*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

MicheePrings

hair4romheaven said:
Anymore protein junkies out there????

I've actually been drinking my own version of this recipe since the third week of May this year and I am really enjoying it. I was drinking it every morning with the exception of I week when I went on vacation and since the past month I'm drinking it alternate days.
The results I have noticed are extremely fast growing and hard nails. As for my hair I'm not really sure of any results. I did gain some weight with this however that is a plus for me. Even if I don't see any big diffidence in hair results I'm enjoying the nutritional benefits of this cocktail.

My version includes
1 organic egg
2 tbls wheat germ
1 tbls hemp hearts
3/4 cup soy milk
a dash of nutmeg and vanilla essence for flavor
I take a tbls of hemp seed oil to the head and drink it down with the smoothie. Btw I could not find wheat germ oil locally so I just use hemp seed oil.

Eta: correct autocorrect

Last edited:

LovinCurls

rmwms just finished drinking my shake :lick::lick: and my roots feel a little thick I have been drinking it on and off the last three months. But since its the first of Jan 2013 I'm going hard this year and sticking to my challenges.

rmwms

I am going to try this again also...I did it for awhile back in 10 but it didn't do much for my hair however it made my boobs very perky. I have experience another major set back. I'm going to add this and two other things to my routine. hopefully my hair will get back on track. At least my boobs will be perky. ..lol

reichan84

Been lurking this forum for ages and this post inspired me to finally register and subscribe...

I have a question. Will this shake have the same effect if I don't use the wheat germ oil? I can find raw wheat germ in my local stores, but not the oil. If I just use the raw wheat germ will it still have the same effect?

Solila

Hello everyone. I have been a long time lurker and have finally opened an account this year:). I wanted to know if anyone is still doing this and had any significant results. All answers and info will be much appreciated and encouraging:). I'm starting at ear length and hoping for long and strong:)

I've been doing this on and off for a few years now, but without a shadow of a doubt, this really works. You do need to maintain a good diet though, so you might want to glance at the 7 Day menu that was posted.
I'm back to doing this again. I've been trying to be more consistent.

intellectualuva

Two meals???? Did you lose weight doing this? How long did you do this? And what else did you eat? I may have to try this......:yep:

YesTexasdymond. However instead of adding fruit....most days I just added 4oz of Green Goodness and it was great. I lost 10 lbs in May after losing nothing in April. On the days I ate lunch rather than grazing while at work, I had normal lunches....salads, chicken/fish and veggies, wraps....hell a few days I had PBJ. Lol

I'll check in at the end of month....shooting for at least another 10.

Anyway, I'm trying to avoid sugar/do very low carb his month.....added nothing to it this AM and barely choked it down.

yodie

Drinking one now. I added spinach to mine. I need to tweak this because it doesn't taste too good.

ETA: Never grew waist length hair, but I lost a nice amount of weight.

smores

I've been thinking about supplementing smoothies for at least one meal in 2014. May try this. Subscribing to this thread for inspiration.

NaturalfienD

I've been having the egg cocktail every morning, for a week now. I am not the biggest fan of eggs but after seeing this thread, I figured I would give it a shot. The shake does not taste bad at all … it tastes like cake batter to me.

I like drinking this shake before my workouts as it gives me energy. It does keep me full for a couple of hours, which is great because when I arrive to work, I start working immediately.
I follow the recipe on page one with the exception of the WGO (I sub 1 tbsp of flaxseed) and I add a dash of cinnamon, cause I'm cold like that. So far, so good .

So, for the rest of 2014, y'all can call me Egg Shake Shawty. I'm planning on gaining tons of growth with this sulfur/protein packed shake.

Happy hair growing …

bronxchick

Candied Yam
I've been having the egg cocktail every morning, for a week now. I am not the biggest fan of eggs but after seeing this thread, I figured I would give it a shot. The shake does not taste bad at all … it tastes like cake batter to me.

I like drinking this shake before my workouts as it gives me energy. It does keep me full for a couple of hours, which is great because when I arrive to work, I start working immediately.
I follow the recipe on page one with the exception of the WGO (I sub 1 tbsp of flaxseed) and I add a dash of cinnamon, cause I'm cold like that. So far, so good .

So, for the rest of 2014, y'all can call me Egg Shake Shawty. I'm planning on gaining tons of growth with this sulfur/protein packed shake.

Happy hair growing …

I just bought my items for this shake. The wheat germ was really inexpensive. The oil was about $14 and I got 2 lbs. of wheat germ for $2. I'm going to start Monday morning after my liver cleanse Sunday night.

Keep us posted on your progress, please. :)

Attachments

• image-4238157428.jpg
    image-4238157428.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 39

bronxchick

Candied Yam
Welp, this week is a bust. I have a monster head cold so the drink and my co-wash are both pushed back until next week.

NaturalfienD

Welp, this week is a bust. I have a monster head cold so the drink and my co-wash are both pushed back until next week.

I hope you feel better soon BronxChick ... please comeback and let us know when you drink your first shake and what you think about it. :yep:

I am still drinking the shake. I am planning on posting a picture in here once I do my LC next week. My goal is to drink this stuff until the end of the year, to see if I get to WL hair early (my goal is by December 2015 but if I can get there by the end of this year, babay ...)

If I can get to WL this year :pray:, hopefully the pictures will inspire other folks who are fearful of drinking egg shakes. :lick:

MsLoni

I just bought my items for this shake. The wheat germ was really inexpensive. The oil was about $14 and I got 2 lbs. of wheat germ for $2. I'm going to start Monday morning after my liver cleanse Sunday night.

Keep us posted on your progress, please. :)
bronxchick, where did you find that much wheat germ for 2.00?

Sade'

I'm in on this. I'll hit Whole Foods tomorrow for some WGO, Cashew Milk, Bananas & Wheat Germ Powder. I have plenty of eggs in here.

Texasdymond

I keep going back and forth with starting this drink again. I have a feeling that if I was really consistent I would get great results. But the taste is a turn off for me. I don't know.