Full & Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge 2013

faithVA

This is both a challenge and a support group to love our crowns and edges back to a healthy, full and luscious state.

You are free to join at any time.

Share with us
1. The current state of your crown and/or edges.
2. What is your plan to restore these areas?
3. What products do you plan on using?
4. How often will you check in with us?

Optional
Starting Picture. I know some are sensitive about showing problem areas. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing a picture, please make sure you at least take 1 for future reference for comparison. You will find this really helpful in the future.

Helpful Links:

Grow Your Crown Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=433030

Post Your Positive Experience Using the Essential Oil Blend for Growth
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194211

How Mama Dukes Regrew Hair Edges in 5 Months!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=576343

Sulphur Oil Mix: What’s yours?
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=573955

Taking a 5000 mcg Biotin & B complex EVERDAY for the next 6 months
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=577003

The Best Growth Aid
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255785

Currently Using JBCO???
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=580709

sulfur challenge, 2011 edition
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=510494

Essential Oil Blend for Hair Growth
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=973

Ladies who have recovered from long-term scalp damage: help!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=569133

Rozlewis

Count me in.

Share with us
1. The current state of your crown and/or edges. - My crown is great but I need to work on my nape.
2. What is your plan to restore these areas? - Protective styling, daily massages, and plenty of moisture.
3. What products do you plan on using? - A variety of products. I will share them as I use them.
4. How often will you check in with us? - I will check in at least monthly and post monthly progress pictures.

I will post a starting picture on my next wash day which is Saturday.

SimJam

I'll check into this thread to give support. Im grateful for this thread as it helped me focus on my edges last year and now they are all filled in. Now I dont feel self conscious wearing puffs and buns :drunk:

nape is coming in slower than my edges, but its getting there

first pic is in june, last pic is just now

what worked was

1. moisturizing and sealing edges morning and evening
2. using sulphur based growth aids (hair trigger, liquid gold oil etc)
3. made a conscious effort to keep my hands out my hair (even had co-workers slapping me when they spotted me with my hands in my hair :lol:)

Attachments

• puffandedgesjune.jpg
    puffandedgesjune.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC03761.jpg
    DSC03761.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 218

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Back in!

Babying Nape area and around periphery where my Durag tore my hair up doing the double-tie under my Wig.:nono:

Will use a variety of growth aids, butters, oils, vitamins, M-R etc......

Will Check in often & support my fellow challengers!:grin:

Rozlewis

IDareT'sHair, what are you wearing under your wigs? I am new to wearing wigs and I purchased a Swig which is a silk wig cap. I have not used it yet because I have not worn my wig yet but I am curious as to what you will do to protect your periphery.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Rozlewis

I'm wearing a wig cap (the netted kind):ohwell: that is working better than the Men's Durag that I was double-tying *which caused damage*:nono:

I make sure I have the edges highly moisturized x2 per day. So far, it's recovering, but it's been a slow process.

I wish I would have caught that issue with the Durag in time.

It caused me a serious set-back when everything else was progressing.:sad:

ETA: I heard the Swig is pretty nice.

faithVA

1.The current state of your crown and/or edges.
My crown is so much better than when I started. I want to continue to improve it in 2013 to get it as full as I can.
I apply my oil blend pre-DC at least once a week. I do a scalp massage after oiling my crown. I make sure I massage this area well under running water. I detox with my mudwash 1x a month.
castor oil blend, terresential mudwash for detoxing, AO Blue Chamomile for scalp treatment
1x a month

Will post my starting pictures the first week of the New Year.

chassiecrane

I'm in :)

1. The current state of your crown and/or edges: recovering from PCOS related hair loss and traction alopecia (i thought i was the moesha of the 2000s)

2. What is your plan to restore these areas: I haven't been doing much to them but they have been filling in nicely, so I am going to try MN and JBCO to see if I can get a bit of a boost

3. What products do you plan on using: MN, JBCO, perhaps essential oil blend

4. How often will you check in with us: I weave up often so perhaps every 3-4 months

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I want to continue!

You are free to join at any time.

Share with us

1. Currently, I am working on thickening my edges.
2. I plan to massage them often, reduce stressful pulling, and brush very sparingly.
3. I will use my sulfur mix, castor oil, a sulfur infused pomade, and Jamaican black castor oil.
4. Often! Generally, I baby my edges 3-4x a week.

felic1

Well, I guess I will sign in and start this challenge. I was starting to think that I am in too many challenges. Anyway,
1. My crown and edges took a hit this summer. I knew not to fool with those sengelese twists. Oh, well. I had right front edge damage and some damage in the crown area.
2. I have been using JBCO, essential oils, scalp massages, and extension avoidance.
3. I also will be using MN mixed in SSI marula hemp with some JBCO. I will be using some WGO and hempseed oil as well. I have so much oil!!
4. I will check in often. I am applying moisture and massage most nights of the week,
THanks!! The damaged area is not showing up well in my picture.:timer:

jayjaycurlz

Count me in!

