Half A$$ Press!

Irresistible

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2006/

I might not even attempt to complete it. Im too frustrated with it
and scared I will start chopping at it again.

I just dont think I can hang with pressing anymore. I give! I dont know how some of you ladies do it. I'm achy, and tired and its miserable. I mean I know I aint feelin the greatest right now anyway , but even if I were, I dont want to go through this **** no more.

Its really is buns forever for me , I guess.....blah!

I dont know WHAT I feel about my hair anymore. Happy with the growth and length but then also just really totally frustrated at the same time, and this is no real quick answer either. Ugh hair frustration is back......maybe it will pass again?! I'm 40 I wanna friggin get some enjoyment outta my hair before I'm old gray and wrinkled!!!

ok rant over. excuse me ladies. *crys* Does anyone even understand? or is more like how dare she complain? I'm thankfull for my bun , but I mean it just aint that 'grown and sexy' and I mean come on WHO could be happy with a bun daily , day in day out every single day month after month , year after year?. (ya'll know I already had 'style' pressure, like I HAD to do things with my hair, I just got over that , I thought. point being, no style suggestions needed , i done tried it all ) alright well anyway, let me just shut up. I was happy with my dang bun , I mean I had this settled in me back in December....wth? *prays I get there again*

*hides scissors from myself* I'm in for another hair ride I see........sighs

just askin do ya'll ladies go through hair 'emotions' where ya just aint happy? Sometimes I think I take life out on my hair too......I dont know, all I know is I gotta hide them scissors from myself. Cause my arse will start chopping then stupidly miss my hair after! Dont make no kinda sense. I been wondering is this hormonal or seasonal or what? I know ya'll cant really answer me ......lol

ok rant over, really this time.

MissYocairis

I know it's frustrating, but, honestly, I would take on your burden of having too much hair anyday, lady! ;) Don't you CUT that hair!:nono: I do not want to have to....:spank: :spank: :spank: !

Your hair is beautiful. Maybe you can get someone you trust to help you press it? Your SO or your mom or a sister or someone? Don't GIVE UP YET!

Irresistible

yeah when I wrote this I was at the height of being frustrated, Ive settled some since. I was all achey and mad lol. I think your right, its going to have to be someone else doing it. only I dont know who.......unless I go back to my hairdresser, whom I was so happy to be free'd from. NOt cause he was bad, but more cause I wanted the independence of doing my own hair and truthfully now I see my hair grew more under my own care. So I dont know , all I do know is I cant be doin it myself anymore. Maybe just a break and let him do it for me. Im only worried, cause I never thought I would chop through the last frustration, then blam , I did it! I will fight to not cut it. Its silly anyway, its not like it really fixes anything (I found that out)

CantBeCopied said:
I know it's frustrating, but, honestly, I would take on your burden of having too much hair anyday, lady! ;) Don't you CUT that hair!:nono: I do not want to have to....:spank: :spank: :spank: !

Your hair is beautiful. Maybe you can get someone you trust to help you press it? Your SO or your mom or a sister or someone? Don't GIVE UP YET!

sweetcashew

Irresistable, I know exactly what you're going through. I was in that same state about 4 weeks ago which ended with me getting a hair cut. It could be frustrating.
I know yesterday I was on the street and my hair kept catching in the crook of my arm or under my arm pit and the frustration returned. I started complaining to my brother that I'd have to wear a bun for the rest of my life if this continues to happen and he just calmly suggested that I cut my hair a little shorter.
He's like your hair is beautiful but if it's giving you trouble then why keep it that long? Simple question.
But they just don't understand. Just hang in there. Soon you'll be in the mood where you're totally in love with your hair. The trick is, when you're frustrated with it, just do something different with it and try to enjoy it.

Irresistible

Girl I was all scared to vent cause I didnt think many would understand. I'm really tired of buns now....geesh. and pressing , well dang its just too much work. Hard to trust others to do it. I hear what your saying, it seems to be like moods about your hair, I guess like anything else. The good and the bad goes with it. So hang in till the good mood about it comes back again, Hey if there is hair anorexia , maybe there is hair bi polarism too , lolol I dont know. But I hear you cause my last frustration ended with a cut too. and You know it didnt really fix anything, but it did seem to calm the frustration. I just missed my hair for a little while after. but got over it. I'm just gonna stay away from scissors for now lol

sweetcashew said:
Irresistable, I know exactly what you're going through. I was in that same state about 4 weeks ago which ended with me getting a hair cut. It could be frustrating.
I know yesterday I was on the street and my hair kept catching in the crook of my arm or under my arm pit and the frustration returned. I started complaining to my brother that I'd have to wear a bun for the rest of my life if this continues to happen and he just calmly suggested that I cut my hair a little shorter.
He's like your hair is beautiful but if it's giving you trouble then why keep it that long? Simple question.
But they just don't understand. Just hang in there. Soon you'll be in the mood where you're totally in love with your hair. The trick is, when you're frustrated with it, just do something different with it and try to enjoy it.

