Hair Weave Challenge for the rest of 2008?

Mwenye_Heri

OK ladies, I took my hair out on the 1st but I forgot to post the pics. Tomorrow I will post them. I will also post pics of my hair in Feb. (when I started the hide my hair personal challenge) How much shedding occured since I had my install (From Sept 20 until DEC 1st and the growth that I had. I think I will post pics of my new install that I am getting today. I am excited Jehan in Baltimore is doing it with the Indian Hair which is a new experience for me!!

Mwenye_Heri

Here we go!!!

This is my hair as of December 1, 2008. This was before I got a trim from my new stylist Jehan, she is not scissor happy so she cut of about an inch.

This is my hair in February 2008. The condition of my hair was freshly relaxed hair but the stylist claimed there was a lot of damage. So she cut it off. So I think I am about NL here??

Current install!! I am loving it. My Virgin Indian hair, I got a swang to my hair.

The install that was put in on September 20 until Nov 30, 2008. Saga hair and I forgot the color. I know it was 4 mixed with something.

The last and final pic is the shedding. This is about 9 weeks of shedding.

More stats as of this week I am 10 months post relaxer. Today when I went in for my consultation I have 50% natural and 50 % relaxed. I had about an inch taken off because I am going to long term transition my hair. No big chop for me. I tried to wash my hair once every two weeks when I did it was water/ shampoo Nexxus mixed in a squirt bottle. I used a mixture of Infusium 23 (orginial forumla) and braid spray in a squirt bottle and moisturized 3-4 times a week. DC with Organics pack.

Last edited:

kriolagirl

hey ladies...jst checking in to let you know i am out of the challenge. i took my last weave of 2008 out on Dec 4th. I had that install since Oct 1. I have alot of growth and can't wait to get it pressed on my bday Dec. 24th to do a length check. I'm planning on wearing wigs/half-wigs for the rest of the winter season i prob won't get another sew-in until the spring summer. good luck to everyone on this last month of the challenge and i can't wait to see the results!

i had just taken my install down in this pic and detangled w/ a wide tooth comb.

Attachments

• IMG00337.jpg
    IMG00337.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 20

sweetsuccess

im so excitedddd!! i cant wait to check in with you ladies mid january (when im taking out this current sew in) and after i get a press.. i have to think what im going to do for the rest of the winter months. i dont want to jump right back into weaving it up.. i wanna let my hair breathe a lil.. maybe il do braidouts. we'll see.

happy hair growinggg!!:grin::grin::grin:

sweetsuccess

ladies i have a question :drunk:

when you wash your sew ins.. how important is it to make sure you dry your braids under neath the weave? do you guys always dry your braids. or do you let them airdry along with your hair...?

and if you dont dry them.. have you gotten any bad results? .. i use to always make it a mission to blow dry my braids underneath the hair.. but due to living in somesones house in spain, im trying not to use such powerful energy.

is anything goin to happen to my braided hair if i dont blow dry it? (i.e. mildew, buildup...)

thanks in advance,
*td:grin:

Mwenye_Heri

when you wash your sew ins.. how important is it to make sure you dry your braids under neath the weave? do you guys always dry your braids. or do you let them airdry along with your hair...?

and if you dont dry them.. have you gotten any bad results? .. i use to always make it a mission to blow dry my braids underneath the hair.. but due to living in somesones house in spain, im trying not to use such powerful energy.

is anything goin to happen to my braided hair if i dont blow dry it? (i.e. mildew, buildup...)

thanks in advance,

It depends. One of my friends wears weaves all the time and she doesn't allow her braids to dry underneath. She hasn't complained of buildup or mildew. But me personally I have to sit under the dryer because my hair smells weird if I don't allow them to dry. Maybe you can wash your hair in the morning and let it air dry all day and before you go to bed you can blow dry. That way you are conserving energy and you are not going to bed with wet hair. HTH

IndianAngel22

Here's my first update for you guys I guess. This is my first update sense my last full weave. It was in for a VERY LONG TIME. I had TREMENDOUS growth, but I don't believe it showed up on my head because it was in so long. I really think I lost hair. I'm not sure. But after 5 months sense my last photo, I feel like I should be way further in my progress than I am. I also got a small trim and didn't get to see the hair before she trimmed it but it but here's a photo. What do you all think???? Bad....??? I've been getting glue ins instead now and I think I'm going to switch to clip ins for 2009.

Attachments

• IMG00298[1].jpg
    IMG00298[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 15

ajacks

I will not be removing my current install until Jan. 19th, so I will do my updates then.
Is anyone planning to continue wearing sew-ins in '09? I think I will continue, but this time alternating with 1/2 wigs and LF.

jamaicalovely

Ok, so many of you already saw my reveal thread and video. But's here is a summary for the weave challenge '08. I will be continuing with my weaves in '09.

glamazon386

thanks in advance,

I've been airdrying mine for years with no problems. If it's still a little damp you can blast the roots with a blowdryer if you want.

Chameleonchick

thanks in advance,

Airdrying should be okay done it plenty of times, I just wash in the morning so its dry before bed....If I have the time I'll sit under a dryer on low.

Ok, so many of you already saw my reveal thread and video. But's here is a summary for the weave challenge '08. I will be continuing with my weaves in '09.

Wow....Awesome!