Hip Length Challenge 2010

Hi ladies! I can't figure out how to upload a pic with the new format :dizzy: but my siggie pic is from last night's date with the flat iron. It does indeed reach down to my hip, but I'm scared to claim it yet.....

Hey schipperchow1 :wave:

Well I flatiron the roots and leave the ends alone. Sometimes I'll do the whole thing, but I don't like that straight look.

My retention is fine. I was co-washing almost every day in July and I saw way too much shed hair so I panicked and have been rollersetting instead. I did a protein treatment and that's helped. I have to determine if the shed hair is so much because my hair is longer or if the manipulation of my wet hair is too much for my noggin.

That's encouraging to hear. :yep: I prefer the body & bounce that comes with rollersetting & a blow out. However, after this weekend's marathon rollerset session, I really need to decide what I am going to do to get straighter looks :perplexed Since I exercise, the time expended for a straight style that I will sweat out in 24-48 hrs doesn't compute for me:ohwell: I like to rinse my hair after an intense workout, but like you, wonder if I am increasing hair shed rate due to the manipulation even though I generally just finger comb except for smoothing the top layer.

I still need to post pictures but after yesterday's festivities, I realized that I forgot to have someone take a picture of the back of my head. It's in a bun now, but I will try to get a picture tonight.

Hi ladies! I can't figure out how to upload a pic with the new format :dizzy: but my siggie pic is from last night's date with the flat iron. It does indeed reach down to my hip, but I'm scared to claim it yet.....

How are you? Claim HL, girl:grin: I wish I could :look: At this rate, I think I will be joining Whimsy's HL 2011 Challenge:cry3:

I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I had been kinda sorta avoiding this thread because I was afraid I wouldn't make it. :cry3: But I'm happy to be here, breakage and all. And I know you will get there, probably sooner rather than later.

Mariposa - you look gorgeous in your avatar pic. your hair looks great.

Lady P - CLAAAIIIMMM IIITTTTT

You guys, I'm really feeling like flat ironing so I can see my length and get a trim....I wanted to wait till October when I go to vegas for my engagement pics...but I think I may do it sooner....

I'll see...

Flat ironing is contagious lol. If you can stand it, you probably should wait, so you don't end up flat ironing back to back by doing it again in October. But if you simply must, then go for it! Life is short (and your hair is long :yay: )

... But if you simply must, then go for it! Life is short (and your hair is long ... )

This from the lady STILL hiding her hair under wigs, :lol:. (Just teasing you, ;).) Hooray for reaching hip length! :)

Looking forward to the coming updates, and to seeing more of you over in the Tailbone and Classic threads. :)

I still need to post pictures but after yesterday's festivities, I realized that I forgot to have someone take a picture of the back of my head. It's in a bun now, but I will try to get a picture tonight. [/COLOR]
schipperchow1, I hope you got someone to take a picture for you :)

LadyPaniolo, I really like reading the updates here, so I hope you post here regularly :)

Possible "hair nirvana" at hiplength? .5 inches per month? Quick journeys from WL to Hiplength?

This can't be! lol This thread is the truth! I got some well needed inspiration.

Grow ladies- Grow!!

Hey ladies! I've been so busy the last few wks my hair days were put on pause. I'm DC right now with a mixtur e of Nexxus Humectress, Slicone Mix, and Baba decaracol. I als o add a little castor, coconut oil. I'll be relaxing soon and ust in tme for update pictures (*_*).

Congratulations Lady P!! You better claim girl LOL!

This from the lady STILL hiding her hair under wigs, :lol:. (Just teasing you, ;).) Hooray for reaching hip length! :)

Looking forward to the coming updates, and to seeing more of you over in the Tailbone and Classic threads. :)

:lachen: You have a good point there! I'm waiting on FedEx right now, they have 2 wigs for me :yay: Yes, I'll be sure to check out the Tailbone and Classic threads.

schipperchow1, I hope you got someone to take a picture for you :)

LadyPaniolo, I really like reading the updates here, so I hope you post here regularly :)

Aww! I'm getting so much love today and yesterday on the forum. When I see this thread bumped up I'll be in here gawking at you ladies hair :lovedrool:

Hey ladies! I've been so busy the last few wks my hair days were put on pause. I'm DC right now with a mixtur e of Nexxus Humectress, Slicone Mix, and Baba decaracol. I als o add a little castor, coconut oil. I'll be relaxing soon and ust in tme for update pictures (*_*).

Thanks! that DC mixture sounds lovely... my hair is salivating :drool: lol

hey guys... i cant decide if i want to roller set or flat iron. i want to do it for my b-day on the 24th :D so i have to make up my mind. lmao i dont even have plans for my b-day except for wear my hair down lmao. i know for sure i dont want to go to the club... maybe a nice dinner with friends. i have no idea, maybe just sleep lmao but i do know i want it down!

shopaholic, what leave ins are you using on your relaxed ends. And are you texlaxing?

I could've SWORN i posted this here but i'll allegedly re-post it( this is what happens when you frequent numerous hair boards!!!:laugh:)....I'm not gonna make Hip Length this year ya'll. :nono:

My hair has thickened up at the ends but i highly doubt i'll be Hip Length by the end of December.....:crying3:...i'll be there next year...i guess....i dunno. I hope to be at least halfway there sometime next year...but honestly it don't even matter no more bc i'm transitioning and my ultimate goal is to be WL stretched in a few years:yep:

Okay...question for those on here who are either transitioning or are texlaxed....does your hair shrink up to BSL or APL when you wet it? Mine does....i think its so cool!!:grin:...okay that was just random...i know:D

I bought new standing hair steamer I was hoping it arrive before check in so I could do a long overdue storm DC my hair misses steam DCs. Especially fall winte coming up I'll steaming will keep my noisier way up and steaming did get me to WL the 1st time.

Well Mo.....since its gettin cooler why not try out the JBCO? I know i will be back on that this winter!!! And thank you for the comment....even though i look at the pic and i'm like :nono:....:wallbash:

Scalp massages with Ayurveda oil like brahmi or bringaraj can help hey rev up root strength and boost hair growth
HHG

Hey ladies!

I will do my hair on Friday and do the length check then. Its too muggy and hot to mess with straightening my hair right now.

Right now I'm under the steamer enjoying the steamy goodness LOL
Hey SmilingElephant great progress! Most people would die to have that length so callate LOL :lol:
I'm looking forward to everyone else's progress :drunk:

Back