1. I have some damage to my edges due wearing wigs all of 2012
2. I don't have a plan. I need some help!
3. Not sure.
4. Monthly when wearing wigs/buns and bi-monthly if I have a weave installed.

Brwnbeauti

Share with us
My edges are thin
Make sure I don't leave then out when dc'ing make sure I m&s
JBCO to seal moisture in and scalp massages
4. How often will you check in with us
At least twice a week (my goal)

Optional
Starting Picture. I know some are sensitive about showing problem areas. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing a picture, please make sure you at least take 1 for future reference for comparison. You will find this really helpful in the future.

Left side

image-319035447.jpg

Right side

image-1499839556.jpg

I have to find my starting picture from the last challenge to see my progress

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

faithVA

Welcome ladies. Stay encouraged. With regular attention your problem areas will definitely recover.

jprayze

Hey everyone, I'm back in. My edges are filling in, but I still have a thin spot above my right ear. I will be adding sulfur to my regimen this year, concentrating on that area. Each night, I will alternate between liquid gold sulfur based for MN mixed with the EO blend. I will check in weekly or biweekly and post pics quarterly.

ghanagirl23

I'm in !
1. The current state of your crown and/or edges. Both sides are thin and kind of bald
2. What is your plan to restore these areas? No more tight braids, ponytails and weaves
3. What products do you plan on using? I'm now using mega tek mixed with jbco
4. How often will you check in with us? I will check in every 5 months thats when I get my relaxer so my next relaxer is in march

I'm kind of sad of my edges but here we goo !

Attachments

• beforerelaxer.JPG
    beforerelaxer.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 137
  • fourmonthspostrelaxer.JPG
    fourmonthspostrelaxer.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 129
  • afterrelaxer2.jpg
    afterrelaxer2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 122
  • afterrelaxer.JPG
    afterrelaxer.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

felic1

Kinda late!! Last night I massaged in my MN mix with SSI marula hemp butter and LBCO. I aapplied balancing ends insurance to ends. It was very moist.

Brwnbeauti

Moisturized my edges with some Shea moisturizer and seal with JBCO then gave myself a scalp message

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

jayjaycurlz

Applied Castor Oil to my edges this morning and massaged it in. Will do the same tonight.

...on second thought, I'll apply a dab on MegaTek and seal with Castor oil then massage me edges! :grin:

Last edited:

strawbewie

1. The current state of your crown and/or edges. see pics below... I have always had thin edges
2. What is your plan to restore these areas? Keep them moisturized, PS
3. What products do you plan on using? Oil mix ( JBCO, WGO, olive oil, few drops of peppermint), also using Lisa's growth scalp formula
4. How often will you check in with us? Often but only take pics every 6-8 weeks
These pics are so embarrassing

image-2691397712.jpg

gforceroy

I am in! Thanks for the helpful links faithVA

Share with us
My edges are thin and short. Progress from last year because I had NO hair there before.

I was using MN. This year I will use Jamaican castor oil as well.

Answered in #2

At least once every two weeks.

Last edited:

jesusislove1526

I'll join.

My edges need some attention because of many years of extensions off and on. They are thinner than I would like them to be.
Scalp massages daily, looser buns and pinups, M&S 5x per week
castor oil to seal in moisture
once every month

Optional
Pictures are attached.

Attachments

• 12-31-12--Edges (1).jpg
    12-31-12--Edges (1).jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 12-31-12--Edges (2).jpg
    12-31-12--Edges (2).jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

silenttullip

1. The current state of your crown and/or edges. see pics below... They started to thin around 09 from those stupid combs in wigs.
2. What is your plan to restore these areas? Keep them moisturized, and gently massage with coconut oil
3. What products do you plan on using? Coconut oil, tea tree shampoo, burdock cream by qhemet
4. How often will you check in with us? Monthly or 2x a month

jprayze

Hey everyone, I'm back in. My edges are filling in, but I still have a thin spot above my right ear. I will be adding sulfur to my regimen this year, concentrating on that area. Each night, I will alternate between liquid gold sulfur based for MN mixed with the EO blend. I will check in weekly or biweekly and post pics quarterly.

Checking in, same routine. I have Senegalese twists in, but they left out the little hairs around my hairline so no strain on my edges.