From Locs to APL in 12 months!! Bluetopia's 1st Year Progress pics.(pic heavy)

MrsHdrLe

Thanks for sharing your hair transformation journey with us. (I'd love for you to start a blog sothat we can continue to follow your progress) You're a great story teller and asolutely adorable both loc'd and silky straight. Happy New Year, Happy New Hair!

wontonfm

Great story. Your hair looks fab! Although I would have RUN when I heard the girl say that she's never seen your type of hair before :)

Bluetopia

your hair looks great! i really like the term 'slinky hair'. i'm stealin that. ♥

You can have it! lol My strands are so wirey and coily....I couldn't even be offended because it really does look like mini Slinkies :rolleyes:

I love your story and how you are taking to heart the "each one teach one" mantra.

BTW: I honestly never knew you could take out locs. How cool is that?

i didn't know either until i stumbled upon it on Youtube and after watching a couple vids....at 2a.m (while the Twilight Zone marathon played in the background) I cut my first loc and started combing. The thing is I hadn't owned a comb in over 5 years so I had to use a fork to remove that first piece of hair and it took 2 hours :lachen:

:lick:@that shrinkage WOOWWWWW... Your hair is beautiful!!! and amazing progress..u'll be BSB in no time..

Thanks! I'm aiming for BSB by June/July.

My shrinkage is quite gangsta...in fact when folks complain about shrinkage I'm always like :rolleyes: "you have nooo idea".

Most people's natural hair is equivalent to mine lightly texturized.

janeemat

Beautiful progress. You just opened my eyes and now I'm wondering if I need to step up more moisture and back off the protein. I just always felt protein is my friend because of me being relaxed, but I have had more tangles lately.

Bluetopia

I feel so blessed to have just read your hairstory. Your hair is just GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing. I am hoping that you can get the dryness isue worked out. I love your hair.

SelfStyled - You're one of the ladies who got me comfy with half-wigs so I owe you a big Thanks!!

Beautiful progress. You just opened my eyes and now I'm wondering if I need to step up more moisture and back off the protein. I just always felt protein is my friend because of me being relaxed, but I have had more tangles lately.

I'm starting to feel like the poster child for protein overload. :look: The day I get my moisture game on lock I may just burst into tears (happy tears of course lol). Ruby has recommended I try Porosity Control so I ordered a 1oz trial size from Sally's online today :crossfingers:

Blu...you and your hair ...inspirational indeed...each one teach one....

oooh and you're hair is so shiny!!!! that's the kind of thickness and bling I'm working towards this year.

B3e

your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :lick: Amazing progress, I can only hope my 12 months is even half that productive :drunk:

Last edited:

cmw45

Wondeful progress...get a new stylist. She may be very talented but if her attitude is nochalance and then to blame you once she realizes you were right then that will be her attitude about a lot of things.

tenderheaded

What a heartwarming story about educationing your family!

Your hair looks wonderful! Whatever length you want is yours, because you're meeting your hair's needs!!!

Bluetopia

Wondeful progress...get a new stylist. She may be very talented but if her attitude is nochalance and then to blame you once she realizes you were right then that will be her attitude about a lot of things.

One thing I really appreciate is that she isn't nonchalant about my trims and knows I'd go batshyt if she cut too much. So I'm going to her for one of those Valentines day weekend

I'm on the fence about my next touch up though. May buy the Mizani Mild kit from Amazon and take my friend up on her offer to apply it for me.

kami02

I love your story! Especially you teaching the woman in your family how to moisturize and seal. It still amazes how the women in my family truly don't understand how to care for their hair.

Bluetopia

Yes baggying is the bizz! Have you joined our baggy challenge? It's gonna be a staple in my quest for healthy BSL hair this year.

Thanks you give me great hope for growth. I need to start baggying under my half wigs too!

Yeah that amazes me too :perplexed If we keep sharing just the basics of healthy hair care I imagine one day our daughters (and their daughters) wont have to contend with the same hair hangups that so many of us had to contend with before finding LHCF.

I love your story! Especially you teaching the woman in your family how to moisturize and seal. It still amazes how the women in my family truly don't understand how to care for their hair.

You're hair is Gorjuss!!! :lick:
Very inspirational! Beautiful progression. Great work, thanks for sharing.

Raspberry

What an awesome thread! Love your pics and progress...

I also have "slinky hair" (lol) and locs... so I'll be sure to bookmark this thread in case I want to go a different route in the future. I also have fast growing hair so I have no doubt I could have similar results.

MA2010

I loved reading your hair testimony. Your hair is beautiful! Do you ever think about transitioning back to natural?

Bluetopia

What an awesome thread! Love your pics and progress...

I also have "slinky hair" (lol) and locs... so I'll be sure to bookmark this thread in case I want to go a different route in the future. I also have fast growing hair so I have no doubt I could have similar results.

here's the thing...I'm not sure if I have fast growing hair :look:

ive recently started saying i do because others seem to think that (and also as a positive affirmation to ask the Universe to make it so lol :giggle:)

I kinda wonder tho...if I dont have regular growing hair and just happen to be really diligent about retention. I once measured my new growth 20 weeks into my last stretch and to my amazement discovered my hair grows exactly 1/8th of an inch a week which adds up to a 1/2 an inch a month

isn't that the norm that everyone speaks of?? :rolleyes: which goes to show retention is everything!