Irresistible

Thank you girl. this hair is a pain in da arse sometimes though. I just go through these times of frustration, its very real, and very frustrating. Nobody understands it much, but I swear, I would get a weave, wear a wig, chop or anything crazy when I get like this just to fix the frustration. I need to find the cause and how to work through it without doing somethin drastic. It may be just as simple as what was said, the frustraion will leave again......although last time it didnt and went on for months and months untill I hacked off a few inches. we will see, but I will fight to not do somethin stupid that wont really fix it anyway.
Shaniquah said:
Girl, if you cut that hair send it to ME!!!! :grin: Your fotki is very impressive and a joy to look at!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I dunno sis, I say maybe if you did decide to cut a few inches then you could deal with it easier. I remember the last time you did it and your hair was beautiful! I'm saying this because I KNOW once I reach waist lenghth (straightened) I'll probably chop up to brastrap length. I'm just going for WL to see if I can make it...that's it. :look: Make life easy on yourself and do what's comfortable for yourself. You have beautiful, healthy hair and at any length it's still gonna be beautiful and healthy. :)

Irresistible

Yeah it did get that frustration out my system when I finally just chopped it. The down side was I missed it everytime I went to do my bun for a while. Then I regretted it. I will figure it out somehow.

I guess I mostly just wish my hair was easier to press when I want to. I think that would settle alot of this, cause that styling option wouldnt be so frustrating. Pressing is killer for me to do now. period, I just have a hard time with that kind of job.

really I'm to a point where alot of things about my hair are too much for me to deal with. It might be more cause of other stress in my life and not feeling well lately making it seem worse ....so I'll wait it out and see how it goes.

But the hair boredom unless i go through Major work to do something different just simply sucks!!!!

nurseN98 said:
I dunno sis, I say maybe if you did decide to cut a few inches then you could deal with it easier. I remember the last time you did it and your hair was beautiful! I'm saying this because I KNOW once I reach waist lenghth (straightened) I'll probably chop up to brastrap length. I'm just going for WL to see if I can make it...that's it. :look: Make life easy on yourself and do what's comfortable for yourself. You have beautiful, healthy hair and at any length it's still gonna be beautiful and healthy. :)

Sistaslick

Irresistible said:
ok rant over. excuse me ladies. *crys* Does anyone even understand? or is more like how dare she complain? I'm thankfull for my bun , but I mean it just aint that 'grown and sexy' and I mean come on WHO could be happy with a bun daily , day in day out every single day month after month , year after year?. (ya'll know I already had 'style' pressure, like I HAD to do things with my hair, I just got over that , I thought. point being, no style suggestions needed , i done tried it all ) alright well anyway, let me just shut up. I was happy with my dang bun , I mean I had this settled in me back in December....wth? *prays I get there again*

Nope, sorry . . . its more like how dare she complain!!!! :mad: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean dang, can I get some aches and pains too? :lachen:

dicapr

I don't know if this helps, but when I had a press and curl sometimes I would press my hair out in stages. Sometimes only the front and back got pressed and the middle was pinned up. I could pin up the middle and the front and back could be worn strait. Sometimes I wore my hair like this for a week and my hair was only a few inches from APL. I couldn't imagine pressing that much hair!

Irresistible

lolol girl just wait. you ask and then you recieve, dont come complainin tah me eitha missy! :lol:

lol nah I wouldnt wish my 'hair' mental issues (lmao) and frustrations on anyone!

I'm just saying can I please have somethin besides the ole lady bun, I want grown and sexy hair some of the time , without pure hell to get it

lmao....I know already, its too much to ask.....sigh

Sistaslick said:
Nope, sorry . . . its more like how dare she complain!!!! :mad: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean dang, can I get some aches and pains too? :lachen:

Irresistible

Girl thats EXACTLY what I was thinking I will have to do! I used to do 2 day braid jobs, maybe it has to be the same with pressing. I dont mind that, and will do that, to not KILL myself tryin to do it all at once.

The down side, is although I'm single right now, I'm thinking dang it would be nice to have a way to have an easier way, when you want your hair down. My hair is gonna be a third person in a relationship I get in lmao, getin in the way, making plans for it, setting apart days .....haha

I really do want to find a way to enjoy a press now and then. So yeah its either I do it in stages , or break my stand, and go back to my hairdresser. I dont even know if he can handle this head, he always cut it to bra strap....now I kinda see why.

Thank you for the suggestion and you know what , your right, its the only way, so I might as well just accept that thats how it just is.

dicapr said:
I don't know if this helps, but when I had a press and curl sometimes I would press my hair out in stages. Sometimes only the front and back got pressed and the middle was pinned up. I could pin up the middle and the front and back could be worn strait. Sometimes I wore my hair like this for a week and my hair was only a few inches from APL. I couldn't imagine pressing that much hair!

Lucia

CantBeCopied said:

I 2nd this :spank: don't act out on yur hair from frustration you'll regret it later. Besides have you tried other ways of straightening? you could try those big hard plastic rollers and sit under a dryer @ medium heat that would get most of the work done for you, then you could wear that half- press or you could go over it w/ an iron to get the super flat straight look. If you're trying to straighten now in the middle of summer heat, your just asking for frustration-leave it alone, mist it do a pony pouf- and call it a day. Or how about starting to do some natural hairstyles that can also look very grown and sexxy

Sistaslick said:
Nope, sorry . . . its more like how dare she complain!!!!

