• BSL

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • MBL

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • WL+

Votes: 25 31.3%

• Total voters

Benuontherise

So I have been trying some new drying techniques for myself after my weekly wash. I have low porosity hair and my hair does well with blow drying it using my Chi blow dryer after 60-70% air dry. As much as I try 100% air drying my hair is just too dry after and completely lacks moisture. I’ve did a braid set with satin pillow rollers on the ends and dried with indirect heat using my soft bonnet Hooded dryer (soft and moisturized results).
Which now that I think about it I believe is my issue when my hair is long and natural. My hair would get so dry and tangled if I didn’t use my diffuser to dry with my wash n go which was the only style I did .

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
12 braids out in the back so far. Slowly making my way , little by little. I should have them all out by Friday.
The buildup is OD though. It’s easily coming out which is great but my hats off to folks that keep their braids or twists in longer than 8 weeks.

Attachments

• D20BFFB1-68BF-4CD0-9BF1-855A0960491E.jpeg
    D20BFFB1-68BF-4CD0-9BF1-855A0960491E.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I will update current length when I purchase another tape measure.

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed: Natural
Current Length: Ear length (curly)
Goal Length: Shoulder length (curly)
Plan to reach goal length: Exercise 6 days of week, drink 112+oz of water, monitor my eating habits, self-care is essential
Regimen:
-Weekly: Olaplex 0/3, KC Come Clean (clarifying), Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo, Olaplex #5, KC Knot Today, KCCC
-As needed: water and KCCC

Protective Styles: currently none
Staple Products: I’m not sold on anything right now, lol. Strong contenders are Olaplex 0/3 and Giovanni Deep
Starting Pic:

View attachment 478139View attachment 478141
I will update current length when I purchase another tape measure.

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed: Natural
Current Length: Ear length (curly)
Goal Length: Shoulder length (curly)
Plan to reach goal length: Exercise 6 days of week, drink 112+oz of water, monitor my eating habits, self-care is essential
Regimen:
-Weekly: Olaplex 0/3, KC Come Clean (clarifying), Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo, Olaplex #5, KC Knot Today, KCCC
-As needed: water and KCCC

Protective Styles: currently none
Staple Products: I’m not sold on anything right now, lol. Strong contenders are Olaplex 0/3 and Giovanni Deep
Starting Pic:

View attachment 478139View attachment 478141
Updates:
2AADEB86-2EC4-49E7-BDA9-5A8A9583AA4B.jpeg16F4CAE1-F2DF-4221-B192-5C1C553A144A.jpeg
I received a haircut last Monday. I thought I wanted to wear my hair straight, so I had my hair cut to avoid the mullet. Now, I don’t want to wear my hair straight for I’m loving my curls. The struggle, lol.
Lesson learned: try to solve your hair issues first before resorting to cutting. I was having dry hair issues. I knew that I possibly needed a hard protein treatment. If I would have completed the protein treatment prior to my hair appointment, I wouldn’t have felt the need to cut as much off. I’m wearing my hair curly now and loving it! There was no need to cut my hair now, lol.
My hair is healthy, curls popping.
Product update: No more KC right now. It doesn’t pair well with any of my other products. The shampoo is not as cleansing as I thought. I’m using the following:
-Aphogee Keratin/Green Tea shampoo
-Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo
-APB VITA conditioner (until it’s finished)
-Olaplex #3 (as a leave-in)
-Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-In
-EcoStyle Black Castor/Flaxseed Oil Gel
-H2O

I will use this regimen until I run out of Giovanni and APB. I will replace them with Olaplex #4 and APB Fenugreek conditioner until they run out.

Mapleoats

We are about 6 weeks into the year and 6 weeks away from the first check in! How is everybody doing?

i still have my hair in these mini twists, this is the end of week 3 and while my hair still looks and feels okay, I’m ready to wash this weekend

Napp

Ms. Nobody
We are about 6 weeks into the year and 6 weeks away from the first check in! How is everybody doing?

i still have my hair in these mini twists, this is the end of week 3 and while my hair still looks and feels okay, I’m ready to wash this weekend
I don't know if I'll be ready to check my length in 6 weeks. I don't feel like dealing with my hair. I just want to hide it away.

keranikki

Doing great! Even though I cut my hair, I still expect to see growth in 6 weeks. I expect to be half way to SL (when stretched) at the end of 6 weeks.

NaturalShe94

Lady!!! Get up in here :) ! How are you doing? Hope all is well!
Hi! Thank you. Yes, all is well.
I'll slowly ease my way back in. I sat under my hooded dryer last weekend for the time in almost a year to give myself a proper deep condition, and my goodness did it feel good to show my hair some love, lol. So I've decided to add proper hair care back to my agenda and resume my journey to CL.

keranikki

Doing very well. Thank you! 2021 was an eventful year despite the Covid catastrophe from 2020, lol. I miss the forum as well as caring for my hair like I use to.
How have you been?!
Hanging in there! I moved to Niagara Falls, NY from Southern VA. Currently waiting to close on my house. I’m preparing for my transition to private sector as I’m retiring from the military soon. Civilian life here I come, lol.

NaturalShe94

Hanging in there! I moved to Niagara Falls, NY from Southern VA. Currently waiting to close on my house. I’m preparing for my transition to private sector as I’m retiring from the military soon. Civilian life here I come, lol.
Oh nice! Congratulations on the new home. Niagara Falls huh? You’ll be driving distance from me. Lol. Really nice in that area. Prepare for long winters!

keranikki

Oh nice! Congratulations on the new home. Niagara Falls huh? You’ll be driving distance from me. Lol. Really nice in that area. Prepare for long winters!
I’m currently acclimating myself, Le sigh. I don’t mind the cold, but the wind is disrespectful!
The house is in Sanborn. Niagara Falls isn’t my cup of tea, but I really like the Western NY region. I’m originally from downstate (Westchester).