February Hair Update/ Length check- Pic Heavy

mEmYSELFaNDj

Hey ladies just stopping in with new update pics. So yesterday I decided to flat iron, because I was getting tired of slicked back buns and ponytails plus this weekend is Valentines so I wanted to wear my hair down. Anyways on Wednesday I sectioned my hair in four, applied Whale Sperm rinse to each section(lol dont laugh its a Dominican Product and Im in love, it makes my hair sooo soft on contact, it gies more slip than any other product I have tried like seriously), then I detangled while it was still on my hair, After detangling I rinsed the section and then I banded it with 4-5 hair bands to stretch my hair. I did this to all four sections. Then I applied Lacio Lacio to each banded section. Tied it down with my silk scarf and then went to sleep. In the morning it had dried, I took the bands out, and my hair kind of looked like a braid out, but since I had to go to work and i didnt want to get any tangles, knowing I would be flat ironing later, I pulled all my hair back into one pony tail and banded it and tucked it under. After work when I got home I started flat ironing right away. I put my hair back into 4 sections. I used tresemme heat protectant while flat ironing. After I was done I put some argan oil on my hair just to lay down the fly aways near my crown area. Actually I have some major breakage in my crown area, but idk what its from. Anyways on to the pics.

oh and here's the link to my last update. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/488222-july-31st-updates-pics.html

This is right after I finished flat ironing. The back doesnt look that much longer then it was in my last update but the front is noticeably longer.

I haven't trimmed since Dec 2008, I'm afraid of the scissors ya'll, but I'm promise in August I will do a nice trim.

Please excuse my dirty mirror.

I was feeling myself after I flat ironed, so I had to go put some make up on.:grin:

Oh and I couldnt leave without giving you guys some update pics of my lil one, cause he's on a hair journey too he just doesnt know it. lol
I only use Long Term Relationship leave in and Coconut oil on his hair. He usually has a big ol curly afro like this:

Last weekend he had 4 cornrows for the first time, looking like a lil baby gangsta lol I had to take them out because I missed his looking like a baby baby.
My boys and I.

Alright welll that's it for this update. I do have more pics in my fotki(link in siggy) if you wanna check them out.

Last edited:

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
Very nice!! Your hair looks shiney. Good growth retention

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

sweetp0105

Very pretty. Great progress. In regards to the breakage around the crown area, I had the same experience and figured out that it was an issue that came from wearing too many head bands. I used to wear head bands to push my hair away from my face because I worked in a hospital lab. After a little while, I noticed breakage that marked the area of where I used to place them. My suggestion is that if you are wearing head bands frequently (not the silk or thick ones, but the thinner ones that have a lot of elastic), try to avoid them for a little bit. I only wear them once in a while, and I try to avoid pulling my hair back due to the gentle crown area. (I've seen great results with this). HTH

mEmYSELFaNDj

You and your family have such pretty hair. :yep:

And LOL @ the cornrow pictures!!
What happened? He looks so not amused. :rofl:
What happened was those braids!haha he looked mad the whole two days they were in. Thats why i took them out. They weren't tight though. I guess he just didn't like that look.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Very pretty. Great progress. In regards to the breakage around the crown area, I had the same experience and figured out that it was an issue that came from wearing too many head bands. I used to wear head bands to push my hair away from my face because I worked in a hospital lab. After a little while, I noticed breakage that marked the area of where I used to place them. My suggestion is that if you are wearing head bands frequently (not the silk or thick ones, but the thinner ones that have a lot of elastic), try to avoid them for a little bit. I only wear them once in a while, and I try to avoid pulling my hair back due to the gentle crown area. (I've seen great results with this). HTH
That makes sense. I do wear headbands a lot. and I also have a lot of breakage down my middle part (thus the reason I opted for a side part), i usually wear a middle part with all my buns, my probably was could not take the constantly pulling in that area.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Gorgeous hair but...is your product really called whale sperm rinse???? :ohwell:
HAhaha exactly what I thought when I first saw it. After doing a lil research supposedly its not actually "Whale Sperm" its oil from a Sperm Whale. Im so glad i didnt let the name scare me off, because that right there is the business. My hair was sooo soft, had soooo much slip, it was soo easy to detangle my hair with it. When i first put it on my hair I was lowkey upset because my hair started feeling so soft (like what i imagine texlaxed hair feels like) that i thought, what the hell is in this product because my natural hair has never felt like this, it better not be no relaxer ish. lol i tried to look up the ingredients to see if they are bad or what but idk anyone who wants to know ingredients are as follows: water, citrid acid, ammonium, cetyl alcohol, metil paraben, propil paraben, whale sperm, blue no. 1, and fragrance.

GreenEyedJen

Wow, I think you are sooo pretty! And your little one looked too cute with the cornrows!

That Whale Sperm rinse IS the biz. Dominicans have the natural hair game on lock.