FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE. Spinoff for 09 BC.

Platinum

I've been absent for a few days because my wireless card for my laptop stopped working.:wallbash::wallbash: I should have another one in a few days. Welcome Newcomers!

For those of you that are using curl activators and moisturizers, let me remind you to make sure you use a protein product from time to time to prevent moisture overload. I like to use a light protein condish atleast twice a week (my hair loves protein so if you're protein sensitive, you may want to use it less often). I use Suave Extreme Care conditioner (similar to Redken but very inexpensive) followed by a moisturizing conditioner. I also have an Infusium 23 rinse out conditioner that I haven't tried yet. I'll post a review of this product soon.

Prettyeyes

I would like to join this challenge. Please add me. I will post pictures later.
I need to know the length of your hair!!!

Count me in! My last relaxer was in April 2009 and I BC'ed on June 15,2010. I have a mixture of 3c/4a hair everywhere except in the front, which doesn't seem to want to curl. :nono: Anywho my current regimen is very simple:
  • I co wash 3-4 days a week with sauve almond and shea butter (or any other conditioner laying around)
  • I wet bun or wash-n-go with kinkly curly most days of the week
  • I shampoo once a week with desert essence thouroughly clean face wash (yes, face wash. It has castile soap in it and a lot of other good oils. It also makes my scalp feel great and doesnt dry out my hair)
  • I also DC with every shampoo wash or more if im bored/have time
I will post pics shortly.
I need to know the length of your hair!!!

SouthernBeauty

Hi everyone!!!! Today I am doing a prepoo with Pantene Natural & Relaxed Conditioner, honey, and Olive oil w/ heat for 30 minutes! I will do a wash with Aussie Moist Shampoo, dc with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and Coconut Oil for an hour w/ heat, massage, and then twist for my protective style.

manter26

I'm in yarn braids right now and loving them. I think I did them too big and too short bc I was afraid to run out of yarn. I spray them with Avocado Mist when I don't cowash. I'll redo with new yarn when my natural hair reaches within 1" of yarn length...which shouldn't be long bc I've gotten 1/4" in a week.

countrychickd

I'd love to join this challenge! My last relaxer was December 18, 2008 and I BCed on July 28, 2009. My hair type is a 3c/4a, and the front of my hair behaves strangely. My regimen consists of mostly twist outs. I DC and wash once a week and complete twists on wet hair using Long Aid Activator gel. I rock that twist out the rest of the week by retwisting my hair at night using minimal manipulation. I'll post pics of my straightened hair soon to show a length check. My hair is also about 6 inches, give or take an inch in certain areas.

Last edited:

LoveCraze

Naturalista
THE TECHNIQUE OF THE MONTH FOR JULY 2010 IS NATURALLY SOOTHING YOUR SCALP.
:yep:
One way is to mix these items and apply to scalp.
1oz JBCO
1oz AVG
10 drops of rosemary, peppermint, ylang ylang, tea tree and cedarwood
.2oz emulsifier
1/4 tsp Germall Plus

or Apply essential oils

or rub in aloe vera gel.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE MORE IDEAS THROUGHOUT THE MONTH!!

nominated by Winona, 4bslbound and GreenD in order

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but what is AVG??? I know ACV is apple cider vinegar.

Lishaboo

I'd love to join this challenge! My last relaxer was December 18, 2008 and I BCed on July 28, 2009. My hair type is a 3c/4a, and the front of my hair behaves strangely. My regimen consists of mostly twist outs. I DC and wash once a week and complete twists on wet hair using Long Aid Activator gel. I rock that twist out the rest of the week by retwisting my hair at night using minimal manipulation. I'll post pics of my straightened hair soon to show a length check. My hair is also about 6 inches, give or take an inch in certain areas.

Wow your hair looks similar to mines. My last relaxer was Dec 08 as well but I didn't BC until June 2010. Love your progress!!

Loves Harmony

Well i decided today to mix up a few oil for my crown.Ive been having problems with my scalp itching. It feel alot better today. I decided to stop co washing everyday and going back to once a week.

Similie

I did a black tea rinse, deep conditioned and massaged my scalp for 15 minutes tonight.

I'm thinking that I might have to cut my hair at the back due to heat damage from my last press. :sad:

countrychickd

Wow your hair looks similar to mines. My last relaxer was Dec 08 as well but I didn't BC until June 2010. Love your progress!!

Thanks so much! I would love to see pictures of your hair! So you just BCed! Congrats! You must have great length. How are you enjoying your natural experience so far?

beauti4dlo

Things are going great ladies!!! I think there's going to be lots of twist and braids and weaves!!! I've been doing good with the moisturizing sessions!!! Still super stoked

countrychickd

I think I'll be doing a personal protective style challenge for 4 months. I know that'll be the best thing for my hair,and I can retain length that way.

Platinum

I'm thinking about going back to Megatek and/or MTG. I didn't really give MTG a chance the first time I tried it because I was put off by the smell.:perplexed I'll probably try mixing it with a few EOs this time. I don't remember getting super fast growth with Megatek like some of the other ladies but my hair thickened up fast.:yep:

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
I'm thinking about going back to Megatek and/or MTG. I didn't really give MTG a chance the first time I tried it because I was put off by the smell.:perplexed I'll probably try mixing it with a few EOs this time. I don't remember getting super fast growth with Megatek like some of the other ladies but my hair thickened up fast.:yep:

I would like to try the megatek but i keep hearing that it makes your hair shed :ohwell:

Aggie

Thanks Aggie, I tried the tea rinses and it was too time consuming for me. I only bought the rogaine because it didn't require any mixing :perplexed. Does saw palmetto work topically?

