Full & Healthy Crown, Edges & Scalp Challenge 2017

gvin89

I took the braids out around my edges a few weeks before the rest to make sure they didn't snap off. Pleased to say they are still in tact. I will continue to baby them. It was enough for my stylist to grab and twist. I wore an updo that showed my sides without having a bang of twists to cover the area. #progress

Evolving78

My crown is in a fragile state right now. WGO really does the trick with keeping it soft and from becoming matted. I want to try the light version. I have to wait 5-6 week to do a corrective relaxer to get my crown straighter. My crown is very underprocessed.
I think I will keep this braid spray to spray my crown area. It needs to stay moisturized. I was going to get my tried and true Wave Neauve? Moisturizing mist spray.

Evolving78

Touching and agreeing....Amen!
Thank you! I receive that! I was running my mouth, while she was combing my crown, and some strands fell on my shirt. My crown is super fragile, due to it being very under processed. I have bone straight ends and under processed roots. I'm just going to use my oil, braid spray, and hope for the best.

Evolving78

@faithVA
I couldn't take it anymore! I looked at the back of my head, and my nape is red with bumps. I'm taking these things out right now. I gotta save my hairline! It still hurts.

faithVA

@faithVA
I couldn't take it anymore! I looked at the back of my head, and my nape is red with bumps. I'm taking these things out right now. I gotta save my hairline! It still hurts.
:bighug: I'm sorry they didn't work out. It's definitely better to prevent a setback. Maybe later this year you can try something like crochet braids which should be more forgiving.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I rubbed a generous amount of coconut oil on my scalp Wednesday and Thursday night. It itched like crazy, but I washed out the oil today and did a moisturizing dc for over an hour.

My scalp felt tingly and extra clean afterwards. I read that coconut oil has a way of unblocking follicles and promotes regeneration. I am definitely repeating this process next wash day.

Daina

Well I have a major setback on my hands.. my crown was badly damaged from rough handling, excessive combing, and tight braiding. I don't know what my next step is, but I'm pretty upset about it. I blame myself.

@shortdub78, sorry to hear about your setback. I know it's frustrating especially when you've been on a good trajectory. Give your hair especially that crown some TLC and you'll be back on track in no time. Don't be so hard on yourself we all have setbacks.:bighug:

Evolving78

@shortdub78, sorry to hear about your setback. I know it's frustrating especially when you've been on a good trajectory. Give your hair especially that crown some TLC and you'll be back on track in no time. Don't be so hard on yourself we all have setbacks.:bighug:
Thank you! I went and got some products, pampered my hair, and now I'm back on track! I was just so mad! I knew that area wasn't going to get combed properly. Outside of the hair board world, most black folks will rip through some hair without a thought. That's how a lot of us ended up here in the first place! Lol

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
20170413_195141_002.jpg I did another overnight coconut oil prepoo. Then I let a Manic Panic rinse sit for 8 hours. It still barely took...

Next I shampood twice with Con Argan oil and did a naked blow dry so that I could apply the keratin treatment. It got pretty straight and I love my new mini blow dryer

Aggie

I've been using my own castor oil combo with essential oils of garlic, onion, lavender, vetiver, and peppermint with a little MN on my scalp at night and rinse out the following morning.

I think I used too much garlic and onion oils. My next bottle will have less of those and more peppermint to neutralize the smell a bit.

Last edited: