Hair Weave Challenge for the rest of 2008?

Neala21

Any one up to doing a hair weave challenge for the rest of 2008?:yep:

I decided to come up with this challenge after stalking Reneice hair album. The purpose of this challenge is allow your hair to rest especially from heat, manipulation and other damaging things we do to our hair and to retain length and have healthy hair! :grin:

Rules are simple
1. Get a weave done (it can be full or partial) so that majority of your is hidden
2. Applicator bottle to shampoo hair in the shower only at least once a week! (mix the shampoo and a bit of water, then lift each track and squirt the shampoo under the weave. It will create an almost instat lather, then jsut massage your scalp in between the track and thoroughly rinse out)
3. Mositurize scalp 2-3x a week (this can be done using the applicator bottle as well for very easy application to braids)
4. Stretch relaxer for those that are relaxed or texalaxed(at least12 weeks if possible. If you can stretch longer the better)
5. Dust ends if necessary (goal is to retain healthy hair)
6. Keep weave in for 6-8 weeks only
7. Deep condition after taking out weave
8. Re-install weave within a week after taking down unless you get a FRESH relaxer then you need to wait at least 2 weeks before re-doing weave
9. If you get a fresh relaxer during the 2 week break you MUST wear PROTECTIVE STYLES ONLY!!!!
10. Sleep on satin/silk pillowcase or in a silk scarf

Challenge will be for at least 6-7 months and will end Dec 31, 2008!!!

Official challenge start date is JULY 1st! Weave must be installed by this date or earlier.***NOTE***Those who are interested in still joining after official start are WELCOME to join at any time!!!!

IF you would like to join the challenge let me know and I will keep a running list then post pics of starting hair length!

Feel free to post pics after you remove install or you can wait till the end of the challenge to show your progress.

List so far
Bunny (Neala21)
Ediese
MSA
Jessica_Rabbit
Chauncee
Ayjacks
leeshbeesh
missnurselady
kerakrazy

prettyfaceANB (has retired from challenge)
Incredible1ne
bluediamond0829
ladylibra
LuvMyBigHair
tycoles
MrsWatson
LuvLiLocks
dontspeakdefeat
rhondal
covergirl5906
jamaicalovely
ebzonix
sophisticated1
nickie11
zenobia61
babybex9
Ms.Nigeria (*25*)
JereK
MekyakaKinkerbelle
jry2lnghair
luscious850
lynb7b
reena
nyc_beauty
tasty0619
Hisbestfriend
HERicane10
kkamara5
bee
glamazon386
Honey_Dip
cech2204
tigereyes83
daughterofzion1
indianangel22
tallen
inquiringmind
princessme
nyrican1
prettyfluff1
wyldcurlz
sweetsuccess (*50*)
growmenow
freshlikemoi
kriolagirl
redliz81
missconstrue
classic
pureebony
nya33
chameleonchick
mistee11
jshug
agenoir
napp
amazing
sheree
cicilypayne
missnappylady
sikora
jaded_faerie
butterfly3582
JesssCNU
bluediamond0829
MACgirl2k2 (*74*)
camilla
sweetsuccess
joyousnerd
kkamara5
misconstrue
anewday
cherokee
kweenbeediva
candyacyeliz
nappystorm
kandegirl
lesley
bamachi08
chitowngal330
indianangel22
candy1978 (*90*)
dehill02
msgoody531
imstush
seximami

SO FAR WE HAVE 94 LADIES IN THIS CHALLENGE!!!

Last edited:

Ediese

I'd love to join this challenge because I'm planning on weaving it up until December, but I can't afford to keep a weave in for 4-6 weeks. That would cost me $220 a pop :nono:, and with the price of gas nowadays...that'd be ludicrouse (sp).

Last edited:

msa

This is EXACTLY what I was planning to do for the rest of the year anyway. Yay! My first challenge. I'm putting in my weave today or tomorrow so I'll try to post pics (I don't know how...but I'll learn). I'll be doing a partial weave (so that I can put my hair up in a ponytail) with wet and wavy hair.

Jessica Rabbit

I think you should make the time frame til 8 weeks. You can keep a good weave in 8 weeks successfully. I'll join but I may take it down for my friends' weddings. Plus I give my hair a break sometimes.

Thann

I would like to join the challenge as well. I'm getting my install done in 2days. I just took out my 1st ever install last week after 7weeks. I'll post pics on Fri in my album.

ajacks

I'll join but I have already planned to have my weave taken out July 17th and I will be getting a relaxer that day. I usually wait 3-weeks before having it reinstalled. After that, I will definitely have it in for the remainder of the year.

leeshbeesh

i can definitely join this...my starting length will be the latest pic in my fotki...shall i post it here? anyhow i have been doing this since like december and plan to keep it up until my husband comes back next summer (military man :ohwell:). so yea...i love weave and i am in!! ooo my first lhcf challenge :yep:

missnurselady

I need to be in this challenge, now the problem is deciding what type of hair to get??? Im thinking something big and curly but I have been wearing curly hair forever. Maybe something straight like the Megan Good look, I have so many ideas:ohwell:

leeshbeesh

almostbsl.jpg
here is my starting point...my first time uploading pics so lets hope it works!!!

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
I'd like to join, is it okay for me to get a lacefront instead, I'm terrible at keeping in weaves I need to see whats going on with my hair.

bluediamond0829

I'm down for this i was just wanting to see my hair with more growth and was getting frustrated on what i could use to get my hair to grow more.

I have my weave appointment already set up for Friday afternoon. So i cant wait.

I dont usually buy straight hair. I love Natural Body hair(less curling just kind of get up and go) and i have a straight side swept bang. My problem is that I have a hard time keeping a weave in longer than 4 weeks.

For the price that i pay for the hair and to get it done i need to work with it for at least 6 to 8 weeks. I would love to go for at 8 weeks.

BeautifulFlower

Im So IN! :grin::grin::grin: This is also perfect for me No Heat Challenge.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=233795

Can I change my rules a little?

I only like to keep my weaves in for 4 weeks at a time. I can do mine at home so its not that costly for me.

Any one up to doing a hair weave challenge for the rest of 2008?:yep:

I decided to come up with this challenge after stalking Reneice hair album. The purpose of this challenge is allow your hair to rest especially from heat, manipulation and other damaging things we do to our hair and to retain length and have healthy hair! :grin:

Rules are simple
1. Get a weave done (it can be full or partial) so that majority of your is hidden
2. Applicator bottle to shampoo hair in the shower only at least once a week! (mix the shampoo and a bit of water, then lift each track and squirt the shampoo under the weave. It will create an almost instat lather, then jsut massage your scalp in between the track and thoroughly rinse out)
3. Mositurize scalp 2-3x a week (this can be done using the applicator bottle as well for very easy application to braids)
4. Stretch relaxer for those that are relaxed or texalaxed(at least12 weeks if possible. If you can stretch longer the better)
5. Dust ends if necessary (goal is to retain healthy hair)
6. Keep weave in for 6-8 weeks only
7. Deep condition after taking out weave
8. Re-install weave within a week after taking down unless you get a FRESH relaxer then you need to wait at least 2 weeks before re-doing weave
9. If you get a fresh relaxer during the 2 week break you MUST wear PROTECTIVE STYLES ONLY!!!!
10. Sleep on satin/silk pillowcase or in a silk scarf

Challenge will be for at least 6-7 months and will end Dec 31, 2008!!!

Official challenge start date is JULY 1st! Weave must be installed by this date or earlier.

IF you would like to join the challenge let me know and I will keep a running list then post pics of starting hair length!

Feel free to post pics after you remove install or you can wait till the end of the challenge to show your progress.

List so far
Bunny (Neala21)
Ediese
MSA
Jessica_Rabbit
Chauncee
Ayjacks

ladylibra

if i can get ahold of this yungun to braid my hair up and find some weave that is very close to my texture, i'd have one in my head right now. i've BEEN wanting to try a sew-in for the longest... give me and my hair a break...

*ETA: okay so we have to have the weave in by July 1st? i'll let you know by then if i'm in or out, LOL. definitely sooner than later. i just gotta get ahold of this girl, i don't trust just ANYBODY to braid my hair. ;) now where's Brock Star? i need to find that weave she used! :lol:

Last edited:

Neala21

To LadyLibra: Yes, the weave has to be installed by July 1st. I currently have my hair in interlocks that I did at home and will have this out by the end of June if not earlier so I can re-braid my hair and do my weave as well.

To prettyfaceANB: That's fine if you would like to keep your weave in for 4 weeks at a time. The rules were originally 4-6 weeks but one of the ladies suggested make it to 8 weeks due to a good weave should hold up for that long.

TO ALL THOSE WHO JOIN THIS CHALLENGE:
Remember there are no PASSES! Also, in between installs NO HEAT (unless it's for deep conditioning treatments ONLY!!) :nono:

Neala21

This is my starting point for the challenge. After a recent setback. :wallbash:

Bunny.

After the challenge I EXPECT to be FULLY at the 5" mark on my shirt (which is the pink line)! :grin:

Attachments

• May(2)5.08.jpg
    May(2)5.08.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 47
  • May2008Chl.jpg
    May2008Chl.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

NikStarrr

Count me in. After a year transitioning I fairly recently big chopped. It's not as long as I'd like, so I plan to weave up (next week actually) and to stay in weaves consistently until the end of the year. So add me to the list!

tycoles

This is on time! I was torn between a lf and weave, and was leaning in the direction of the weave. I would like to join this challenge if I can find a good weavologist by July 1. Any ladies in VA/DC/MD know of a good stylist?

Neala21

I will get you ladies added! :thumbsup:

For those who haven't posted starting hair pics please do so by July 1st. Thanks! :grin:

MrsWatson, I am with you I plan to wear weaves as well for a year but to do in 6 month challenge increments. I wanna see how much my hair will grow and the health to compare if this something I can do for another 6 months after this challenge.

ajacks

I currently have a weave and won't be able to post a starting picture until July 16th.

BeautifulFlower

I have a sew-in now so I can not post my most current length but this is my start from April:

My Regimen:

No Heat until end of summer
No Trims between sew-in
OCT & Elasta Mango Butter every other day

Neala21

I have you ladies to the list. :thumbsup:

What products will you ladies be using to moisturize while wearing your weave? :rolleyes:

I am thinking about using the following products daily to make sure my hair stays in tip-top shape:

Coconut oil
Olive oil
Leave-in conditioner (Giovanni)

Applying these products in applicator bottle (one for oils & one for leave-in).

The above products are aside from my shampoo, conditoner & deep conditioner which are Aubrey Organics, Elasta QP & ORS products.

rhondal

Good challenge.

Include me in. I just took a weave out of my hair yesterday. I planned on weaving my hair up until the end of the year anyway. In about a week, I will be putting another one in. So yes I am in there with you.

I will get pictures on when I can fiqure out how to put them on.