FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE. Spinoff for 09 BC.

countrychickd

So I've been wearing some mini twists in my hair since last Sunday. I'm hoping to get at least two weeks out of this protective style, if not more. I hope this helps my in retaining length.

ParagonTresses

i am not in this challenge as of yet but i was just gonna say that this happened to me before too. i had so much oil in my hair from when i had a weave in it so when i added a protein/moisture conditioner to my hair it felt like plaque on my hair! i thought it was just me, but i used acv/ baking soda and come clean clarifying shampoo, and it felt queaky clean, but it still had moisture as well.

[/B]

Ok so I just finished my first week with it, and it had to go under the sink. I washed my hair and I think it left THE WORST build up on my hair. :nono: I mean, it was like toothpaste-cheese in my hair. I did several ACV rinses and that didn't work, so I did bentonite clay two nights in a row and that pretty much did the trick. I have a few braids that still have some build up, so I think I'll have to do the clay treatment again. I'm guessing I used too much oil and it just stuck to the conditioner from my wash, IDK? But I won't be using that for a while. I'll stick with my Doo Gro.

Same here ladies. I shampooed my hair four times in one day and still had build up throughout my hair that whole week. I had purchased it months before using it and thought it had gotten "old." Maybe I used too much but I won't be trying it out again to find out...

Good luck on the challenge every one!!!

Platinum

I would like to join, I have 3 inches of 4a/4b hair. I big chopped aug. 2009

Welcome Tess! However you may want to join the other BC to Waistlength challenge because I believe there are more ladies in that one around the same length as you.:yep:

Platinum

I'm starting to have a little shedding now so I'm about to start back on garlic capsules. I've been cowashing with TreSemme Naturals and Aubreys Organics Honeysuckle Rose condish. These conditioners are great! They give great slip without the cones and I love the way the Honeysuckle scent. I still plan to use Suave Humectant when doing Henna treatments.

I've been using my MN/Sulfur mix, too early to tell if there's any growth.

Last edited:

Missjae09

I just co-washed with some old school Cholesterol conditioner but I added a little of my oil concoction and in addition to that I added some extra macadamia nut oil. I sit under my steamer for about 20minutes and I must say.. I was very pleased with my hair. It was super soft. I will definitely be doing this again.

I decided to style with flat twist set... they didn't look bad so I decided to wear the twist for a few days before taking it down and to wear the "wavy/crinkled" look.

I plan to soon add silk peptide to my conditioner. I hope it goes well:peace:

nikki2229

As promised, the silicone/silicone-free comparison pics!

Both are completely dry wash and goes with Yes to Cucumbers which I left in, sealed with a bit of afroveda oil.

What a major difference! The bottom pic is from 2 months of using no cones?

Loves Harmony

Hello Ladies!
I was wondering how do you combat with heat this summer? I wish i could find someone to braid my hair but i just moved to Mississippi in i dont know anyone around here.

Platinum

Hello Ladies!
I was wondering how do you combat with heat this summer? I wish i could find someone to braid my hair but i just moved to Mississippi in i dont know anyone around here.

I just decided to not even fight with my hair. The easiest and less time consuming thing for me is to cowash everyday, moisturize, and wear it in a puff. Hopefully, the others can chime in to help you with this.

Missjae09

Hello Ladies!

It's soooo hot I've been wearing braidouts/twistouts and flat twist. I've straightened a couple of times for special occasions but it's much easier to wear protective styles and not fight against the elements. Honestly when my hair was straight I couldn't wait to co-wash and get back to my protective styles.. in addition to not not fighting the humidity it's easier for me to keep it moisturized.

also, I learned to do flat twist on youtube.

Attachments

• IMG00057-20100611-1951.jpg
    IMG00057-20100611-1951.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG00173-20100707-1826.jpg
    IMG00173-20100707-1826.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG00306-20100716-1938.jpg
    IMG00306-20100716-1938.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 22

Platinum

I baggied last night with Worlds of Curls moisturizer spray and sealed with Haitian Black Castor oil and my hair is so soft today! I still have a few bottles of the oil but I may look into purchasing more. I'm also thinking about trying Jamaican Black Castor oil so I can compare the two oils.

I can't believe it's been almost 3 months since I BC'd. Time flies! I'm so happy with my growth and retention. Even my slow growing nape that always seemed to break off is now a few inches long!:woohoo: Keep up the good work Ladies!

LadyPBC

Re: FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE. SPINOFF.

Thanks for this challenge and please count me in. I need the support - maybe this will help me to focus! YAY!!!

FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE. Spinoff.
Requirements to join:

1. You must be 100% natural.
2. You must be serious.
3. You must have BC'd in 2009 and/ or have no more than 9 inches and no less than 5 inches of stretched hair. LESS THAN 5 INCHES GO TO ORIGINAL CHALLENGE.http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=479554 (Exceptions may be made for people who have lost hair due to ill-health or trauma and those on the border) PM Platinum.
4. Your hair goals must be for healthy, natural WL or beyond hair.

Aggie

Still rocking my extension braids and juicing it daily. Trying hard to keep my hands out of my hair, hence the braids.

moore.1506

All right now this is where I belong lol! I would like to join the challenge and here are my details:

Okay Op here are some better details...

Im in the middle of a big transition Im moving to China so I decided to start fresh and BC. I was APL and never cut my hair before EVER. Now im trying to get it together.

Im gonna try to keep my reggy simple cause im not sure of the polution over there or whats avaliable
  • Wash with any shampoo (as long as ph balanced)
  • Deep condition with nexus humectress, or/and olive oil replenishing conditioner depending on if I need moisture or protien
  • Leave in condition with kimay's mix (youtube natural) includes kinky curly leave in, jojoba oil, castor oil, aloe vera juce
  • Moisture daily (if needed) with water and vegetable glycerin
  • Seal with jojoba and possibly shea butter
  • Aloe gel or shea butter to hold down edges
Im about 5 inches 4b maybe some 4a if I am a 4a its very very dense but I will upload a pic when I wash agian for opinions on that.

I wanna work on Protective Styling but I don't know what to do with this length I really don't want to add hair cause I get annoyed with the hair quickly I just had kinky twists for 2 and 1/2 weeks and took them out cause they were itchy and annoying....so advice would be greatly appreciated :look:

Last relaxer was June 1st 2009.
Year long transition Bc June 7th 2010

my fotki with my bc pics
http://public.fotki.com/tmoore/big-chop/

and here are some length pics as well as my current twist out style
(sorry pics big I dont know how to shrink them down :perplexed)

Last edited:

SouthernBeauty

Hi everyone! I did a prepoo earlier, wash, and deep conditioning.... I will be putting some twist in for the rest of the week. Monday I will be joining my husband on a business trip so I am going to try to rollerset my twist for the first time. Hopefully it turns out right.

SouthernBeauty

Hello Ladies!
Since I am a housewife and I am at home most of the time I wear scarves. If I am not wearing scarves I wear twist or a wash n go.

Loves Harmony

Hello ladies i decided to wear a twist out today and it was so pretty. The only problem is when i walked outside my hair just turned into frizz. Help

Aggie

Welcome Moore1506 to the BC to waist Length challenge. I think you may qualify for the other challenge though because of your length. I believe you are around 3-4 inches except in the front which seem to be 4.5 to 5 inches. I guess you can stay here because of the length in the front. HHG!

moore.1506

Welcome Moore1506!:bouncy: Your hair is pretty!
Thank you! Thats a twist out style tho, I am going to add some true texture shots to my fotki tonight though cause I am starting to get confused about my hair texture. :ohwell:

Hi everyone! I did a prepoo earlier, wash, and deep conditioning.... I will be putting some twist in for the rest of the week. Monday I will be joining my husband on a business trip so I am going to try to rollerset my twist for the first time. Hopefully it turns out right.

That sounds really cute! Are you going to keep the twists in or turn it into a twist out?

Hello ladies i decided to wear a twist out today and it was so pretty. The only problem is when i walked outside my hair just turned into frizz. Help

Do you twist out on dry or wet hair? When I do mine I get less frizz on a wet twist out that I let air dry overnight.

Welcome Moore1506 to the BC to waist Length challenge. I think you may qualify for the other challenge though because of your length. I believe you are around 3-4 inches except in the front which seem to be 4.5 to 5 inches. I guess you can stay here because of the length in the front. HHG!

Thats what I thought when I first measured but I re-measured and I'm right around 4.5 -5 inches all around. Im telling you that shrinkage! :spinning:

Prettyeyes

CHALLENGER LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!

BTW, I will update the challenger list about twice a month but if you have not posted or PM'd your length in inches and are not 100% natural you will not be added until I know!!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
My hair looks bigger already and it hasn't even been a month :yep:. I will not measure until August 3rd.

Platinum

I'm thinking about Henna'ing my hair this weekend and I'll probably start using Megatek next week. I still have a big bottle of MTG at home so I'm going to try to figure out how I may want to incorporate this into my regimen.

Prettyeyes

Let's start talking about our Product/Technique/Style of the Month for August!

What have you been doing, what is working?? Anything really making this phase easier or helping with growth or retention?