I mean dang, can I get some aches and pains too?

I kind of have to agree w Sista on this one too, sorry IRIS, but if you'd like to wish some of these "long hair" problems on the rest of us go ahead.

Last edited:

Irresistible

LOL Lucia I know ya'll aint feellin me ....oh but you will. I prayed to God my hair would get long, I prayed hard too. Hard and long. The Lord didnt do it how I wanted it though. I didnt wake up and it was long , but years later here I am. and I never ever never thought there would be frustrations involved. But ohhh there is. Now ya'll know I lost half my hair back in 2001 had to cut to shoulder length (very heart breaking and scarey) due to illness. now the way my hair grew back thicker and how fast it recovered (about a year to feel somewhat normal again) Its progressed more since coming back in from falling out back in 2001 than it did in all the years before, I know is the Lord , because of how heart broken I was (God is good) I said all that to say this. I AM VERY THANKFULL..... whew, with what I have been through?!. But dang it the bun is old and pressing is killer!!!!!!!!!!! dats all I'm saying. Hair boredom/frustration is setting in again.........I WILL WORK THIS OUT SOMEHOW YA'LL!

btw Lucia, I dont think I will cut, I remember regrettin that too much. I will keep that at the forefront of my mind.

The Lord knows we ask and recieve and still find things to not be happy about. I try hard to just be happy with my bun , Lord knows I do

BUT I WANNA ENJOY MY HAIR BEFORE ITS GRAY AND THINNING YANNO???
CAN ANYONE HEAR ME??????? LOLOLOL

Lucia said:
I 2nd this :spank: don't act out on yur hair from frustration you'll regret it later. Besides have you tried other ways of straightening? you could try those big hard plastic rollers and sit under a dryer @ medium heat that would get most of the work done for you, then you could wear that half- press or you could go over it w/ an iron to get the super flat straight look. If you're trying to straighten now in the middle of summer heat, your just asking for frustration-leave it alone, mist it do a pony pouf- and call it a day. Or how about starting to do some natural hairstyles that can also look very grown and sexxy

I kind of have to agree w Sista on this one too, sorry IRIS, but if you'd like to wish some of these "long hair" problems on the rest of us go ahead.

Irresistible

Do you know it was last July that I last pressed my hair? and it was torture then , dats why I aint pressed since. LOL, so why do I pick July? wth?

&by Nov I was cuttin it off.

I will not repeat that again! I better not! lol

Lucia said:

Kimberly

When I first read your post, I wanted to tell you to take a deep breath. Sure it gets frustrating but this will pass. I don't think that you should be anywhere near scissors during a period of frustration. Just relax. It will be okay.

MissYocairis

Hey, Irresistable, how does your hair do with natural styles, no pressing? Maybe you should try some kind of wash and go. You might like it? Just a suggestion.

Irresistible

Girl I been natural now for like 13 years, my hair has seen it all, every style and experiment I could come up with , even invented stuff and trust me when I say, the wash and Go is undoable with my hair.....UN DOABLE. sigh

I wouldnt even be frustrated if I had it like that! But alas , I dont.

Ok you guys, I appreciate the effort of the suggestions alot. ya'll are my sistah's *hugs*

But my hair is drivin me batty nutts right now. Trust me when I say if there were a simple answer I would find it.

All I can do now , is shut up and be thankfull and quit the wishfull thinking that aint happening anyway...it is what it is, and it does what it does. and it has its downsides. and they aint goin away.

it has its upsides too, i gotta try to focus on those more to get through this.

**accept the bun again**
**Love the bun again**
**The bun is pretty**
**The bun is sexy**<<<<yeah right, but I will try to think that way lmao

CantBeCopied said:
Hey, Irresistable, how does your hair do with natural styles, no pressing? Maybe you should try some kind of wash and go. You might like it? Just a suggestion.

Irresistible

yeah I just have to accept that it aint gonna be no easy feat to press my hair ......EVER. So dont bother with gettin frustrated that it aint easy. Either I do it in a way I can handle it, or I have someone else do it. Or I put it back up and call it a day.

Kimberly said:
When I first read your post, I wanted to tell you to take a deep breath. Sure it gets frustrating but this will pass. I don't think that you should be anywhere near scissors during a period of frustration. Just relax. It will be okay.

dynamic1

First, your hair is simply beautiful. I understand how you feel. I have been bunning for an eternity because my transition is eternal! When I wet set my hair I am on top of the world, but it takes foreverrrrrrrr! When I straighten it, it is an all day project. I can not even imagine how long it would take with your length and thickness. Finally, one day I had a real bad tangled matted mess on wash and my hair begged to be free.

I said to heck with what people think, I trimmed off the relaxed ends I could find and did the wash and go for the 1st time. It felt really great, because although my hair did not look "done", it was free without alot of drama and time put in. It swelled throughout the day but I let it do it's thing.