Hip Length Challenge 2010

lol yes it is a proof pic... i wont name names of course but i had gotten a little pm when i did my last update and uh... well yeah. i chose not to respond because i thought it was childish but i figured that since they are obviously in these threads a lot, i'd post s little something for them :D lmao

WHAT!!!!????? MESSY, AFTER ALL THESE LADIES WITH LONG HAIR AND YOU GETTIN CYBER WEAVE CHECKED. SMDgH!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Oh and girls, HI!!!! :waving:

Sorry I've been away, been planning an elopement and jobhunting and just been kinda crazy.

I straightened my hair tonight, I will take photos in the morning.

Gunna get a trim tomorrow, so I will take photos after that too.

It feels longer but I don't know to what extent. Maybe 1/2 inch to an inch past waist? I dunno.

(PS yes i straightened my hair on my own for the trim, i'm not risking my stylist giving me heat damage again, but i dont trust anyone else with scissors near my hair.)

Pics tomorrow i promise.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up. Are you saying that you're planning to elope?? OMG!
:bouncy: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance7: Have you done it yet? Keep us posted. I may have missed you saying this somewhere but, I'm SO excited for you! Oh, and I hope the job hunting is going well and lands you the job of your dreams!

Mz.MoMo5235

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up. Are you saying that you're planning to elope?? OMG!
:bouncy: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance7: Have you done it yet? Keep us posted. I may have missed you saying this somewhere but, I'm SO excited for you! Oh, and I hope the job hunting is going well and lands you the job of your dreams!

this!!! so exciting!!! :D

MariposaSexyGirl

Happy birthday Mz.MoMo5235 !!!

Your hair looks beautiful! So does yours SmilingElephant!

I have cut my hair back to WL(the thickest point). And since I realize WL isn't that far from hl, I decided just to cut it. Before I cut it, the longest parts were like an inch from the crack of my arse :look: lol. But I've been in the mood for thick ends, so I cut it. Since I know my hair can actually reach HL I'm really not sweating it anymore. I'm happy with my new blunt cut. I will still grow it out to hl (whimsy I'm going to join your challenge) but this time I will expect it to be blunt hl. I'm still going to be lurking in here though.

Lucia

Oh and girls, HI!!!! :waving:

Sorry I've been away, been planning an elopement and jobhunting and just been kinda crazy.

I straightened my hair tonight, I will take photos in the morning.

Gunna get a trim tomorrow, so I will take photos after that too.

It feels longer but I don't know to what extent. Maybe 1/2 inch to an inch past waist? I dunno.

(PS yes i straightened my hair on my own for the trim, i'm not risking my stylist giving me heat damage again, but i dont trust anyone else with scissors near my hair.)

Pics tomorrow i promise.

Love the new length updates, it was practically blunt and a little passed WL, love the layers too. Very pretty hair either blunt or layered.

Happy birthday Mz.MoMo5235 !!!

Your hair looks beautiful! So does yours SmilingElephant!

I have cut my hair back to WL(the thickest point). And since I realize WL isn't that far from hl, I decided just to cut it. Before I cut it, the longest parts were like an inch from the crack of my arse :look: lol. But I've been in the mood for thick ends, so I cut it. Since I know my hair can actually reach HL I'm really not sweating it anymore. I'm happy with my new blunt cut. I will still grow it out to hl (whimsy I'm going to join your challenge) but this time I will expect it to be blunt hl. I'm still going to be lurking in here though.

Can't wait to see the pics.
I hope you both of you are putting down the shears now that you've cut some off :lol:

Lucia

OK I did my whole hair day whew am I tired.
My update pics are in my fotki link below.
I'm not too pleased with my progress :( the flat iron is puffy I'm fine with that it's been raining and humid this week.
I didn't get a major growth spurt like I was hoping it's just thicker and the front is now practically evened up with the back. I'm still MBL after I did that major self trim 2+ inches Feb/March 2010 and still need a good 1-2 inches for WL. I'm a little frustrated right now, and can't figure out whether to weave it up for fall, or just keep on working this regime. The reason I stopped using installs is b/c it started to affect my hairline so I stopped asap before it became a problem but weaves got me crazy length fast. My hairline filled back in 1 month after stopping the installs.

