Full & Healthy Crown, Edges & Scalp Challenge 2017

Daina

Going to start using the Curly Provberz growth oil recipe on my scalp, crown, edges, nape and ends. The ingredients have to infuse for 8 days so I will start on the 25th. Until then I will use my JBCO/EVOO mix.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going on 2 weeks without a wig. I've been doing simple styles and buns. I need to focus on growing my edges and thickening my hair in general.

In my mind, my hair grows better when it isn't smothered under a cap and wig in 100 degree heat. This is a personal "no wigs until it cools off challenge".

Alma Petra

I am officially giving up on my edges. And I accept that my alopecia is going to keep progressing slowly until it engulfs the whole head at the end. Question to self: can I just stop all the sprays and applications at this point in time and save myself the hassle? :nono:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still not wigging it. My edges are able to be free right now and I'm loving it! I bought some anti hair loss shampoo Pura D'or, but it tangled my hair something serious. I'll just stick to what I know (Giovanni Ultra Moist).

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Im in!!!
My egdes is having some serious issues. Im veey thin on both sides however on my right side it just about bald. I believe previous braids that were put in for my under wig protection style was to tight and its just gone...:bangdesk:

1. The current state of your crown, scalp and/or edges. My edges are basicly non-existent.
2. What is your plan to restore these areas? I will be using rhe rest of my Xcel-21, my NJOY POMADE and now I think I will be doing the inversion method. Massage daily and bunning for the next 2 weeks to see if I get any growth.
3. What products do you plan on using? Xcel-21 and Njoy pomade
4. How often will you check in with us? I will check in atleast every week!

#WLweddinghair

Attachments

• C360_2017-08-04-11-16-54-655.jpg
    C360_2017-08-04-11-16-54-655.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 28

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I've been wig free and babying my edges for the better part of the Summer. I've upped my wash days to twice a week with a dc on dry hair before I shampoo. I'm still using Xcel21 on my scalp, but only on wash days as part of my prepoo. I've come to accept that my edges will never be long, but they are getting fuller.

I don't have any good news about my crown. I'm still struggling with short, weak hair in the crown towards the back. I have been trimming away at the wispy ends quarterly, so I haven't been able to retain any length this year. The right side of my crown is 1-2 inches shorter than the left.

Overall, my ends appear to be thickening up nicely this year. I think by December I can finally get rid of all the damage and start 2018 with clean ends.

faithVA

I haven't been doing much for my scalp this year. I have the Mane Choice oil but always find some reason not to use it. Despite all of that my crown seems to be doing fairly well. I won't really know until I try to do some mini twist.

I did use the Mane Choice oil tonight before I twisted my hair up. I will try this week to use it at least 2 to 3 times at least in my crown area.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still using xcel21 as a prepoo on wash days. I think it's helping. My crown is noticeably thicker, and the short pieces are slowly catching up.

I get less shedding and tangles when I wash my hair twice a week. This week I was super tired, so only 1 wash.

Evolving78

Working on my crown area. Using different oil blends. I put 4 cornrows in my hair. I will use my braid spray and oil my crown and edges. I will wash/dc my hair every 5-7 days, and re-braid. This will keep my hands out of my hair on a daily basis and give my crown a rest. I will be wearing wraps too.

Evolving78

Hey ladies!
Any Updates?
My hairloss from last month is filling back in nicely. My crown is pretty much full of new growth. It looks like a bird’s nest! lol I just blend it in with the rest. I bought some Toppik last month, but never needed to use it.

I have been wearing a bun lately. Due to the new growth, I’m not going to be doing any serious pulling and tugging on my hair. I just M&S and massage my scalp.

Wash my hair every 2-3 Days helps stimulate growth and keeps my crown from drying out.

I will be replacing my shower filter tomorrow, since I plan on washing my hair Thursday. I just gotta deal with being ashy Larry from the hard water for another day or so.

I have been taking HSN, but not consistently, so I’m just getting normal growth. I need to do better to see some results.