she diagnosed me with traction alopecia. I'm hoping the castor oil with help to strengthen my scalp and hair follicles.

How will you be using your Castor Oil:
I'll be scalp oiling with castor oil about 3X a week.

(Be nice about the pics guys...:sad::look:)

Attachments

• IMG_20111209_105704.jpg
    IMG_20111209_105704.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20111209_105646.jpg
    IMG_20111209_105646.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20111209_105657.jpg
    IMG_20111209_105657.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 15

kupenda

still massaging with castor oil every other night. i actually have decided that regardless of the length and thickness i gain in my hair journey, i will ALWAYS massage my scalp frequently. i really love doing it and its something i look forward to. love this challenge! also, castor oil has become a serious staple for me. i dont care if run out of jojoba, grapeseed, coconut, whatever. i will always keep an extra bottle of castor on hand

Renewed1

sheanu girl don't worry. Your hair will grow out. I'm had a similar problem with my edges. But castor oil and avoiding tension around my edges has helped tremendously!!

I have one suggestion, YMMV, but oil your edges prior to wearing your silk scarf. My edges were getting pulled, because the scarf was too tight and my edges are really dry.

Philippians413

Count me in! :grin:

NOW Castor Oil to start...I might get some JBCO later

Natural, not so good edges or ends, thirsty all the time!

Sealing and on my scalp 3x a week

Will post a starting picture later on today.

Renewed1

I apply JBCO nightly on my scalp and on the length of my hair. I noticed my ends are thickening up more and my scalp feels good. Also and more importantly, I'm seeing my new growth coming in thicker.

I love castor oil, I use it in everything.

sheanu

@sheanu girl don't worry. Your hair will grow out. I'm had a similar problem with my edges. But castor oil and avoiding tension around my edges has helped tremendously!!

I have one suggestion, YMMV, but oil your edges prior to wearing your silk scarf. My edges were getting pulled, because the scarf was too tight and my edges are really dry.

Thanks for the support! Question though: YMMV? What does that mean? lol

greenandchic

The day before I oiled my scalp with Home Health Castor oil.

Last night I sealed my hair with the same castor. I tried to compare it with JBCO to see if I notice a difference - at least in terms of how it feels.

Every night I oil my edges with it.

I'm almost a year into my NHJ but my scalp is very sensitive and the my hair falls out very easily under tension. I went to the dermatologist to find out why I had bald spots on both temples and after doing a scalp biopsy, she diagnosed me with traction alopecia. I'm hoping the castor oil with help to strengthen my scalp and hair follicles.

I think the castor oil will work out, I have noticed more "baby hair" when I started using it on my edges before going to the gym. Its a miracle oil!

yodie

Has anyone used palma christie and castor oil? If so, is there a difference between the two? Does either or provide better growth or moisture?

Actually, I meant to type red pimento oil. Has anyone used this?

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Quick question. I was just in the BSS, and I saw the Red Pimento JBCO oil. Has anyone tried it? If so, how did you like it. The PJ in me wants it.:look: Something is really wrong with me. I want everything I see.:look:

I haven't tried that one...off to do a google search.

No worries! Glad you joined the challenge and I can't wait to see your progress. :yep:

Thanks for the support! Question though: YMMV? What does that mean? lol

I believe it stands for "Your method may vary".

Actually, I meant to type red pimento oil. Has anyone used this?

You're the second person to mention this. I haven't tried it. But now you all have piqued my curiousity. No more products Eva, No more!! :nono:

Meadow

Well, since I am up soo late and feel too energized to sleep, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am so glad that I started using castor oil on my scalp! It feels so good, and my scalp is more calm. I took my daughter's braids down today and put some on her scalp. She likes it too. My teenager is so picky, but she really did like the way it made her scalp feel.

kupenda

Massaging with castor oil, then gonna put some on my edges to lay them down for a simple ponytail today. And some on the ends since they will be exposed

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Oiled my scalp today. I'm seeing some serious new growth in these kinky twists but I'm trying my best to hang in there. I'm trrying to make it to December 28th for an even 8 weeks.

cynd

Ms_CoCo37, I bought this recently and prepooed with it overnight, washed and did a DC the next morning. I should have known better because it started to burn after being on for about an hour but I ignored it and slept with it on my scalp anyway because I read someone that doing this was good. Big mistake. I ended up with major shedding the next day. The next time I used it (too cheap to toss it) I followed the directions and only left it in for about 20 minute before shampooing. Worked much better that time but I haven't gotten the nerve to try it again.

NaNaEternally

I'd like to join !! I have a bottle of castor oil I bought the other day. I got it from Walmart health & beauty section....idk the brand name tho. I oiled my scalp last night and imo my hair was easier to style this morning for work.

my current length is bottom of neck/shoulder touching. i'll post a starting pic later this evening.

Last edited:

Aggie

I'm right on time so please add me Evallusion. I just bought a small bottle of JBCO and JBCO Hair Food Pomade from ayurnaturalbeauty.com so it will be here right on time for January.

Aggie

Oh by the way, here is my starting pic:

Attachments

• Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 003.jpg
    Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 21

NaNaEternally

my starting pic 

faithVA

Its wash day. So I applied AVG to my roots, because it really softens them up. And then I applied my castor oil blend to my scalp and gave myself a decent scalp massage. Applied my conditioner after that. Now sitting under the heat cap for 30 minutes at least.

My scalp is feeling much better.

mscocopuff

I will be using Jamaican Black Castor oil.
Using it 5 - 6 nights a week
I mix with Eucalyptus Oil and Jojoba Oil.

Here is my starting Pic:

I have been using CO for a few months now and love the results so I am excited to see what will happen with this challenge! Definitely count me in!

Aggie

I have some Blue Magic Castor Oil grease that I will be using to sealin my texlaxed curls for today. I will be wearing it in a wash and go bun. I will see how my hair likes this and if it does, I will continue to use it this way.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Used castor oil on my scalp today. I had some braids put in which will be in at least until april so I plan on oiling my scalp at least 3x weekly