I don't know if I can even make HL this year at this rate. I'm thinking of just encouraging you ladies and bowing out of this and the TL/CL challenges. I don't know what to do next....:perplexed

Feb 2010 Maxiglide and Trim more album | Lucia3k~Updates-FEB 2010~ | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Last edited:

jupitermoon

Lucia, don't feel discouraged. You will make hip length. There is no set time; this is not a race. :yep: Your hair is much thicker and it may be a bit longer than a few months ago. You're wearing a baggy shirt in your progress pics which makes it harder to see exactly where your hair stops on your body. Also, do you daily co wash? If so the daily co washing may be too much manipulation for you and could be affecting your retention.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I'll be posting my pics today. For whatever reason they didn't get my payment to renew I had to manually put the payment through it normally comes out.automatically but anyway I prepooed overnight with castor, cinnamon and coconut oil mix. Let me go shampoo and DC so I can get my roll on lollipop.

Lucia

Lucia, don't feel discouraged. You will make hip length. There is no set time; this is not a race. :yep: Your hair is much thicker and it may be a bit longer than a few months ago. You're wearing a baggy shirt in your progress pics which makes it harder to see exactly where your hair stops on your body. Also, do you daily co wash? If so the daily co washing may be too much manipulation for you and could be affecting your retention.

Thanks :grouphug3: I was feeling bad about it, I can always count on you ladies to understand and give a good word.
I was daily co-washing then I got lazy with it, now I only co-wash weekly but I had a lot of shed hairs cause I haven't CW or detangled for almost 2 weeks this time and I think that I had some fall shedding too, which is probably making look worse than it really is.
I am wearing a baggy shirt but it's around the same length as in the pink shirt in my previous updates.
I did do and S&D on a couple nasty SSK's and I have very few splits which is a good sign. Like you said it's not a race (I got caught up on the check-in dates) I think I'll step back from trying to reach goal at a certain time and just concentrate on hair health with scalp massages, moisture, oil and S&D's. on the upside I got my steamer and DC'd for 40 min love it. Hopefully that will help me stay on track steaming got me to WL the 1st time. :yep:

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Hey ladies whats goin on up in here?? I'm just about to be 5 months post and i'm just now starting to have styling issues....and don't feel bad Lucia...i'm in the same boat as you....it seems like my hair is shrinking:perplexed

Next time i will take a pic RIGHT after i flat iron my hair bc it tends to shrink up after a few days...AND i'll wear a white T-shirt:yep:...i know for a fact my hair has grown alot bc i decided to just blowdry my roots last nite and i STILL had to use all my upper arm strength (that i have:laugh:) to put it in a decent bun.

And i'm starting to think wearing bun lately makes me look old or something....especially now that my edges are starting to show their curly patterns....i just have to get used to it i guess.

I hpe to be near Hip by the end of next year though:grin:

jupitermoon

@Lucia, I remember looking at your Fotki a few years ago (back in 2007 I think) while I was still transitioning and finding what works for me. I looked at your regimen and found it so cool how you trimmed according to the moon's cycles (I don't know if you still do this). I love the moon that's why I chose "Celina" as my user name which is a derivative of "Selene", the Greek goddess of the moon, lol! I remember the beautiful waist length pictures you took too. I know you'll get back there and your hair is beautiful now. I love that hair comb picture of yours.

There's no rush in getting to any length. I remember when my hair appeared to stop growing a few months ago then started again. Perhaps this is happening to you too? I've read that some people get their growth spurts during the winter time.

Hey ladies whats goin on up in here?? I'm just about to be 5 months post and i'm just now starting to have styling issues....and don't feel bad @Lucia...i'm in the same boat as you....it seems like my hair is shrinking:perplexed

Next time i will take a pic RIGHT after i flat iron my hair bc it tends to shrink up after a few days...AND i'll wear a white T-shirt:yep:...i know for a fact my hair has grown alot bc i decided to just blowdry my roots last nite and i STILL had to use all my upper arm strength (that i have:laugh:) to put it in a decent bun.

And i'm starting to think wearing bun lately makes me look old or something....especially now that my edges are starting to show their curly patterns....i just have to get used to it i guess.

I hpe to be near Hip by the end of next year though:grin:

@SmilingElephant, have you tried dressing your bun up with hair sticks or repositioning it? What about simply twisting your hair up and leaving the ends out?

