Got Complimented on my Mixed Chicks WnG

MissMeWithThatIsh

I've kept my hair out since I flatironed it and immediately commenced to ordering the QoD gold, and KinkyCurly's KCCC, Knot Today and Come Clean PLUS the Mixed Chicks leave in. Since I've debuted my hair to the world, I've gotten several compliments fro DH's military friends (Asian and Latino) and DH

To be fair, I cannot do a full review on KCCC now but DH loves it. I've been trying to play with the Mixed Chicks leave in with KCCC and by itself. Today I washed with Pantene Shampoo, then got out the shower and applied MC with a touch of Noodlehead.... I was in a rush so there were touches of "white" where the product hadn't been completely massaged in.

Within an hour as my hair dried, I had firm little curls and great definition... Mixed Chicks seems to give me a large curly fro with great definition all over.

I went to Wal-Mart and saw two black women with children. As I left, I went to Sally's and saw the same women, who joked that I was "following them." One lady turns to me and says she remembered me because of my hair and how beautiful it was. She shows me her hair and new growth and states she's getting a touch up because she's waited long enough. The other woman, her mother, is a stylist who's going to do it.

They ask, when I "had a perm" which one did I use. I told them that I used JFM TS for no lye but recently tried SE Lye with 100% reversion. "It's all in the way your hair processes each individual brand."

So they start talking hair, somewhat seeing if they can get some recommendations, and I pointed them toward Aphogee's line... as well as mixing some olive oil in the relaxer to control their results. I also point them to BlackHairMedia and here.

It's great to see that even though "I'm still learning" other people think that I must "know hair." Nah.. I just am committed to knowing healthy practices and knowing one size doesn't fit all. I also gave her references to Noodlehead, Kinky Curly and Mixed chicks for the lady's biracial daughter.. she's 3a but the mom says it tangles easily. :)

Just had to share... I'm so motivated to keep my hair out. :yep:

Lucia

nice, where are the pics? lol I want to see this awsome curly go style
so is Mixed chicks really the all in one product like they claim? cause I'm interested in trying it. TIA

MissMeWithThatIsh

nice, where are the pics? lol I want to see this awsome curly go style
so is Mixed chicks really the all in one product like they claim? cause I'm interested in trying it. TIA

I have to find the charger for my camera battery, it's dead... Sowwy!

Well, I read aquajoyice's review, and looked up a few others (for MC and KC) and people raved about the KC set as a whole while stating the only product seemingly worth the purchase was just the Mixed Chicks leave in.

This is only my second time applying, and I only used a few squeezes... not as much as I felt I really needed. It didn't seem to smooth in quickly... you could see the product in certain spots, but the overall effect when the product dried and disappeared was great for someone in a hurry... :) Safe to say I'll still play with it and will review soon, but can't today