February 2014 Hits & Missess

FelaShrine

It is lol I wanna ask if she's still using a certain pink leave-in :look: :lol:

my sister stole mine recently..might have to order another

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Major Hit Diluting Darcy's Transitioning Cream and spraying my new growth with it. I think this will be my go to spray from now on. - 2 parts Cream/Moisturizer - 1 part Water

I've been diluting mine with Darcy's herbal leave in spritz..I just reordered since I was running low on both.

Hit- Hairveda Cocasta Shikakia (sp?) oil. Love how it softens my hair, I like applying it to my new growth to seal.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Continued Hits:

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo: Clean, soft hair. Smells yummy.

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie: Excellent moisture for my hair. Great for twist outs as well. Staple

Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer: Very smooth consistency, smooths onto my hair effortlessly as if there were silicones inside. Smells good and holds in moisture for days. HG product.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Miss: My experience visiting Healthy Hair Dimensions Hair Care and Body shop here in Atlanta (well, Tucker, Ga., about 20-25 minutes away)

The whole experience was something else. They had a lot of good lines, but they were priced higher than the regular venders prices. The lady told me this was to make up for the shipping costs. So like, a 16 ounce Hair Dew which is normally $20.99 was like $25.99.

Dang, that sucks NaturallyATLPCH that you had that experience. I love that place! I usually go there in the mornings when the guy Marcus is there. He's really nice and very helpful to customers. Ladies be asking him mad questions and he is very knowledgeable about the products and even some techniques. I've never met the lady you mention before.

As far as mark-ups, that is a lot for the Hair Dew. I usually pick up one or two Hairveda or Soultanicals things and the markups are only like a dollar or so on those items. I don't mind slight markups like that, but you're right, 5 dollars is too much.

oneastrocurlie

Hits:
-Avoiding these vday sales like the plague
-Bee Mine DC & Aphoghee 2 Min Reconstructor combo - I used the Aphoghee first then the Bee Mine on top. Nice soft hair. I'm convinced my hair and protein are best friends.

Continued hits:
-Elucence Clarifying Shampoo
-PBN Cupuacu Hair Butter

On the fence:
Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner as a leave in. I wanted to use more to detangle but didn't want to use too much that I would have needed to rinse it out. I'll try it as a rinse out next time.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Continued Hits:
SD Shea What!- Left it in overnight and no overloads. My hair felt nice. Just nice. Thats rare for my hair. My hair didn't break wet when stretched, actually resisted, so I was pleased. Thats why i like this conditioner.

Kanechom Shea Butter and Keratin- Left it on for 10 minutes after rinsing the Shea What! just for a little detangling action. Did not disappoint at all and my hair was a breeze during setting

Newest Hit:
Inphenom Hair Treatment- I keep thinking this stuff is going to give me an overload, but it really works well. It really is good for dry hair and I don't have to moisturize my hair between wash days when I use it. My hair is soft, breaks less and looks fresh every day. It doesn't "die" gradually which I hate when I roller set. Its also keeping my ends good. Do I smell retention?

EnExitStageLeft

Newest Hit:
Inphenom Hair Treatment- I keep thinking this stuff is going to give me an overload, but it really works well. It really is good for dry hair and I don't have to moisturize my hair between wash days when I use it. My hair is soft, breaks less and looks fresh every day. It doesn't "die" gradually which I hate when I roller set. Its also keeping my ends good. Do I smell retention?

Inphenom Daily?! My pockets would be crying right now lol

tapioca_pudding

Possible miss - stretching. Working out daily and fine hair don't seem to work well with stretching. I likely can't go longer than 10 weeks.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Newest Hit:
Hairveda Sitrinillah DC (I really didn't think my hair would like it because it didn't seem like much but I was wrong)

Continued Hits:
Steaming with DCs (can't believe I didn't start this sooner)
Komaza Care Matani Leave In (despite having proteins in it, it is so moisturizing for me)
Komaza Care Vitamin Reign (my ends LOVE this spray)
Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp (doing a great job sealing in my moisture during M&S lately and I LOVE the scent)

Pennefeather

Major Hit
Diluting Darcy's Transitioning Cream and spraying my new growth with it. I think this will be my go to spray from now on.

- 2 parts Cream/Moisturizer
- 1 part Water

Her creme is thick. I'm mixing in some of my shea butter mixture. I was going to use my kenugreek oil, but I don't like the smell. Maybe I'll try some wheat germ oil in the future.

EnExitStageLeft

Hit:

This blow out. My hair is fluffy, soft and smooth. My high bun was poppin' today :). 2 weeks haircare (mostly) free YAYYYYYY!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Hit:
SSI Coco Cream leave-in - I wasn't expecting to like this, but it leaves my hair so soft

SSI Blueberry Cowash

--------

Miss:
SSI Banana Brulee DC - I like it better than the Moisture Riche, but the perfume smell gets to me

SSI Marshmallow Cream - I need water in my creams. Aloe Vera won't cut it. This left my hair dry and it has the perfume smell

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Relaxed Health Hair did an article about it. Its pricey but it works. Its a water based leave in. It works really well with heat. Think Aphoghee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructorizer minus the keratin but with ceramides. LOVE IT!

sharifeh

Yes to all of this. It's really good and moisturizing. The aphogee mentioned is too much for me but the inphenom works much better for me. My hair gets a tad straighter and I use less product during the week. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone with dry hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Jessicurl's Too Shea!
Hairitage Hydrations Jar of Joe *pre-drama*:look:
Fleurtzy's Deep Conditioning Treatment
Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Oil
DevaCurl No Poo

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Miss

USPS and their shenanigans lately, Missing three packages.

Hits
Bobeams Coco Honey and Amla conditioning poo bar, instant lather, cleansed 9 weeks of dirt and left hair supple

Lakshmi Cupboards Amla Silk Deep Therapy Restorative masque with honey, sunk right into my hair even though its thick as heck

Soultanicals Afrotastic Deep conditioning treat, nice slip, creamy and only needed about 2 ozs for my entire head

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Misses:
SheaMoisture balancing conditioner- was just ok.
Jumbo flexirods- fail of epic proportions

Hits:
AIA coconut cowash
ITDF creme conditioner

Next month's temptations:
Edens bodyworks
Organic-Creations extra rich conditioner

Rozlewis

Hits:
Shescentit - Blueberry cowash
Sllk Dreams - Shea What Deux
Marie Dean - Argan oil
Luvs Naturals - Conditional Love as a cowash

Miss:
Not washing all the henna out of my head. Had to get back in the shower after I was 75% dry. First time this ever happened to me.

IronButterfly

HIT
Ynobe Flaxseed Gel Smoothie. First day best wash 'n go ever! Hair was springy and soft and coily in places it never ever coils. Dried to perfection.

MISS
Ynobe Flaxseed Gel Smoothie. 2nd day hair was non-existent except in that small area at the nape of neck that harbors true curls. Hair looked like a big ol' cotton ball. May have to work on my technique. le sigh...

SweetlyCurly

HIT
Ynobe Flaxseed Gel Smoothie. First day best wash 'n go ever! Hair was springy and soft and coily in places it never ever coils. Dried to perfection.

MISS
Ynobe Flaxseed Gel Smoothie. 2nd day hair was non-existent except in that small area at the nape of neck that harbors true curls. Hair looked like a big ol' cotton ball. May have to work on my technique. le sigh...

Does it have any hold?

Healthb4Length

Hits
Mini twists as protective style for 4 weeks, very versatile--I can curl them, wear them in updos etc saves a bunch of time styling and I look cute.

Cowboy Magic detangler--so glad I didn't throw this out. Stuff lasts forever and is great for detangling knots, helped removal of above hairstyle simple.

Aphogee 2 minute keratin Reconstructor- nice quick protein boost, hair remained so soft.

Finger detangling-- yes it's time consuming but it works. I'm moving more towards this method and using less styling tools.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Blairx0

HIT

MISS

I'm shocked. I really like this product, but I never used it for a wash and go