@CelinaStarr I am loving your new Avatar and Siggy pictures.:thumbsup:

Thank you. The avatar picture is an old pic from March of this year.

jupitermoon

@SmilingElephant, your progress pictures are nice and your hair does look thicker. Your straightened hair turned out great. It looks so pretty, silky, and healthy. Your blog is really cute and I love the make up too.

SmilingElephant

@SmilingElephant, your progress pictures are nice and your hair does look thicker. Your straightened hair turned out great. It looks so pretty, silky, and healthy. Your blog is really cute and I love the make up too.

CelinaStarr....thanx:D

I'll try to reposition my bun in the morning....i guess my problem with bunning lately is bc i have thay area of breakage right behind my ear....its actually growing back pretty nice...but when i don't straighten my hair that area tends to really shrink up and it doesn't stay slicked own so i have to use headbands to camouflage it:ohwell:

Lucia

CelinaStarr
thanks

Yes I actually still do this and I still believe it helps me I even try to do S&D on those days I only dust on length or thickness days) so I don't throw the pattern off.
You're probably right my hair's probably just taking a little break hopefully fall/winter will be major progress lengthwise. I know my hair grows thickness 1st then lengthens so I'll just try and be patient after all I'm close to WL and HL is about 4 inches away, much closer than it was when I started I didn't even think I could be aiming for HL/TL so I'm thankful for that.

Last edited:

Spring

Wow :love2: I haven't checked in here in a while, and when I come back I get this great surprise of everyone showing their beautiful updates :cloud9:

hang in there Lucia and Smilingelephant!! Smilingelephant, when you have a lot of newgrowth it can make your hair seem shorter when it really isn't .... :)

Last edited:

LoveLongLocks

I feel so left out! It is so nice to read you guys being so encouraging to one another. I missed my update pics because I was out of town for a wedding - and put my hair in braids asap.
For my LHC - Sisters:

@ Lucia don't feel down. Your hair is very beautiful, and SUPER thick!

@ Mo' - someone was just mad because their hair is not as pretty as yours!

@ Celina - your siggy is beautiful as always, and I love all of your hair toys...I am collecting more hair toys inspired by your collection!

I am really in limbo with my hair, so I am relieved that it is being protected in braids. I have been tempted to cut, and this usually helps until it is out of my system.
I will stretch for the next update, or when I touch up my braids.
Here are the braids that I am doing right now. Just so that I don't feel so left out!

I hope all of you ladies continued success!

Attachments

• c&g fall2010.jpg
    c&g fall2010.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well here's my update pics, I ended flat ironing I think for the first time this yr now I know why i don't like to flat iron it makes my naturally thin hair look thinner. Speaking of thin why do pics make the hair look thinner than in person :ohwell: I don't really see any growth from the last update and the last pic is how I normally wear my hair if it's not in a bun, I just keep it in 2 twist or platts. Once the NG get out of control during the stretch a bun is better it keeps my nape NG from matting.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Wow :love2: I haven't checked in here in a while, and when I come back I get this great surprise of everyone showing their beautiful updates :cloud9:

hang in there Lucia and Smilingelephant!! Smilingelephant, when you have a lot of newgrowth it can make your hair seem shorter when it really isn't .... :)

I hope thats whats going on:ohwell:.....grrrrr to shrinkage!!!:grin:...:fistshake:

Spring

@ Mo' - someone was just mad because their hair is not as pretty as yours!

@ Celina - your siggy is beautiful as always, and I love all of your hair toys...I am collecting more hair toys inspired by your collection!

I hope all of you ladies continued success!

Your braids are beautiful! and I agree,... Mo your hair is beautiful! Celina, I'm working on my hair toy collection... one item at a time (I don't like spending money :lol: )

Well here's my update pics

When I clicked on your first attachment, the pic remained small :perplexed and I wasn't able to click on the other attachment with 4 pics :(

I hope thats whats going on:ohwell:.....grrrrr to shrinkage!!!:grin:...:fistshake:

I love your natural hair color :heart2: and your bangs are growing out nicely. I remember when you cut them last year (or was it the beginning of this year ...):)

SmilingElephant

Toy....okay that's it...i am SEVERELY jealous of your hair!!!:fistshake:....you're Hip Length and its thick and the length that i want and blahdy blahdy BLAH!!!!:mad:....GIVE ME YOUR HAIR!!!!....:laugh: