Hair rollers from Ethiopia

Sunshine_One

Oh I forgot about this thread! Yes the pics that Napp attached are the rollers I posted about. Sorry to say I have not purchased those rollers yet. However, the bumping of this thread has renewed my interest. I personally have not seen these rollers in any local beauty supply stores. They are different from mesh (also diff from the french mesh) So I will stop by that salon one day this week and see if they are still willing to get them for me.

growinglong777

I actually have these rollers. A wonderful lady on this board went to Ethiopia about 9 months ago and sent me a couple of packs.. I love them and they do not pull or snag your hair..

candy626

Napp and hair7

I actually did get two sample packs from SelTom because I was interested in having a small quantity imported to maybe sell on ebay or something. But I messaged him on alibaba and it took him like two months to answer me. Then we he did, he told me that he would send me samples but I would have to pay for shipping. Which I did, no problems there. But I didn't receive enough for my whole head so I was interested in ordering more.

That's when it got a little weird. He told me I was going to have to spend like $700 or $800 with him (which most wholesalers do want you to order a certain amount from them, I just had no intentions spending that much :spinning:). I negotiated him down on that and I thought we had a deal, but every week I asked him about fulfilling my order he kept giving me the run around. Then eventually he stopped answering.

I mean, you guys might have better luck but I would maybe contact the manufacturer: Sal-Srl. They are located in Milan, Italy. (SelTom also would not tell me the name of the manufacturer and removed traces of this information from the package he sent me. I had to do some heavy research to find this out)

At this point though I think I just want to learn how to master magnetic rollers, instead of going through all this trouble :yawn:

Carrie A

Oh I forgot about this thread! Yes the pics that @Napp attached are the rollers I posted about. Sorry to say I have not purchased those rollers yet. However, the bumping of this thread has renewed my interest. I personally have not seen these rollers in any local beauty supply stores. They are different from mesh (also diff from the french mesh) So I will stop by that salon one day this week and see if they are still willing to get them for me.

Sunshine_One Do you still go to the Ethiopian Salon? If so which one?

Adgirl

Hi, all

I am currently in Ethiopia. I have before brought these rollers to one of the members here. She liked them. I use them all the time. They actually don't pull or damage hair at all. In any case if anyone is interested in getting them please pm me and I can do it for you.

Sunshine_One

Sunshine_One Do you still go to the Ethiopian Salon? If so which one?

Carrie A

The name of the shop is Salon Revive.

I think I posted a review on them a few years back. I have not been there in a while. Yodit is my stylist there. It's a very nice salon. It's Aveda concept and they get you in out and don't BLINK at natural hair. I went more often when I had color. Their steam treatments are great. But do I all that @ home. So salon visits have become a treat when I don't feel like dealing with my hair. There is a new dominican spot I go to in NE that has $25 specials on Mon & Tue. That has been my hair treat spot so far this year.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp and hair7

I actually did get two sample packs from SelTom because I was interested in having a small quantity imported to maybe sell on ebay or something. But I messaged him on alibaba and it took him like two months to answer me. Then we he did, he told me that he would send me samples but I would have to pay for shipping. Which I did, no problems there. But I didn't receive enough for my whole head so I was interested in ordering more.

That's when it got a little weird. He told me I was going to have to spend like $700 or $800 with him (which most wholesalers do want you to order a certain amount from them, I just had no intentions spending that much :spinning:). I negotiated him down on that and I thought we had a deal, but every week I asked him about fulfilling my order he kept giving me the run around. Then eventually he stopped answering.

I mean, you guys might have better luck but I would maybe contact the manufacturer: Sal-Srl. They are located in Milan, Italy. (SelTom also would not tell me the name of the manufacturer and removed traces of this information from the package he sent me. I had to do some heavy research to find this out)

At this point though I think I just want to learn how to master magnetic rollers, instead of going through all this trouble :yawn:

it sounds like you put in mad work! might as well put some energy into perfecting your magnetic sets too LOL

kweenameena

@Carrie A

The name of the shop is Salon Revive.

I think I posted a review on them a few years back. I have not been there in a while. Yodit is my stylist there. It's a very nice salon. It's Aveda concept and they get you in out and don't BLINK at natural hair. I went more often when I had color. Their steam treatments are great. But do I all that @ home. So salon visits have become a treat when I don't feel like dealing with my hair. There is a new dominican spot I go to in NE that has $25 specials on Mon & Tue. That has been my hair treat spot so far this year.
Details on the new dominican spot please:yep:

MACGlossChick

Bump... Is anyone interested in buying these rollers? I found a seller that has 2 sizes (50 mm and 45 mm, 6 rollers per pack) and will let me do a small order of 50 packs of each size.

ETA: I haven't ordered them yet. I want to see if there is enough interest in them to justify placing an order. I don't want to order 100 packs and have the majority of them taking up space in my apartment.

MACGlossChick

I spoke with a vendor on alibaba back in November. She was willing to do a smaller order than what you had discussed with SelTom. She only had the two largest sizes. I tried to gauge interest in them, but i didn't get many replies, so i didn't order. Her company name is Cosima's Beauty Supply if you want to look her up on alibaba.

winona

I got these rollers and have yet to use them/: when I take out these twists I will attempt to use them and report back.

smores

I know this an old thread but I need these rollers! I love them! I can only find them at Italian stores online and none of them ship to the US. Also, I live in the DMV (in case someone has seen them in-store).

smores

Hi Ladies, Finally! I have the Ethiopian salon rollers. I'm working to get them on Amazon for resell but if you're in the DMV, I'm happy to sell in person. Inbox me if interested.

MACGlossChick

Hi Ladies, Finally! I have the Ethiopian salon rollers. I'm working to get them on Amazon for resell but if you're in the DMV, I'm happy to sell in person. Inbox me if interested.

What sizes do you have? I already have the white and pink ones.

smores

Hey! Right now I have three different sizes/colors: 12 per pack Blue Hourglass Rollers 1.45 inches (37mm) 12 per pack Pink Hourglass Rollers 1.65 inches (42mm) 6 per pack White Hourglass Rollers 1.85 inches (47mm)

I will order more so please message if you would like smaller sizes; your message won't be binding, I'd just like to track interest in smaller sizes before ordering.

smores

smores...how much are the rollers?

Hi! They're $20.00 per pack of 12 (pink and blue) or per pack of 6 (white).

Three different sizes and colors*:

12 Blue Hourglass Rollers 1.45 inches (37mm)

12 Pink Hourglass Rollers 1.65 inches (42mm)

6 White Hourglass Rollers 1.85 inches (47mm)

LivingDoll

smores said:
Hi! They're $20.00 per pack of 12 (pink and blue) or per pack of 6 (white).

Three different sizes and colors*:

12 Blue Hourglass Rollers 1.45 inches (37mm)

12 Pink Hourglass Rollers 1.65 inches (42mm)

6 White Hourglass Rollers 1.85 inches (47mm)

Thanks! I suck at rollersetting so I can't see making that type of investment at the moment but I'll be watching to see people's results with them.

smores

Thanks! I suck at rollersetting so I can't see making that type of investment at the moment but I'll be watching to see people's results with them.

No problem LivingDoll! I'm working to become better at roller setting too; it's a journey. I really like these rollers because they keep my unrelaxed roots from "puffing" out. My mom, who is relaxed, takes them to her regular stylist and loves them bc of the decreased drying time. I think they have different value for different people.

If you live near any Ethiopian salons I'd try them there first if you're worried about the investment. -A Lifelong Product Junkie :)

Iwanthealthyhair67

I will NEVA use these rollers EVA again ...too much hair loss

this is what the roller looks like. I see them all the time at my local BSS

smores

I will NEVA use these rollers EVA again ...too much hair loss

So sorry those damaged your hair. I could see how those would snag, damage and tangle hair. The Conici rollers have small rounded grooves that help provide tension without damage. I attached a side pic so that you can see (I hope). HTH

smores

So sorry those damaged your hair. I could see how those would snag, damage and tangle hair. The Conici rollers have small rounded grooves that help provide tension without damage. I attached a side pic so that you can see (I hope). HTH

Oops! Here is the pic

image-2529015548.jpg