The shampoo and conditioner I mentioned earlier works very well on my hair to control excess shedding. I am happy with them and I order them frequently plus they smell delicious. Log on to www.vitacost.com and read a few of the reviews before purchasing to see if they are something you might be interested in.

Last edited:

Grand Prix

I want in!

I BC'd again yesterday. I didn't measure but I might have about 4 inches.

@Grand Prix what products are you using? your curls are popping!

Thank you!

My favorite conditioner is Yes to Cucumbers.
It has great ingredients, no cones but a lot of slip. It clumps my curls better than any other conditioner and when it dries it doesn't become as crunchy.

I apply the conditioner as though making a ponytail, smoothing it all back to stretch the curl and then leave the conditioner in.

No cones have helped a lot in the way my WnG's look, I'll be back to post pics, it's a real difference!

My favorite combo with this conditioner is Curls Gel-les'c, but that's too expensive for me to be using every day, so I also like to use Afroveda's Totally Twisted hair butter or a heavy oil to seal and keep my hair from getting crunchy.

Ms_CoCo37

Okay, so I bc'd last August after transitioning for 2 years. My hair is in layers, but the longest part is now BSL. Is this too long to join the challenge?

I feel like my hair isn't growing fast enough. :perplexed

GreenD

Has anyone tried Wild Growth oil? I read the reviews on Amazon so I bought some yesterday from the BSS that I'll start using tonight for my daily massages.

Aggie

Okay, so I bc'd last August after transitioning for 2 years. My hair is in layers, but the longest part is now BSL. Is this too long to join the challenge?

I feel like my hair isn't growing fast enough. :perplexed

Come right in Ms_CoCo. You'll be in the lead with your hair growth, that's all:grin:.

Ms_CoCo37

Come right in Ms_CoCo. You'll be in the lead with your hair growth, that's all:grin:.

YAY!!! Thanks Aggie!:dance7:

Right now, my current reggie is pretty simple:

Daily co-washing and wash n' gos. (Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Condish)
Bi-weekly Steam Treatment with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Treatment
Shampoo 1/wk with Taliah Waajid Black Shampoo and Condish

I'm really interested in trying the Ovation Cell Therapy, but for the life of me, I can't find any current reviews/updates. I tried starting a thread earlier, but, unfortunately, I can't get any responses.:nono:

Ms_CoCo37

Ops! I forgot to post a starting pic:

Platinum

I would like to try the megatek but i keep hearing that it makes your hair shed :ohwell:

I didn't have any problem with shedding. A lot of ladies, including myself took garlic pills when using Megatek to curb the shedding. :yep: There are also other alternatives as well. You can try using a garlic shampoo or add garlic powder to your conditioner. Hope this helps.

Has anyone tried Wild Growth oil? I read the reviews on Amazon so I bought some yesterday from the BSS that I'll start using tonight for my daily massages.

I use Wild Growth Hair oil as a scalp oil. I don't get any "wild growth" per se but I like it.:yep:

jamoca5

Sweet! I'm in! :yay: EXCITED! My regimen is simple: I cowash daily with HE None of Your Frizziness/ Yes to Carrots/ Bedhead Moisture Maniac/ Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition...basically a combo of at least 2 of my staple cheapie faves. Then I rinse, squeeze excess water, put in a generous amount of Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish Condish and some SheaMoisture Curl Smoothie. I put a little Garnier Wax on my front edges and comb through with my Denman (Teri's method), finger twirl some curls, brush the front down and put a hair zing in. Finger style the hair that is out, a little eco styler gel on my edges, scarf on my edges for about 20 mins while I get dress and go. (SEE SIGGY PIC FOR EXAMPLE OF FINISHED STYLE) I deep condish overnight with a baggy, baggied while exercising or under a dryer baggied about once every week or two. I only poo when I feel buildup or my hair won't act right, which is about once every 2-3 weeks. I get ends dusted every 3 months. Once my hair dries, if I have an event later in the evening, I brush it back into a loose puff sometimes and add a flower! Voila! WL in 2013, here I come! :D :D

I'm excited! I take GNC Be Beautiful Hair, Nails & Skin Vits.
Transition twin, this is my DREAM REGIMEN. For some reason, I still can't master Teri's method, but I'm getting there.

By the way, how do you have time in the morning to wash daily?

Prettyeyes

Anybody else here hate shampoo? My natural hair takes days to RECOVER after my shampoo, ugh, I am only shampooing once a month basically to remove buildup. I hate shampoo day!!!
I am a co-washer FOR LIFE!!

Last edited:

Vintageglam

ooh so glad this thread was bumped up as i was looking for it :lol:

anyway tonight is pre-poo night an tomorrow i will wash and dc. I haven;t shampooed for a few weeks so I will hit the shampoo. I also discovered recently that my hair takes weeks to recover from shampoo so I have started shampooing 1-2x a month max.

ETA: wrong thread this is the spinnie - does anyone know where the original thread is???

Prettyeyes

ooh so glad this thread was bumped up as i was looking for it :lol:

anyway tonight is pre-poo night an tomorrow i will wash and dc. I haven;t shampooed for a few weeks so I will hit the shampoo. I also discovered recently that my hair takes weeks to recover from shampoo so I have started shampooing 1-2x a month max.

ETA: wrong thread this is the spinnie - does anyone know where the original thread is???

The link is on page one!!!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I want to join....I think. I'm not sure that WL is my goal....

Last relaxer: July 1, 2009
BC: July 3, 2010
Length: 5 inches
Hair type: 4a

Regimen:
Cowash daily
DC 2x/wk with steam
Shampoo 1x/wk
Whole head baggy nightly
Cassia or rhassoul clay gloss quarterly
Protein treatment 1x/month
Clarify 1x/month
Claudie's Scalp elixir as a growth aide at least 3x/wkly. Started this week.